Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto Mods > Grand Theft Auto IV Mods
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2010   #61
Mr. Violence
Newbie Member

Mr. Violence is on a distinguished roadMr. Violence is on a distinguished roadMr. Violence is on a distinguished roadMr. Violence is on a distinguished road
@Ironhide

I have no doubt that you'll manage to make a police core somehow.I'm sure you will because you were capable of making this awsome, true gta mod(which is the best mod for gta i've ever seen btw).
How about you make the AW spawn randomly noose/fib and othe police vehicles and let them behave like usual.if a noose car is spawned with 2 cops in it, and a thug starts shootin around, they'll probably try to hunt him down.How about that?
Mr. Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010   #62
motorsport71
Teach Me Wise Ones, Leave Me Alone Stupid Ones

motorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enough
if you want me to give her a run you know i'm in. just say the word.
motorsport71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010   #63
Ironhide
- Ambient Wars Creator

Ironhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enough
@Mr. V

Appreciate that I'm just trying to implement what I invision. And frankly what I invision is HARD which makes it that much more interesting because it is a serious, serious challenge to do what I'm doing. I'm sure there are plenty, and this is just fine with me, of folks that have absolutely no clue what's really involved in making AW be what it is and how extremely complex it is to do what it does. They don't know, and don't care. They just want it to work so they can kill shit and watch the city turn to ash with wars and havok all over the place that rages with or without them doing a thing except smile watching the carnage

There are a lot of issues with creating a truly affective Police core and I won't go into minutia here, but there's a reason when the Player gets a big wanted levels that traffic disappears. They make it seem like it's because the city goes on lock down. But in reality I believe the deeper reason is the traffic itself. If the traffic stayed like it is, then we'd always get away so easily, because the cops would CONSTANTLY be smashing into other cars and stopping, turning around and getting lost. Just like you see the normal LCPD do on a constant basis. So as the wanted level ramps up, the traffic ramps down. Now this is just a hunch but it makes a huge amount of sense to me which is why I think it.

So as far as just randomly spawning cops, it's the same problem. I could easily do that, but they will have the same problem. They'll just get tied up in traffic and turn into circling retards just like LCPD. And the other and more important issue is I have to create a full tracking and recycle system for them, because if I don't do that and I just create and destrpy them over time it will cause statues, just like the original Car Crews did. But if I can get what I'm currently working on to work, and be able to run it for a long period of time to see if the statues issue does or doesn't appear, then it would be the 1st step in proving I can create a fully operational robust non statue creating recycle system that would certainly be able to be applied to a Police core and all kinds of other shit. I just don't know yet and won't until I get it done and working so I can analyze it over a long period, at-least an hour and then at-least 4 hours etc etc.

@Motor

As soon as I actually have it in place like I've said I'll shoot a link so you can help hammer the shit out of it before it goes live to see if anything uncovers that I don't see. Not there yet. But you'll know when it is

Updated:

Motor check messages. I'll have a build for you in a few minutes.

Updated:

Ok Motor check it and let me know. I also need to come up with a good place to be their HQ so to speak. The top of that building is not going to work well

Last edited by Ironhide; 08-21-2010 at 08:29 PM..
Ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010   #64
motorsport71

motorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enough
okay, here's what i got:
When i first toggled AW on it popped up SHDN with an EXCEPTION error in CarCrews. I toggled it off and on again same problem. CarCrews, Thugs, and Mayhem were all working but the CarCrews only had and were only spawning the driver.
For the hell of it i reloaded the scripts and everything kicked on fine. I was actually reloading it so i could take a screen shot of the error so i could type it to you. All hell broke loose and the CarCrews WERE KICKING ASS! I love their behavior!

It ran for 28 minutes before this error came up:

