Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto Mods > Grand Theft Auto IV Mods
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2010   #151
Ironhide
- Ambient Wars Creator

Ironhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enough
The tooltip was updated to reflect the changed numbers.

Updated:

Discovered an oops related to car crews. v.8 is out. Crews should be full again.

Updated:

Realized I left a debugger call on a test code block in the load button in the editor oops. .8b removes it.

Updated:

I'm working on an in-game configuration editor.

Last edited by Ironhide; 09-12-2010 at 02:08 PM..
Ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010   #152
motorsport71
Teach Me Wise Ones, Leave Me Alone Stupid Ones

motorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enough
AWESOME
motorsport71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010   #153
Ironhide
- Ambient Wars Creator

Ironhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enough
Edited the glass a bit more, created another in game specific sort and anumber of other things. There is still no validation however I just used the editor to change various settings and they took effect like a champ.

It will NOT in any way be bug free immediately but it is working so I'm going to finish it to a point where I can release it and then do so.

The key to bring it up in game will be ALT+E

Updated:

Ok the new version is posted.

Give it a go and let me know.

Last edited by Ironhide; 09-11-2010 at 06:07 PM..
Old 09-11-2010   #154
motorsport71

motorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enough
The ingame editor is Fantastic. All changes while ingame that i made worked. The Reerve Corpe is going well is see Since you turned the Car Crews back to full seat capacity in 2.0.1.8, they are absolutely virulent!
BTW, i played for quite a while and i think the Car Crew blips are still "giving up" after a while. F10 restart seems to solve that problem efficiently.
Old 09-11-2010   #155
RedrumSalad
Newbie Member

RedrumSalad is an unknown quantity at this point
this won't work with simple native trainer, but i want god mode...what should i do? i press F9 and nothing happens, i try pressing the ~ key but it spawns a taxi :/
RedrumSalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010   #156
motorsport71

hang on redrum:
~ in the simple native trainer 6.0 / 6.1 is to spawn a taxi, like alt-c spawns an infernus. For ScriptHookDotNet ~ brings up the console, and in AW alt-c brings up a car spawner menu. I have run both mods simultaneously, and your computer is not set up for AW to run, not AW's fault.
Read the README in the downloaded AW file and in the Download page. Follow those directions exactly. When you are done installing all updates as it says, you still use your trainer asi and trainer config files but use the scripthook file that comes with scripthookdotnet. you will then need to go into your trainer's config file and change / remove whatever you don't want to use that overlaps with AW as far as keybindings.

Last edited by motorsport71; 09-11-2010 at 08:49 PM..
Old 09-11-2010   #157
Ironhide
- Ambient Wars Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedrumSalad View Post
this won't work with simple native trainer, but i want god mode...what should i do? i press F9 and nothing happens, i try pressing the ~ key but it spawns a taxi :/
I haven't used native trainer but if you can configure its keys just change any that it has which conflict with AW, or change the keys for AW using the config editor in the scripts folder.

I would be stunned to know any utility or script maps anything to the tilde key that is known world-wide as the standard Console key in gaming frankly. It's as comon for that as pressing F1 in a windows app to get help as far as I'm concerned.

At any rate if it does map to that key you should absolutely change it to something else immediately. The tilde key is essential to get to the SHDN console.

@Motor

lol... so simple native trainer DOES map a key to the tilde key wow... w.. t.. f..

Last edited by Ironhide; 09-11-2010 at 08:54 PM..
Old 09-11-2010   #158
motorsport71

Iron, i know that trainer extensively. The reason i use it is because i can use it to make my own car crew. You can set up for multiple body guards that will enter a vehicle with you and shoot at cops / your thugs as niko drives, or you can sit as a passenger and shoot while a spawned bodyguard drives. It has dozens of key bindings. I've used it for a long time, before and after the original AW.

EDIT:
Iron, I've got another wish list item. I think this one should go way in front of the random Doomsday Tick, and possibly jump line in front of many other people who after seeing this probably wouldn't mind!
Niko's own Car Crew.

