Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto Mods > Grand Theft Auto IV Mods
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2010   #91
Ironhide
- Ambient Wars Creator

Ironhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by KombatWombat View Post
That didn't fix it. It only took two minutes that time, ending with GC.Collect. Thanks for the suggestion though.
Remove all GPU and CPU overclocking and see.

I experienced that and it was because I had my system to close to the edge. I removed all OC across the system and it became stable then I bumped them to reasonable levels and it remained so.

What you are describing is the last command executed by AW. It complete its tick events and therefore complete all commands associated with it but died before it ticked again. That's not AW, or very likely not. Worth a shot.

Edited:

To be more specific, GTA-4 is one of the most system grinding games ever. Those types of games can certainly uncover hardware on the edge. Take that and add on even more stress with multiple AW work threads interacting with the core game through functions in large bursts in the span of milliseconds repeatedly. If the system is on the edge this will push it over. I had my i7-975EE 4@4 on the edge as well as my QSLI 2x295's. AW pushed it over that edge. But relaxing the OC a bit on all 4 GPU and the FSB made everything perfectly stable again. So what I suggested above is from direct personal experience and it's why it is in the troubleshooting file that has been in the AW 2010 package since v2.0.1.0 (initial release)

Since I'm back out of state again continuing my contract I'm on a slower (but nice) portable which is not on the edge in any way so I see zero of these issues. It's just slower overall but that's what settings are for

Last edited by Ironhide; 08-22-2010 at 06:54 PM..
Ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010   #92
Mr. Violence
Newbie Member

Mr. Violence is on a distinguished roadMr. Violence is on a distinguished roadMr. Violence is on a distinguished roadMr. Violence is on a distinguished road
@Iron

I wish you good luck on that.I have yet another suggestion.i hope i'm not getting on your nerves with this, just tryin to be as helpgul as possible.I think since aw supports elfc that it should have an option to include added(episodic) weapons in gta4 (just like simple native trainer does) and let them be used by thugs.
I really can't describe how much fun i'm having with this mod and how awsome it is.
Mr. Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010   #93
Ironhide
- Ambient Wars Creator

Ironhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enough
Tabbing over now and then out of my work VDI to check the boards.

@Mr. V

Hey, suggestions on how to make AW better are what I want. Considering the suggestion will also depend on the type of suggestion and whether it's applicable to the intent of AW.

Only truly stupid or pointless suggestions would annoy me and it wouldn't be by very much. Just a little

I don't have EFLC yet. I hadn't touched GTA4 since late '09 or whenever the original AW went dormant. And when I got back and saw a more stable SHDN I kicked into overdrive on the new project but never picked up the addons.

Even though I technically could do that in the blind, i.e. add episode detection and extra weapon support, I won't be able to personally test it until I have them also and this type of mod (thread injection) has so many possible failure points it could turn into a total nightmare trying to help debug problems totally blind without being able to run it myself.

But I intend on picking up EFLC because I friggin loved (with caveats) GTA 4 and finished it all the way to the end and continued messing around for quite awhile afterward, including the spawn of original AW. So I definitely want to see any additional official content available for it. I'll probably pick it up on the 1st and as soon as I do that and have a confirmed working base edition of EFLC I'll immediately add testing of AW with it and new weapons at-minimum. And if I see other things from it that would also be cool support for those will also appear.
Old 08-23-2010   #94
knightofni
Newbie Member

knightofni is an unknown quantity at this point
Did the 'thugs hate player and cops' attempt ever work? I'm guessing it didn't.
knightofni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010   #95
Ironhide
- Ambient Wars Creator

Worked like a champ I added a CopKillers property to the Police class and when that's true they all focus their efforts on blasting any cop they see straight to hell.

I just haven't released the next build yet. And I'm considering making this particular option a little more flexible with something like RageMode=0 normal, RageMode=1 Cop Killers, RageMode=2 Cops and blah blah etc. We'll see when I am done with RL work today what comes of it.
Old 08-23-2010   #96
KombatWombat

KombatWombat is on a distinguished roadKombatWombat is on a distinguished road
I don't have anything overclocked, and I run the game normally so that I use around 440 MB out of 480 MB GPU memory. (I think that's the GPU memory) I thought those settings would be fine since the 440/480-something in the graphics tab is still in the green zone. AW was fine before I got the custom weapon chances to work, right after that it started crashing on both the current build and the previous.
KombatWombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010   #97
Ironhide
- Ambient Wars Creator

@Kombat

Ok then something truly screwy is going on, because as I said the GC collects are the final operations it performs in the Maintain of each of the cores (except Player Assist).

Turn on UseFileLog for all cores and then disable them all using the automation menu except Car Crews, then Street Thugs, then Mayhem and see which one(s) crash and which don't.

