Old 07-29-2010   #1
Ironhide
- Ambient Wars Creator

Ironhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enough
Post Ambient Wars is back for 2010

Critical Note:

8/15/2010 - 04:36 AM
A new project site will be created for AW 2010 and a link to it will be posted here and in the support forums. It is in final prep and will be posted in the next couple hours.

8/14/2010
AW2010 new project from scratch. It's almost ready to push out to the public for mass hammering, testing and feedback.

8/11/2010

The new from-scratch AW2010 is night and day regarding stability and playability compared to the previous project. As soon as the next SHDN release goes public with the latest batch of changes, AW2010 will be posted so the general public can start help hammering it for problems and playability.

8/9/2010

Ambient Wars is being rewritten from scratch using what I've learned and it will be much more modular, stable, easier to maintain and easier to extend. v22 will be the last version using the old project. v2.0.1.0 will see the begining of the new project with cores rewritten from the ground up.

v2.0.1.0 will [ require ] SHDN v1.0.7.1.6+ which fixes a vital Group related problem.

8/6/2:40pm

Latest public release of ScriptHookDotNet is out. Ambient Wars [ requires ] Version 1.7.1.5 BETA for more stable operation. Known issues with AW can now be, and are being, addressed that were not previously possible. The next release of AW slated v2.0.0.22 will make full use of the critical fix in SHDN.

Starting to get excellent feedback but please use the support thread or this thread, especially for issues, because the little mod comment section is only good for small comments and private messages won't benefit everyone as I diagnose issues, make suggestions to you, or get suggestions from you.

By the way v2.0.0.5 has a very substantial round of improvements including a much easier AmbientWars.ini file to deal with.

Ambient Wars Revival v2.x

Mod Link:
http://www.gta4-mods.com/script/ambi...eta-v10-f3648/

Mod Support Thread:
http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/show...62#post2065262

I see there were quite a few still trying to use Ambient Wars after I left on contract. The project was put on hold because the ScriptHook at the time had too many apparent problems underneath that exposed themselves when so very many functions and properties were constantly utilized such as in AW.

However I'm back temporarily from contract and checked and found a new version of ScriptHook was released. I have confirmed it is extremely stable compared to when I left so Ambient Wars is being finished.

I would appreciate anyone still interested in it to test the latest version(s) and report feedback on its stability and use in general. I would also like to know if it works correctly with the latest addon packs for GTA-IV. I think it probably will but only you can tell me that until I get them. Don't have enough time right now to do that and this with other things so Il'l leave that up to you for testing and just let me know the results.

As always it requires the latest ScriptHook, and ASI loader and likely XLiveLess or other.

The ReadMe has been updated with instructions and requirements to get AmbientWars working on your rig.

Regards,
- Iron

Last edited by Ironhide; 08-15-2010 at 03:39 AM.. Reason: Added a note at the top.
Ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010   #2
Ironhide
- Ambient Wars Creator

Ironhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enough
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Q: Common Problem: You can't open the ScriptHookDotNet command console while in the game world and Ambient Wars doesn't appear to work:

A: That is not Ambient Wars failing. See the following.

If you can't open the SHDN command console while in the game world, then Ambient Wars likely isn't working either.
That's not Ambient Wars failing. That is ScriptHook/SHDN related:

If you've installed everything as specified in my ReadMe and pressing the Tilde Key in game (in the game world loaded, not the main menu) doesn't open the ScriptHookDotNet command console, that is ScriptHookDotNet failing to load, and it's probably because the core ScriptHook (C++) file needs one of the following redist updates.

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...3-37bf0912db84

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x64)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Q: Common Problem: You have a functioning ScriptHook and when you turn on Ambient Wars you see an error related to access denied of files.

A: That is not Ambient Wars failing. You are probably under UAC control and Windows is preventing access to required files. Run As Administrator = Problem Gone.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Ironhide; 08-05-2010 at 06:30 AM..
Ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote