Old 3 Weeks Ago   #1
Irphaeus
Newbie Member

Irphaeus is an unknown quantity at this point
Some newbie question...

Im not new to mod, i already modded many game like Fallout 3 or Skyrim without any problem...

But before trying GTA 4 ( i never played it ) i just wanted to know if its really more difficult to do cause when i read comment people seems to be really lost or they are just clueless ? ^^

I also wanted to know if we can replace NPC 3D model since they are really ugly in GTA4, i saw some mod who replace Niko or some mod who add some chick from other games ( still don't get how it's work, there is no kid of follower in GTA no ? )

Also if there is any post to read before modding please redirect me on it
Irphaeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #2
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
Modding in gta works a bit different from other games, but know how it works there isn't much to it. Just start by updating your game to atleast patch 1.0.4.0. and get the program SparkIV or OpenIV (I use both, since openIV is better for when you're making mods yourself, and SparkIV is the only program that can handle gta's sound formats).

A complete backup of your gta folder is also highly recommended since mods generally replace default gta objects instead of adding stuff like in most games.

Then when you want to install a weapon, playerskin or vehicle just open up SparkIV (let's just stick with that one for the explanation) and hit 'browse' then go to pc/models/cdimages.

Let's say you've downloaded a custom gun, in that folder you'll find some .img files that are pretty self-explantory, go to the weapons.img to install that weapon.. then just hit 'import' and select the .wtd and .wdr file provided by the mod you downloaded. You'll see the files you've replaced highlighted in blue, then just hit save and exit the program and you're all done.
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote