Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Off Topic & Unrelated > Video Games Chat
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2011   #46
Kodo

Kodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud of
New gameplay trailer called "Rising Through The Ranks" - http://lanoiregaming.com/?p=573

Kodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011   #47
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
Looked amazing, as always.

Core i5 2500K @ 4.8 GHz || 16 GBs 1600 MHz DDR3 || Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 || Dual 128 GB SSDs
Piggus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011   #48
Grimmy
I'm ready for the laughing gas

Grimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond repute
First playthrough I'm going to be the shittiest cop ever. See how that goes within the story.
Old 04-21-2011   #49
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
I'm looking forward to this game more and more every day.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011   #50
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
damn i'm getting this. I think i'll wait for the GOTY version though. Seems like a lot of DLC will be released.

grimmy is a gay icon
oppar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011   #51
Tyler
Every Time Zone
Addicted Member

Tyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud of
I'm getting this on release day.
Old 04-23-2011   #52
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute

Just wanted to point out this image. The game must span a couple of years because it starts in 1945 and 'Odd Man Out' came out in '47. Interesting little fact.
Old 04-23-2011   #53
Algonquin
Da Bear
Addicted Member

Algonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
I'm getting this on release day.
We figured that out from pre-order. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by victim View Post
The game must span a couple of years because it starts in 1945 and 'Odd Man Out' came out in '47. Interesting little fact.
"L.A. Noire is set in "a perfectly re-created Los Angeles" of 1947"

However since you move from desk to desk to desk, having multiple promotions. I doubt they'd take place in one single year. they also say that he's comeing back from the war, so I'd assume like you, that it starts in 45'.

They've also confirmed a case that is nearly identical to "The Black Dahlia" murder. Which took place in 1947.
Old 04-23-2011   #54
victim

Yeah, if it is set 2 years after the war ended, they have to account for those 2 years of Cole's life. To be honest, I'm kind of just assuming the opening cutscene will be Cole getting off a boat after returning from Europe. That's a motif Rockstar have used at the start of their two biggest videogames of this generation (I don't even know why Marston was on that boat).

It's wrong to assume though.
Old 04-23-2011   #55
Tyler
Every Time Zone
Addicted Member

Tyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by victim View Post
Yeah, if it is set 2 years after the war ended, they have to account for those 2 years of Cole's life. To be honest, I'm kind of just assuming the opening cutscene will be Cole getting off a boat after returning from Europe. That's a motif Rockstar have used at the start of their two biggest videogames of this generation (I don't even know why Marston was on that boat).

It's wrong to assume though.

Marston said something along the lines of being in Chicago for a little bit during a bit in the game.

...i think...
Old 04-23-2011   #56
Algonquin
Da Bear
Addicted Member

Algonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
Marston said something along the lines of being in Chicago for a little bit during a bit in the game.

...i think...

Quote:
John Marston was born in 1873. His father was an illiterate Scottish immigrant and his mother was a prostitute who died during childbirth. John's father was blinded in both eyes during a bar fight in Chicago.
SO, yeah.

From what i remember it was kind of assumed that the FBI took him away somewhere to talk to him, threaten him and his family etc. that's why he arrives via boat in the beginning.

Anyway with Noire I'm assumeing we'll start in 45, as a beat cop like shown. Then over the next few years we'll rise through the ranks.
Old 04-23-2011   #57
Tyler
Every Time Zone
Addicted Member

I can see the first mission being this;

Getting off boat/train from the "war"
having someone/you driving to the safehouse.
sleep, meet up at police station
start being police officer.
Old 04-24-2011   #58
Algonquin
Da Bear
Addicted Member

Errr...

Safehouse?
lol

Btw they've said the first level as a beat cop will be basically a tutorial.

I picture the intro and cut scene showing him coming home from the war, voice over from him explaining him getting a job in the police force, with him walking down the street and you gaining control.
Simple "follow the instructions, press derp to hurp" etc.
Old 04-24-2011   #59
doombringer12
It's About War Not About Peace

doombringer12 will become famous soon enoughdoombringer12 will become famous soon enoughdoombringer12 will become famous soon enoughdoombringer12 will become famous soon enoughdoombringer12 will become famous soon enoughdoombringer12 will become famous soon enoughdoombringer12 will become famous soon enoughdoombringer12 will become famous soon enoughdoombringer12 will become famous soon enough
http://www.goozernation.com/video-ga...r-controversy-

which preorder are you getting

im going for the walmart one

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:dragon_Alphabet
doombringer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011   #60
Grimmy
I'm ready for the laughing gas

Grimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond repute
They all sound terrible.