Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto Mods > Grand Theft Auto IV Mods
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2011   #211
KombatWombat

KombatWombat is on a distinguished roadKombatWombat is on a distinguished road
After taking a break from GTA for a while, I started playing again and of course your mod is mandatory. So, now I get crashes every minute or so after I turn on the WarCores, which says there was an error in the StreetThugs script. In the StreetThugs log the last two lines are always:

11:11:22:261| AWC.IsSpecial(Ped) A Ped was cleared of AW_IsSpecial.
11:11:22:375| AWC.IsSpecial(Ped) A Ped was cleared of AW_IsSpecial.

I have a mod that changes the population sizes and such, could there be a conflict with that somehow?

Edit: Nevermind, I fixed it. I had to redownload the newest patch for some reason.

Last edited by KombatWombat; 04-03-2011 at 02:33 PM..
KombatWombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011   #212
J.Paranoid
Newbie Member

J.Paranoid is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Something's wrong

Hey man I've put all those required files into my gta 4 directory/root. When I was in the game world, I pressed the "~" key and console/panel thing appeared as said, then I closed it and tried the AW hotkeys but none of them worked. Plz help!!! Cuz LC's one big boring city ><
J.Paranoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011   #213
desertfox11194
Newbie Member

desertfox11194 is an unknown quantity at this point
Ironhide, motorsport, anyone? Is this mod still alive? I saw Iron post that he'd be away for work for some time, but that was his last post and it was many many months ago. I'm just looking for any sign hes still around because this mod is amazing and definitely deserves to be continually updated.

@Paranoid you need to put those files in a folder you make called "scripts" inside the GTAIV directory.
desertfox11194 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011   #214
motorsport71
Teach Me Wise Ones, Leave Me Alone Stupid Ones

motorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enough
It's been a LONG time since i've heard from Iron, i don't know what the current real life status is for him. I've been learning to mod myself and started Left 4 Liberty, and this update i'm working on is sick.
motorsport71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011   #215
Ironhide
- Ambient Wars Creator

Ironhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enough
Boo!

Been working a ton + shitload of other unrelated stuff. No time to continue this anymore + wore it out / lost interest. Haven't had a drive with GTA-IV installed for quite awhile.

If/When PC GTA-V shoiws up, with any decent modding potential, I imagine getting sucked into something like this again since it would be totally fresh, and hopefully a LOT more natively supported by the engine without the tonnage of hacks and injections required to do it the way we have to in GTA-IV.

I disappear. Come and go. Have created utilities and game stuff under various alias for many years, very many of which wound up being hugely used/liked so that is always cool. Never about a long-term never ending thing. I get bored way to fast for that to be possible.

I appreciate the interest this mod generated and it was serious fun (and also mind numbingly frustrating at times) making it and using it. Having the city rip itself apart giving less notice of me and focused on their own sick / suicical agenda was the original intent and driving force behind me doing it. It worked pretty well considering what and how it had to be done.

Motor, was cool chatting with you and thanks for all the extra testing. You played an essential role. Excellent to hear you're able to bring some focus and throw down code. Hope the machine is working well and have a blast with what-ever you're working on.

Till next time,
- Iron
Ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011   #216
ttcfcl
Newbie Member

ttcfcl is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi, the mouse doesn't work when I bring up the car selector. The click does, so that means I can only spawn the one car that the mouse courser is over by default. Wut do?
ttcfcl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011   #217
Onisara

Onisara is an unknown quantity at this point
hi Ironhide

how do I activate ambient wars

please reply

from Onisara
Onisara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011   #218
Ironhide
- Ambient Wars Creator

Ironhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enough
Can't quote messages for response. It unstoppably loads YOUTUBE instead. This is bizzare and appears to be a pathetic and extremely annoying act by the new owners to force tying accounts across systems so they can know who is who for data mining and other purposes.

They can go F!@$ themselves as far as I'm concerned.

Support for this MOD ended awhile back as I've moved on. I only checked in recently to see what's what. Due to my work-load I will be vanishing for long period again.

@ttcfcl: No clue. AW doesn't control nor affect your ability to use the mouse or anything else related to hardware. Your issue sounds very odd.

@Onisara: Requirements, installation and all other aspects are documented in files that come with the package, for example a requirements file. Please review them and see if things become more clear. It's been too long for me to remember all the details off-hand but they are documented with the package.

Regards,
Iron

GTA-IV Mod Link: Ambient Wars Revival 2010
Old 08-15-2011   #219
Joepk
Newbie Member

Joepk is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjaak327 View Post
I did find one problem, I am not sure if it is related to either AW or the .net scripthook, but if either runs, and I alt-tab out of the game, I have to kill the process, as I can never get back into the game.
Hey guys,

Does this work for TBOGT? I tried installing it but I got stuck at step 4
If I start EFLC.exe I get this error: "the ordinal point 5365 is not found in dynamic libary xlive.dll"

Did it miss something? or what?

Last edited by ZCAB; 08-17-2011 at 02:32 AM..
Joepk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011   #220
Joepk
Newbie Member

Joepk is an unknown quantity at this point
Nvm.. Got it fixed here, just had a armageddon session of 2 hours!!! OH BOY WHAT A FUN THAT WAS

While I was playing another question popped to mind. Is there a way to increase the agressiveness of all the drivers? I would like them to really hit the throttle and drive like real panicked people so that crossing the road would be similiar like the game frogger This definitely would make the mod more intens and realistic!

I recommend a option to set the drivers behaviour
Joepk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011   #221
rotzz
Newbie Member

rotzz is an unknown quantity at this point
I run this great looking thing today for the first time.
I pressed F9 then F10, things started up, but about 10 seconds later it crashed, because of an error in the StreetThugs script. So I disabled the StreetThugs in AW.Config.2010.exe and - things worked fine.
But only for about 10 minutes. Then game crashed because of the CarCrews.

I've got 1.0.4.0 with XLiveLess 0.999b7, .Net Script Hook v1.7.1.7 BETA (which is working - I'm able to open the console) and the Script Hook 0.5.1 by Aru.

What's wrong?
rotzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011   #222
Ironhide
- Ambient Wars Creator

1.0.4.0 is not supported. Only the latest official version of the game is supported. This is documented in the instructions that come with the package.

Old 09-02-2011   #223
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
By the way.

The reason why Youtube keeps loading on a certain page is because DragoN_POR incorrectly used the YouTube video syntax.

This is no data mining attempt. They do that regardless, considering you send referrer information on every single request.

http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/show...&postcount=210

Link that to a Admin, and you can request it removed/fixed if you still care.
Old 09-05-2011   #224
Ironhide
- Ambient Wars Creator

Ahh good to know. Seemed perfectly inline with the consolidation changes of late but in this case 2 + 2 = Wrong. Thanks for the heads up.

Old 10-12-2011   #225
motorsport71
Teach Me Wise Ones, Leave Me Alone Stupid Ones

motorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enough
@Iron
Wow man, sorry i missed your posts. If you check this again, and i hope you do, i'd like to thank you letting me be help you with this. It's funny, in january of 2011 i downloaded v.b., knowing absolutely nothing, and now i have a Zombie mod with almost 10k hits! Anyway, thanks for your time and i learned a lot. Hope to see around again sometime.
motorsport71 is offline   Reply With Quote