2010-08-21 21:44:44 - STARTING SCRIPTS...
2010-08-21 21:44:44 - ...successfully started script 'AmbientWars2010.TogSync'!
2010-08-21 21:44:44 - ...successfully started script 'AmbientWars2010.AmbientWarsStreetThugs'!
2010-08-21 21:44:44 - ...successfully started script 'AmbientWars2010.AmbientWarsPlayer'!
2010-08-21 21:44:44 - ...successfully started script 'AmbientWars2010.AmbientWarsMayhem'!
2010-08-21 21:44:44 - ...successfully started script 'AmbientWars2010.AmbientWarsCommon'!
2010-08-21 21:44:44 - ...successfully started script 'AmbientWars2010.AmbientWarsCarSelector'!
2010-08-21 21:44:44 - ...successfully started script 'AmbientWars2010.AmbientWarsCarCrews'!
2010-08-21 22:12:04 - Error during Tick in script 'AmbientWars2010.AmbientWarsCarCrews':
System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
at NativeInvoke.Invoke<int,int>(SByte* name, Int32 p1)
at Scripting.?A0x8cd79ba1.ClearCharTasks(Int32 )
at GTA.TaskSequence.Perform(Ped TargetPed)
at AmbientWars2010.AmbientWarsCarCrews.CreateHavok()
at AmbientWars2010.AmbientWarsCarCrews.HavokTick()
at AmbientWars2010.AmbientWarsCarCrews._HavokTick(Obj ect sender, EventArgs e)
at GTA.Script.TryTick()
at GTA.Script.DoTick()
at GTA.ScriptThread.OnTick()

I noticed these few things: A couple of "cloned vehicles?" On two to three occasions i came across different vehicle models, the same color, side by side filled with car crews.
The "Ant hill affect" I am not 100% sure but on one of the car crews demise i'm pretty sure 5 thugs died meaning a 5th spawned while everyone was jumping out. I had another car on fire with the leader burning and three Crew Members spawned and jumped out as it blew up. HILARIOUS.
The aggressiveness and overall filling of the vehicles was amazing.

***UPDATE*** Reread the top if you read before this update, there was no passenger. Only the driver spawned. My bad.
Old 08-21-2010   #65
Ironhide
- Ambient Wars Creator

Ironhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enough
Yeah there's an initial error I have to track down but it's not a SHDN error it's an error in the loading sequence that can happen once at the start, however it is trapped by code and because it's not a SHDN script abort the game isn't dorked at that point you can simply press F9 to restart it.

I will check the TS section that looks like a leader may have went out of scope while it was being assigned the task which is very strange.

Yes I spent about 40 minutes tweaking them to make them god damn RAGE on absolutely everything in the city, while still keeping the MaxChanceHatesPlayer valid. The end result is they shoot the ever loving crap out of everything which is exactly what I wanted. Uber chaos and nothing is safe.

Check messages.

Updated:

Ok check for latest build. Should eliminate or make that issue very rare now. The initial load error is not addressed just remember if you see the word [ EXCEPTION ] that is something AW caught and is not a script abort so things are not dorked you can just F9 again from there.

Last edited by Ironhide; 08-21-2010 at 10:00 PM..
Old 08-21-2010   #66
KombatWombat

KombatWombat is on a distinguished roadKombatWombat is on a distinguished road
Okay Ironhide I have a real simple question for you. I wanted to tweak the settings so that thugs could only spawn with the bat, knife, glock, or shotgun, and I tried to do this by setting the WeaponMaxChance for all the other weapons to 0. When I started playing all my other tweaks were apparent, except for the weapons that I want them to spawn with. How do I fix this?
KombatWombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010   #67
Ironhide
- Ambient Wars Creator

No go the other way. The logic throughout the entire system is a 1 in # chance. So in all cases where it's a MaxChance property, the higher it is, the less likely it is.

MaxChanceThose=1 is a 1 in 1 (100%) chance
MaxChanceThis=5 is a 1 in 5 chance.
MaxChanceThat=1000 is a 1 in 1000 chance etc

And btw not even sure what would happen when it encounters a 0 since it is using a randomizer object. But anyway don't go less than 1 on anything.
Old 08-21-2010   #68
KombatWombat

Facepalm. Why I didn't figure that out is beyond me. Thanks for the help. BTW I'm loving the mod, you've done a fantastic job so far.
Old 08-21-2010   #69
motorsport71

okay, some wierd shit started happening after 1/2 hour. I mean weird. It happened after i came across a small patch of Ped statues which i never saw again. No crashes or errors. But you have to look at this photo:
http://s844.photobucket.com/albums/a...t%20Auto%20IV/
Look at the one of the car crew under the suv. Yes i said under. The Crews began to spawn under the vehicles and were being dragged along still shooting! When a door would open they would slide out from under the car and shoot like they were a corpse. It was f$^%ing bizarre.