Last edited by motorsport71; 09-11-2010 at 09:01 PM..
Old 09-11-2010   #159
Ironhide
- Ambient Wars Creator

Yeah I already had intended to be able to press a key and be able to sort of "whistle" and whatever closest ped there is will get turned into a thug and grouped with the player I just hadn't gotten to it yet.

Edited:

That was slightly harsh. Rewritten to just say anything that maps a key to the console key which has nothing to do with the console shouldn't be done by anything because it affects other well established tools or scripts that depend on the common console key only being used for its intended purpose.

I have added a War Presets list and am now looking into adding some automation lists for bulk settings.

Updated:

Updated the image and moved it to this post.

Last edited by Ironhide; 09-13-2010 at 11:59 PM..
Old 09-12-2010   #160
motorsport71

Looks great
Old 09-12-2010   #161
Ironhide
- Ambient Wars Creator

Latest is posted v2.0.2.1.

War presets and automation lists in place.

Updated:

I'm going to go ahead and look at adding the ability to recuit peds finally now that the editor is working and has enough in it.

Last edited by Ironhide; 09-12-2010 at 05:35 PM..
Old 09-12-2010   #162
motorsport71

That's awesome
Old 09-13-2010   #163
sjaak327

sjaak327 is on a distinguished roadsjaak327 is on a distinguished roadsjaak327 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhide View Post
I haven't used native trainer but if you can configure its keys just change any that it has which conflict with AW, or change the keys for AW using the config editor in the scripts folder.

I would be stunned to know any utility or script maps anything to the tilde key that is known world-wide as the standard Console key in gaming frankly. It's as comon for that as pressing F1 in a windows app to get help as far as I'm concerned.

At any rate if it does map to that key you should absolutely change it to something else immediately. The tilde key is essential to get to the SHDN console.

@Motor

lol... so simple native trainer DOES map a key to the tilde key wow... w.. t.. f..
Yeah sue me

Simple trainer has so many keybindings because users requested keybinds for many things, I do indeed map to ~, but of course it's a one minute job to actually change the keybinding in the ini. And I guess people who use both the .net hook and this trainer have found a way of doing this.

And since the .net hook has had a long history of not being even compatible with the lastest pactch (unlike Aru's hook), it wasn't really a problem in any case.
sjaak327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010   #164
Ironhide
- Ambient Wars Creator

@sjaak327

Yeah I figured that (amount of keys) was the issue after I posted which is why I actually updated my last to be more generic but still drive the point home.

The point remains regardless of the hook or any actual game as a general principle but I think you know that and simply said "ahh screw it. I need another key!"

Unless you already used S+/A+/C+/ ~ It might be a good idea to go ahead and change that key (throw a control on it or something) so it's automatically compatible with shdn.

We both know people are easily confused and usually don't bother reading anything, like configuration files or running editors first. Instead they just have a brain aneurysm and do everything except just RTFM 1st but I digress.

Was just testing the new in game editor and I changed resolutions. And the shdn controls appear to wig out and dork input offsets making it impossible to use afterward. Going to reload the game and (hoping) it's an internal issue that doesn't accouint for a res change but works properly at different res after the game and therefore shdn is completely reinit. We'll see.

Updated:

Yep there is either a bug in shdn regarding resolution changes in game or something else is going on. If the game res is changed the game needs to be reloaded so shdn reinitializes its forms system.

Updated:

I'm now working on making it possible to remap all hotkeys from inside the game using the in-game editor. This will make it far easier and fast to remap keys on the fly for anything as needed.

Last edited by Ironhide; 09-14-2010 at 01:36 PM..
Old 09-14-2010   #165
motorsport71

Recruits absolutely nailed it. Fantastic. Couple of funny things some recruits do, outside the safehouse in Bohan the crazy always yelling got recruited. He just stood their with a gun waiving it around as he preached. hysterical.
It grabbed two cops for me which was great. I stole a cop car and at a stop they just kept getting in and out while i was in the car.