Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-24-2011   #16
matt__jon

matt__jon will become famous soon enoughmatt__jon will become famous soon enoughmatt__jon will become famous soon enoughmatt__jon will become famous soon enoughmatt__jon will become famous soon enoughmatt__jon will become famous soon enough
Yes the countryside is a must, I enjoyed driving around on the country roads. I hope they actually put big foot and aliens in the game, and other such things, loch ness, etc. But very rare occurences
matt__jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011   #17
Pale2hall

Pale2hall is on a distinguished roadPale2hall is on a distinguished roadPale2hall is on a distinguished road
How would you feel about a European installment?
Pale2hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011   #18
matt__jon

matt__jon will become famous soon enoughmatt__jon will become famous soon enoughmatt__jon will become famous soon enoughmatt__jon will become famous soon enoughmatt__jon will become famous soon enoughmatt__jon will become famous soon enough
I wouldn't mind if they went with somewhere on the Mediterranean, I just want somewhere that looks warmer than Liberty City, no London please, at least not right now. But I'll buy the next game anyway
matt__jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011   #19
Gui
meh...

Gui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura about
It's hard to believe the next GTA will be set in LA, i mean R* already has 3 games set in LA (San Andreas, Midnight Club LA and LA Noire). Hope they decide to go with a fresh location but tbh i would like to see a current gen Vice City.
Old 09-05-2011   #20
THB

THB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enough
There have been talks about that the next location would be Paris, so I made up this lite "fanart"

THB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011   #21
carchub

carchub is an unknown quantity at this point
I am NOT a fan of San Andreas, and I hope they go back to Florida (Vice City I mean). SA was good many in many ways, but the story was shit to me (to ME, I know most people like it, that's fine) but Vice City had a much more interesting story to me and the location was great plus the time era, but yes Vice City had horrible maneuverability and crap cutscenes. That's why I think they should do another Vice City, because the only thing it needed (in my opinion) was better graphics and physics.

Probably the main reason why I'm super-glued to Vice City is because I started playing it when I was six years old, and you know, things stick better when you're younger. I remember being so psyched about SA coming out with the customizable cars and what not (I'm a car nut) but then not liking it much and reverting to VC (but that doesn't mean I didn't go through SA a couple times to know the whole storyline and mess with cheats =D).
carchub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011   #22
anitaridesagain
Newbie Member

anitaridesagain is on a distinguished roadanitaridesagain is on a distinguished roadanitaridesagain is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pale2hall View Post
How would you feel about a European installment?
Europe. PLEASE! Or somewhere in Asia like HK would be cool
anitaridesagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011   #23
Brotha
Rockstar-ish

Brotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the rough
Ooooooh, getting very happy when I think of all the threads and discussions that'll come up the next months/year I love the GTA community at its peak! Something I made quickly: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YieQASPd5V0

EDIT, Just had an idea, a bit farfetched, but still an idea:

Packie McReary ..irish..he's heading out to Francis airport at the end of ballad of gay tony..the logo, money....green...irish? Boston? Charlestown? Something similar to the movie "The Town?" but...Boston has to be too boring? no landmarks? OR?...

You know where you heard it first...:-)

Brotha

Last edited by Brotha; 10-25-2011 at 07:04 PM..
Brotha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011   #24
nYgel

nYgel is an unknown quantity at this point
I was hoping Chicago, Just given the fact the midwest hasn't been criminally represented by Rockstar yet.

I didn't like San Andreas. Mechanics were fine, variety of nonsense at your disposal, all that was good but shrinking whole major cities to the size of large neighborhoods seemed weird. It just didnt feel as real and kind of took me out of the world a bit.

However playing LA Noire I truly felt in the world. Now, I do live in Hollywood so it IS a bit of a personal thing maybe but navigating roads in a video game based off your own knowledge of the area is such a fun experience, if only for the novelty. I expect Los Angeles and really hope it will be. Develop Hollywood a couple blocks East so as to include Griffith Park for a woods area (with a hell of a view) and Maybe pull a rockstar and put a small Santa Monica so we have a waterfront (LA river sure doesnt count).

This may be a stretch but when I was playing LA Noire one thing is severely out of place that may clue in to GTAV. The Intolerance set was dismantled in 1919, LA Noire takes place well after, so WHY was that in there? Well the set was recreated for the Hollywood & Highland shopping center (if you havent been to Hollywood, its basically the main tourist area here, just a field and record shop in LA Noire i think) in 2000, thus any Modern day depiction will need that set's model, which Rockstar already made. ITS A LONG SHOT, but seemed plausible.
Oh, also the Intolerance set wasn't even in the location it is in LA Noire, its basically where Hollywood and Sunset intersect over in East Hollywood which isnt in game.
nYgel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011   #25
ScrewLoose
Puff King
Newbie Member

ScrewLoose is an unknown quantity at this point
Whassup, new member, how you all doing?

I've heard alot of people say how they think it'll be set in London, but I think either Vice City or Los Santos will definitely be the setting for GTA 5, literally can't wait until the 2nd! Won't be able to sleep hah
Old 10-30-2011   #26
ProfessorChaos
Newbie Member

ProfessorChaos is an unknown quantity at this point
Whatever it is, I'm sure it'll be great.
Old 10-30-2011   #27
Misanthrope
Scooter Brother

Misanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura about
I would also be amused if the San Andreas area made a return, but I think it would be better for everyone who loves San Andreas if Vice City or some new location were to be next. Before you get all upset, give me a moment.

In GTA III, Rockstar innovated the game engine and made an extremely enjoyable game. They got to see what ideas worked, and also what should be improved upon.

Next, Vice City allowed Rockstar a chance to improve. It also gave them the ability to expand the map a bit. They were also able to take a stab at a period-piece. They found out what more they could add to the game with the same hardware specifications. GTA had made another huge leap in the Sandbox Crime Story, quite literally changing the game again.

Finally, San Andreas expanded the map a huge amount. I still remember stealing a plane for the first time and flying around before getting shot down over the desert. With no loading! \^3^/ It had the refinements from the 3d games before it, and it was able to deliver a satisfying experience whether you cared about the gangbanger aspect or not. (That's another post.) The way I see it, San Andreas as we remember it would have been a much less impressive on the second iteration rather than the third.

In closing, I would like to have the much adored wide open spaces as well, but I understand that surface area is important. Until Rockstar manages to find a way to squeeze the most out of the map, I am content with making a stopover somewhere else.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Misanthrope is offline   Reply With Quote