I got the very last build and fired it up. The error popped up in SHDN again, here is exactly what it says:
[ EXCEPTION ] [ CarCrews.ReservesEngine.Startup() ] Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Last edited by motorsport71; 08-21-2010 at 10:55 PM.. Reason: auto-merged double post
Old 08-21-2010   #70
Ironhide
- Ambient Wars Creator

@Kombat

Thanks I'm currently working on yet another totally new car crews implementation and if I can nail this one down it will be the best car crews by far with a lot of blazing windows and far fewer solo leaders.

@Motor

Not sure I see statues anywhere but I think I do see thugs being dragged under a vehicle. That's a spawn / warp issue i'll see if I can do anything about it.
Old 08-21-2010   #71
motorsport71

About the statues, like i said it was a small group of standard peds. a total of three and maybe a fourth. The reason i saw them was a thug kept throwing molotovs on them and they had the arms slightly up at their sides. I tried to run over one and confirmed statue statues. But it was only on those three or four peds. In the other builds i've run across an occaisonal one, but even after long stability tests we haven't seen any masses in a long time (thank god and knock on wood)
Old 08-21-2010   #72
KombatWombat

The weapons I don't want still won't go away. Is it possible to set the values to high? I set the ones I didn't want to 50,000 but they still show up regularly. Also, in the Config program to save your settings all you do is hit save correct? And hit load to start from scratch?
Old 08-21-2010   #73
Ironhide
- Ambient Wars Creator

Still a slow leak somewhere got to eventually find then. At-least it's so much friggin better than it was. The thing is finally becoming fun

Also the next will have 22 available in the pool instead of 16 for more blazing windows, and this batch is... I'll just say radioactive

As soon as I finish next round of testing to see if I got the thug-drag situation fixed I'll shoot you a note.

Updated:

Check messages. And I definitely hope I can make the new crew system work in the long run because there is nothing like seeing the back doors of a box van pop open and thugs in the back start blasting.

Last edited by Ironhide; 08-21-2010 at 11:33 PM..
Old 08-22-2010   #74
motorsport71

@Iron: okay, got an error at twelve minutes but the crew members were in the seats correctly ...

010-08-22 01:34:47 - ...successfully started script 'AmbientWars2010.AmbientWarsCarSelector'!
2010-08-22 01:34:47 - ...successfully started script 'AmbientWars2010.AmbientWarsCarCrews'!
2010-08-22 01:46:39 - Error during Tick in script 'AmbientWars2010.AmbientWarsCarCrews':
System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
at NativeInvoke.Invoke<int,int>(SByte* name, Int32 p1)
at Scripting.?A0x8cd79ba1.ClearCharTasks(Int32 )
at GTA.TaskSequence.Perform(Ped TargetPed)
at AmbientWars2010.AmbientWarsCarCrews.CreateHavok()
at AmbientWars2010.AmbientWarsCarCrews.HavokTick()
at AmbientWars2010.AmbientWarsCarCrews._HavokTick(Obj ect sender, EventArgs e)
at GTA.Script.TryTick()
at GTA.Script.DoTick()
at GTA.ScriptThread.OnTick()

Cars had passengers but weren't stuffed full, don't know if the config was set for it?

UPDATE: @Iron, I don't think the weapon config is working. Way back i seem to recall trying it and not getting any result. The config file even says "Weapon code related to weapon chance selection still needs to be reviewed as it is the oldest piece of code from the 2009 project, however it should be partially or fully operational." I think i tried to set a city of rocket launchers and had no luck. I might try again later.
***Just tried, turned all weapons to 2000 except for rocket launcher, turned it to 1. no change in thug weaponry***

@KombatWombat
Try for the sake of argument turning the rocket launcher to 1 and all the others to 2000. The launcher's preset is 2000 so you should get as few as possilbe normally. If the city becomes littered with them it's working, if it doesn't it's not and let Iron know.
***Also, if you make the change while the game is running you need to turn off AW, hit the ~ tilde above the tab key and in the console type in reloadscripts. then turn ambient wars back on.

Last edited by motorsport71; 08-22-2010 at 01:16 AM..
Old 08-22-2010   #75
Ironhide
- Ambient Wars Creator

The weapons code hasn't been touched at all, as noted in the editor. Althuogh I did just add a new NothingButFists and NothingButMelee properties which override all other weapons so the city winds up either in a boxing match or beating the snot out of each other with bats and pool Q's while someone else might be stabbing them in the neck repeatedly.