Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Off Topic & Unrelated > Off Topic & Unrelated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1
J.Orlando

J.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura about
Star Wars? Jurassic Park? What do YOU think...?

First, I am NOT yelling at anyone on this forum. I AM yelling at people who (most likely) wouldn't even know that this forum exists. Onward...

I was on YT for a bit today. I've seen the new Jurassic World trailer, and the new Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer. I must say that I'm stoked for both of these movies. It's been a long time since I got truly excited about a film, and these look incredible to me.

But what bothers me is the incredibly stupid banter on some of the comment pages associated with these videos. Back in the late 70s and early 80s (when I was coming-of-age and starting to go to all kinds of great box-office films) we didn't have the Internet. (We did, but most of us couldn't USE it -- so, if people were using DEC mail or whatever back then, nobody would have been so incredibly inane.)

Why wouldn't anyone have been so inane? You may ask...

BECAUSE THE PEOPLE WHO USED THAT E-MAIL SYSTEM WERE LARGELY IN THEIR 20s, 30s, and 40s -- and all had at LEAST high-school diplomas, if not doctorate, masters, or bachelor's degrees!!!

Today, every idiot on the planet gets to have one's say -- whether it's warranted, defensible, or even sensible. I don't post (most of the time at ALL) and I definitely don't post to Comment threads. ESPECIALLY on YouTube.

But, for the sake of having MY say, I'll print the following comments:

1. Everyone who is complaining about seeing a black guy in a StormTrooper suit needs to stop breeding -- or breathing -- or both. (And understand -- that is JOHN BOYEGA -- who has TOP BILLING in the movie. Go back and watch the first Star Wars film from 1976 -- and you'll see another top-billed actor in a StormTrooper suit... jeez -- I mean, are people THAT @#$%! RACIST?!)

2. Everyone who is complaining about the cool-assed-looking light saber with the saber hilt guard thing needs to shut up and stop complaining about ANYTHING EVER.

3. It's a MOVIE. It's supposed to take you to a galaxy far, far away... so relax and ENJOY it.

4. According to what I have read (as told by J. J. Abrams) the production team is using WAY-less CGI than has been used in other movies over the last twenty years. That should shut up the "CGI SUCKS!" crowd, but it hasn't. Yet.

I swear -- some of the Star Wars FANS are even WORSE than their Trekker compatriots. Who CARES about Sith and Clone and Darth this or that or whatever?

Thanks, guys. I repeat -- I'm not yelling at anyone on this forum. I expect that about 99.999 percent of you will agree with the points I'm making here. And if not, then that's okay too. I got to open up my steam valve, and I thank you profoundly for that chance.

- J

Last edited by J.Orlando; 2 Weeks Ago at 05:56 PM.. Reason: Felt like changing a word.
J.Orlando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #2
Legham
a.k.a, Fosters Breath

Legham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, but did you SEE the new light sabre? Stupid right?
Legham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #3
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels
Loyal Member

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
i think the lightsaber symbolises religion and faith and that stuff is not welcome in star wars bring back jar jar
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #4
Japisee
Veteran Member

Japisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond repute
i think people should stop watching trailers because they're chock-full of spoilers and they cater to the NOW NOW NOW mentality that runs rampant nowadays
Japisee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #5
Pablo Escobar Jr.
Veteran Member

Pablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond repute
aside from the saber being totally impractical (how easy would it be to cut off your own wrist) i agree with you, sure... but my advice would be to not read comments on youtube (and many other websites) ever.

Hot Buttered Soul
Pablo Escobar Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #6
Roxstein
╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻

Roxstein has a brilliant futureRoxstein has a brilliant futureRoxstein has a brilliant futureRoxstein has a brilliant futureRoxstein has a brilliant futureRoxstein has a brilliant futureRoxstein has a brilliant futureRoxstein has a brilliant futureRoxstein has a brilliant futureRoxstein has a brilliant futureRoxstein has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japisee View Post
i think people should stop watching trailers because they're chock-full of spoilers and they cater to the NOW NOW NOW mentality that runs rampant nowadays
wow you actually said words :o

also i disagree with the lightsaber being impractical. jedis and sith have extraordinary situational awareness (they can deflect blaster bolts shot at them from multiple positions...) so i'm guessing that two extra blades wouldn't pose much of an issue for persons who can already manipulate an extremely deadly single blade without cutting themselves.

also, there's not much inherently new about the saber design.

Last edited by Roxstein; 2 Weeks Ago at 12:12 PM..
Roxstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #7
Legham
a.k.a, Fosters Breath

Legham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond repute
i think it's rly cool how the guy shoots the laser bit out in your gif sig, rox.
Legham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #8
Russ
Custom User Title
Amateur Member

Russ is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of light
I'm not sold really for any new movies that come out. The last few installments of those and other movies coming out have me very cautious about how these movies will turn out. I don't expect galactic level goat fucks like EP I or JP III,I just never trust the initial announcements. The teasers and trailers are meant to get the message boards buzzing (mission accomplished) so more people go.
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #9
Tendercrisp
Been making Mcconaughey jokes since long before...
Addicted Member

Tendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to behold
I love how they're representin' the lord and savior Yeshua of Nazareth with that lightsaber and shit but what I don't understand is why that Sith lord is so god damn angry at those trees.