Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2010   #1
VCMobster86
One Crazy Mofo

VCMobster86 is on a distinguished roadVCMobster86 is on a distinguished roadVCMobster86 is on a distinguished roadVCMobster86 is on a distinguished road
Weapons you would like to see in GTA 5

Here are some new weapons I would like to see added in GTA5

AK-74 Carbine
Colt Anaconda or Smith and Wesson Model 29 (.44 magnum)
Bayonet
M1 Garand
Rifle Grenades
Ballistics Knives
Thompson SMG
Browning Automatic Rifle (BAR)
Bowie Knife
Hacksaw
Environmental based weapons (using your surroundings as weapons)
Double Barrel Shotgun
VCMobster86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011   #2
bossja
Newbie Member

bossja is an unknown quantity at this point
Colth M1911
M1 Garand
Sten gun
Bren LMG
M16A2
Arisaka type 99
Bar M1918
bossja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011   #3
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels
Loyal Member

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
I'm happy with GTA IV's gun lineup. Wouldn't mind more melee based weapons, or more options with the current ones like on SA you could silently knife people. The only gun I didn't really like on any of the IV's was probably the MP5 replacement they put in, I'd just like them to keep the MP5, they look better suited to the SWAT teams imo.

The only other change that I wouldn't be bothered about, is if each gun (that's the sane) had few aesthetic changes such as iron sights and scopes, but not to effect aim or range. Just thought it may give a bit individuality, such as the SWAT team having ACOG scopes and such, but gang members only having iron sights etc
Old 05-06-2011   #4
MattStar

MattStar will become famous soon enoughMattStar will become famous soon enoughMattStar will become famous soon enoughMattStar will become famous soon enoughMattStar will become famous soon enoughMattStar will become famous soon enough
Silenced weapons! There was no way to be stealthy in IV. I would like to see a silenced m9, mp5, and sniper rifle.
MattStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011   #5
JoseIPincheiraC
Newbie Member

JoseIPincheiraC is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb

I'd also like what they said about the silencers (good idea!) But also could put weapons that do not exist or that only has the army as weapons lansa harpoons, to climb buildings, etc..
JoseIPincheiraC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011   #6
dokujitsu
GTA addict since 2001

dokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura about
THE COMEBACK OF HEAVY WEAPONS. Flamethrower & mini gun!

And bring back the melee action. Katana, golf club, brass knucks, random tools...

Maybe some goof off weapons? Paintball gun, taser, stun gun, mace

I'd also like to see cars equipped with weapons. Haven't seen a good vehicle fighter in forever. Maybe if you could mount miniguns or rpgs (ala Death Race)!
Old 10-28-2011   #7
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by dokujitsu View Post
THE COMEBACK OF HEAVY WEAPONS. Flamethrower & mini gun!

And bring back the melee action. Katana, golf club, brass knucks, random tools...

Maybe some goof off weapons? Paintball gun, taser, stun gun, mace

I'd also like to see cars equipped with weapons. Haven't seen a good vehicle fighter in forever. Maybe if you could mount miniguns or rpgs (ala Death Race)!
Flamethrower would be great, and definitely more melee weapons, we should be able to pick up a random brick off the floor and use it as a weapon, or a piece of broken bench, I know you can throw bricks and coffee cups etc in IV but they never did any damage.

Silenced Pistol would be good

maybe smoke grenades to evade police

Tasers and Stun Guns sound fun, mace too, if you scare a woman on the street maybe she sprays you with mace, and the screen goes all blurry for a few seconds, and you stumble about.

not sure the point of Paintball guns though

but then you just get silly, we don't need to be able to mount weapons on cars, thats not Grand Theft Auto at all, what we do need though is 8-Balls bombs back.
Old 10-28-2011   #8
Tyler
Every Time Zone
Addicted Member

Tyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud of
the chainsaw.

that's it.
Old 10-28-2011   #9
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
the chainsaw.

that's it.
YES! of course! how did i forget that!
Old 10-29-2011   #10
dokujitsu
GTA addict since 2001

dokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura about
Ah yeah, the chainsaw! Which is also where there needs to be a bit more gore and realistic damage. If I hit someone with this, I wanna see limbs come off!!

