Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto Mods > Grand Theft Auto IV Mods
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2010   #106
Ironhide
- Ambient Wars Creator

Ironhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enough
Looks like your capslock key got stuck for a minute. Might want to check that.

I am, as I've repeatedly said, investigating the problem. If that is worse to you than the game crashing or threads aborting then disable car crews until the matter is isolated and fixed.
Ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010   #107
motorsport71
Teach Me Wise Ones, Leave Me Alone Stupid Ones

motorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enough
lol. sorry. you know those darn caps lock keys. they get all excited whey one panics. (i am scared of the statues. petrified. They are my worst fear stemming back from 1.0.0.17.) I think i may have had a little too much caffiene tonight.
motorsport71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010   #108
Ironhide
- Ambient Wars Creator

Ironhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enough
Don't know if I know the reason yet, however one thing that occured to me is the fact that the ReserveEngine doesn't account for the raw millisecond speed the thugs come in and out of the corp.

So with that in mind I'm now crafting a virtual Barracks system so when they are reclaimed they are considered ComingOffDuty and get a rest period. The goal is to prevent them from being instantly retaken within milliseconds of them just having been reset. And the ultimate goal here is to see if maybe some times they are not fully reset yet when they are reclaimed and go back in the field. This is all just theory it may do absolutely nothing, however it's worth a shot since my last attempt at a slightly modified insertion technique didnt fix it and I know of no reason for it to be happening at the moment, except for possibly "to fast" with respect to what I just said. So we'll see.
Old 08-23-2010   #109
motorsport71

motorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enough
Iron, just read your message a minute ago. The inbox says it was recieved about the same time i made my last post. Point taken, i don't want you to think the last post was in response to the message.
Old 08-23-2010   #110
Ironhide
- Ambient Wars Creator

Nope I didn't think it was.

I am still eventually seeing draggers, and losing reserves, but the latter is much slower to happen now so that is definitely important progress. Strange issue. Very strange.
Old 08-24-2010   #111
Mr. Violence
Newbie Member

Mr. Violence is on a distinguished roadMr. Violence is on a distinguished roadMr. Violence is on a distinguished roadMr. Violence is on a distinguished road
@Iron

I don't have EFLC either.I was thinking of adding support for any new weapons to gta4(there's a tutorial no gtaforums that says how to add weapons and it includes epweapons.img and newdef.ide and neweaponinfo.xml to be added) not just ones that come actually with EFLC but any unofficial additional weapons(just like simple native trainer).I'll add a magnum for starter these days to my gta4 and see if it has any bugs(it shouldn't have).
Mr. Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010   #112
Ironhide
- Ambient Wars Creator

Right now AW uses the weapon enumerations provided by SHDN so that means it will only use those listed within the enumeration as it tests weapon chances during the arming phase pre deployment. That enum was updated at some point to include EFLC and BOGT but again it's a static structure.

There may be a single or set of native functions to pull back weapons in real time, which would allow a more dynamic approach and therefore allow using what-ever is actually on any particular machine at the time. There will be a number of issues with this though, including and most especially the fact it can bring back weapons that are entirely unsuitable, and it may also bring back weapons that are special in some way and not usable at all which would at a minimum cause glitches and at worst cause an abort or a CTD as soon as a Thug is given the object.

Right now the focus is trying to make stable the new crew system. Once that is finally accomplished though I can take a peak at-least at the natives to see what might be offered and do a little experimenting just to see what kind of troubles it might cause if try to go dynamic based.
Old 08-24-2010   #113
KombatWombat

KombatWombat is on a distinguished roadKombatWombat is on a distinguished road
I've been running the game fine now for about 3 hours total since last night, but I'm having a small problem. My weapon config is working except for thugs having uzi's often. I'm pretty sure the culprit is the realistic ballistics and something or other weapons mod I downloaded, which changes the uzi's size and such in the weapons.xml file. I made this mistake of forgetting to create a backup vanilla weapons.xml, so I would really appreciate it if someone with an unaltered version of this file (GTA4>Common>Data) would upload it for me so I can see exactly what that mod did to it.
KombatWombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010   #114
motorsport71

KombatWombat, here you go:
http://www.datafilehost.com/download-aef4ed89.html
Old 08-24-2010   #115
KombatWombat

Thanks for the upload motorsport. The weird thing is that I don't see any differences in the vanilla and modified files....lol. Hopefully I can get this figured out.
Old 08-24-2010   #116
motorsport71

i would rename the modded one "weapons.xml(MOD)" and copy the downloaded one into the file. let the game run the original one and see if it fixes your issue.
Old 08-24-2010   #117
KombatWombat

Thanks for the suggestion, but it didn't fix it.
Old 08-24-2010   #118
motorsport71

KombatWombat, what i did so i could enjoy AW correctly was take my original modded game and move it to a different folder other than Rockstar Games and renamed it GrandTheftAutoIVMODDED. then i went into program management and uninstalled GTA IV (Don't worry, your modded game is safe as long as it is moved and renamed.) Reinstall GTA IV, Update it to 1.0.7.0, then move in the Xliveless, Script Hook Dot Net, Scripthook, and make your scripts folder and start anew. When you have it all reinstalled, move the old file, GrandTheftAutoIVMODDED back into the Rockstar Games folder so have the two installations together. Run only the AW scripts in the new one and make sure your computer is okay with it. If it is running good, THEN maybe add one mod at a time. Always keep a backup of your original files. I leave them in the directory and add (OLD) to the end. If you want to run your old game, simply rename the one with ambient wars by adding (AW) to the end and then rename the other one back to it's orignal. Swap the names back and forth to change between the files. (I have, and don't laugh please, 5 copy's of GTA IV on my PC right now. 1 is a clean install I can copy and modify any time i want, 1 is only updated to 1.0.7.0 with AW on it, and the other 3 are modded differently in some way or another.)
Old 08-24-2010   #119
KombatWombat

Thanks for the suggestion, and that is honestly quite a good idea but I've been reinstalling this game so much I'm going to save that for when I've seriously screwed something up. This uzi problem is so minor I'll most likely figure it out eventually. In my desire to make weapons, vehicle handling, and population realistic through mods (supposedly realistic anyway) in addition to using a trainer at the same time as AW, plus being able to enable Zombie Apocalypse whenever I want, I don't even know the exact versions of everything I downloaded. My point is I'm reluctant at the moment to change anything after I recently upgraded my hardware to be able to run all these mods smoothly. I'll certainly keep it in mind though.
Old 08-25-2010   #120
motorsport71

Iron, last night i came up with a great idea for AW. Have a MassDestruction Tick included with Mayhem. All localized vehicles, thugs, and CarCrews could be destroyed along with peds and other vehicles. If a flash is available for the screen apply that, give a momentary slight drunkeness to Niko to simulate disoriantation, and make his ear's ring. If that was a behind the scenes option it would also, if need be, be a great chance to have SHDN do a background reset to refresh AW.