Also disable the Player Assist as well for consistency since there has been trouble in there in the past but haven't seen any problems with that for a very long time.

Then zip all the log files, upload somewhere and post me a link so I can snatch them and have a look.
Old 08-23-2010   #98
KombatWombat

I did as you said and it crashed all three times. But god the time I do get to play it is awesome.

StreetThugsLog:
http://www.datafilehost.com/download-aee6ad3f.html

MayhemLog:
http://www.datafilehost.com/download-d4c41aac.html

CarCrewsLog:
http://www.datafilehost.com/download-5f217cc0.html
Old 08-23-2010   #99
Ironhide
- Ambient Wars Creator

Hmm there's not a single error in any of that and they all finished their ticks, although I'm glad I had you do that because even thuogh it's being handled internally I need to edit the mayhem acceptable cars loader code because it's counting the headers as cars in the total count. Those headers are not actually used in the code (except the spawner) but it is counting them in the totals so that's a bug no matter how small.

As far as it crashing with al of them turned off??? That is literally impossible to be caused by AW. Did you have Player Assist turned off as well while you tried with each of these on 1 at a time?

Does it crash if you have Player Assist, Car Crews, Mayhem and Street Thugs all set to Enabled = False?

What other ASI are you loading?
What else do yuo have in the scripts folder?
Do you have modified game files?
Were you trying missions?
Did this happen in any particular part of the city?
Is this base GTA 4, EFLC, BOGT?
Do you see any errors in the ScriptHook.log or SHDN.log?
Which ASI loader are you using?
If you are using XLiveLess put the debug kernel in there so you get a log from that too.
Old 08-23-2010   #100
KombatWombat

Good news. The problem was apparently the weapon.xml file that I altered earlier. I thought it was what fixed the weapon chance system but it really just crashed the game. I went back to the backup weapon.xml file and have been running all cores with the config. I want while using my trainer at will. If I start crashing again for whatever reason I'll edit this post. P.S.: The mod is EFFIN AWESOME!
Old 08-23-2010   #101
motorsport71
Teach Me Wise Ones, Leave Me Alone Stupid Ones

motorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enough
Iron, did you get a chance to look into the CarCrews still being dragged under vehicles after a period of time? I saw it again in 2.0.1.5, i posted it last page.

UPDATE:
shit, i just got into my mail and found your message. I didn't get a warning pop up, i must have had two or something and missed it somehow. It wasn't opened. It was one you sent at 1:33 pm yesterday, i wasn't home and didn't get back until after 7:00p.m. and didn't touch the computer except look at a couple posts. I'm checking it now.

Last edited by motorsport71; 08-23-2010 at 05:24 PM..
motorsport71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010   #102
Ironhide
- Ambient Wars Creator

@Kombat

Ok excellent and great to hear thanks! Based on the number of downloads and the slowly climbing rating it appears there are still some GTA 4 folks around and they're liking the new AW. I'm glad I decided to ipck up the gauntlet again it's a fun project, especially when it mostly-works

@Motor

I'm aware of the issue and as soon as I know the cause of it, and a way to fix it, it will be fixed.

If you still get that task related crash turn off UseTaskSequences in the Debug class and see. If it still happens or you see any other crash, make sure you are using a pure GTA 4 with absolutely nothing else at all edited, added, trainers, other ASI, nothing but pure GTA 4 and AW and see if there is any increase in stability.
Old 08-23-2010   #103
motorsport71

motorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enough
Iron, no crash... worse. Your dragging CarCrews came in fast and one spawned as a statue standing in a rear seat after only 8 minutes. The car flipped over before this picture and there was a CarCrew member attached to the undercarriage. My finger wasn't quick enought to catch that screenshot.
http://i844.photobucket.com/albums/a...0IV/GTAaw4.jpg

Edit: Anytime i am having trouble or debugging, etc, i use my clean install with 1.0.7.0 with no mods to test for proper stability without other application interuption.

Last edited by motorsport71; 08-23-2010 at 05:54 PM..
Old 08-23-2010   #104
Ironhide
- Ambient Wars Creator

A dragged crew member is FAR less worse than a crash by any definition, so not sure where that statement comes from.

Ok great that's what I wanted to hear and what I thought already, but had to reclarify as I'm seeing issues reported that are related to other things and not because of AW.

As soon as I finish testing the new RageMode settings (total war, cop killers, brothers in blood) I'll see what I can figure out about those stupid draggers.
Old 08-23-2010   #105
motorsport71

I consider the STATUE the worse part of it all, but the draggers coming in earlier sucks too.

EDIT: I guess crash isn't a correct term anyway, the problem was the script error for car crews popping up.

EDIT: This was only in the version you sent me for testing BTW, not 2.0.1.5

Last edited by motorsport71; 08-23-2010 at 08:01 PM..