And to Lukeyy, I know the vehicle mounted guns are a bit far fetched. I'm hoping for a more unrealistic GTA this round. More fun than realism. That's about as crazy as I'll get. My ideal GTA would be one set in the future with laser weapons and whatnot. But... I know that's unlikely.

I miss the car-shooter genre. I loved games like Twisted Metal and Vigilante 8. I could see GTA having a destruction derby mode in the style of Death Race. Enclosed in a stadium... and you have the chance to take a car to the main roads. Oh the mayhem that would ensue. 5 stars due to ripping up the streets in an escaped rally car. Cheat codes spawn "Death Race" racer. Who needs a tank?
Old 10-30-2011   #11
Yellow_sentinel
hello there

Yellow_sentinel is on a distinguished roadYellow_sentinel is on a distinguished roadYellow_sentinel is on a distinguished roadYellow_sentinel is on a distinguished roadYellow_sentinel is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeyy19 View Post

but then you just get silly, we don't need to be able to mount weapons on cars, thats not Grand Theft Auto at all,
That was a feature in GTA II. And while I'm all for realism, that was fucking mint.
Yellow_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011   #12
Roxstein
╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻

Roxstein has a brilliant futureRoxstein has a brilliant futureRoxstein has a brilliant futureRoxstein has a brilliant futureRoxstein has a brilliant futureRoxstein has a brilliant futureRoxstein has a brilliant futureRoxstein has a brilliant futureRoxstein has a brilliant futureRoxstein has a brilliant futureRoxstein has a brilliant future

mmyessss
Old 10-30-2011   #13
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
A proper SCAR-L would be nice
Old 10-30-2011   #14
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dokujitsu View Post
And to Lukeyy, I know the vehicle mounted guns are a bit far fetched. I'm hoping for a more unrealistic GTA this round. More fun than realism. That's about as crazy as I'll get. My ideal GTA would be one set in the future with laser weapons and whatnot. But... I know that's unlikely.
Perhaps you should wait for this:

Anyway, Some Additions:

Remote Explosives (perhaps C4, or a Pipe Bomb) that can be detonated by calling a number from the mobile phone.

How about the Hardware Store back, and better than ever, Screwdriver, Hacksaw, Ripsaw, Circular Saw, Chainsaw, Leaf blower (just for the fun of it), Power Drill, Wrench, Hammer, Hedge Trimmer, Wooden Plank, Angle Grinder, Belt Sander, Knife, Bolt Cutters, Pipe, Crowbar, Blow Torch, Nail Gun, Axe, Shovel, Pickaxe, Sledgehammer , and I'm sure theres more that others could think of, even if they wouldn't harm anyone and would just be for a laugh like the Leaf Blower (kind of like the water canon on a firetruck)

Maybe you could add other stores like one selling Katanas, Samurai Swords, Daggers, Knives, Throwing Stars, Knuckle Dusters etc.

*Side note, perhaps the Screwdriver could be used as a subtle way of breaking into a car, without alerting nearby civilians or police, takes a bit longer, but a lot less chance of being noticed

wow i sound like a serial killer - i promise you i'm not...

Last edited by Lukeyy19; 10-31-2011 at 02:19 PM..
Lukeyy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011   #15
gtaperson

gtaperson is a jewel in the roughgtaperson is a jewel in the roughgtaperson is a jewel in the roughgtaperson is a jewel in the roughgtaperson is a jewel in the roughgtaperson is a jewel in the roughgtaperson is a jewel in the roughgtaperson is a jewel in the roughgtaperson is a jewel in the roughgtaperson is a jewel in the roughgtaperson is a jewel in the rough
(1)Sawed-off Shotgun
(2)Scythe
(3)Crowbar

But really why is there never a Crowbar? That would fit perfectly in GTA.
gtaperson is offline   Reply With Quote