Old 06-16-2010   #1
monster875
not so unknown-user anymore

monster875 is on a distinguished roadmonster875 is on a distinguished roadmonster875 is on a distinguished roadmonster875 is on a distinguished road
Question create c++ mods

hey guys.

i want to make a c++ mod but when i was installing Visual C++ 2008 express edition the exe couldn't get installed and the 2010 version didn't worked and it was right after the installation so i want to ask a simple question. is there another program than visual c++ who can create c++ mods?
Old 06-16-2010   #2
Legham
a.k.a, Fosters Breath

Legham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond repute
Just try reinstalling Visual C++ 2008 imo.. There are other programs to achieve the same goal, but that's about as good a program as they get. Ive installed the 2010 version on my laptop and im having some serious troubles with it, so i cant really recommend that.. Although that may be to do with the fact that im using code written in the 2008 version...

Also... Do you know C++? Im assuming you dont seeing as you dont even know the software you can use to write it.. Just so you know, it's incredibly complicated and if you were planning on just learning for a few days and assuming you'll have a mod at the end of that... think again.
Legham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010   #3
monster875

monster875 is on a distinguished roadmonster875 is on a distinguished roadmonster875 is on a distinguished roadmonster875 is on a distinguished road
i have 2010 and 2008 installed and none of them can be uninstalled because the setup crashes when it tries and the .exe's for them both can't either be installed because it also crashes the setup so i've two versions of visual studio which can't be deleted or used
Old 06-17-2010   #4
Legham
a.k.a, Fosters Breath

Legham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond repute
Ok, well thats a bit annoying lol. The only other IDE's i've heard of people using are Netbeans and Eclipse. Im assuming they're free. I haven't used either though, so i cant give you any idea of the quality. I'd say google it and check it out. Maybe see if there's any reviews of the software around. I'd have a deeper look but i have to head off to uni.
Legham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010   #5
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
You can make ASI mods in any text editor, even Notepad. The reason why we use Visual C++ is because Aru (and HazardX with Visual C# and VB) provided convenient project files that allow you to work with examples and use all the libraries of function calls super easily. It's a huge pain to make the mods in anything BUT the Visual Suite.
Old 06-18-2010   #6
Thomas B.
Streets ahead

Thomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of light
I use Code::Blocks for all of my C++ needs. It works really well and it's easy to use. You should check it out.

http://www.codeblocks.org/
Thomas B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010   #7
monster875

Thomas B. tnx dude this program actually works and it's the third c++ program i've installed which works

EDIT: now i just must find out how to make scripts with it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rappo View Post
You can make ASI mods in any text editor, even Notepad. The reason why we use Visual C++ is because Aru (and HazardX with Visual C# and VB) provided convenient project files that allow you to work with examples and use all the libraries of function calls super easily. It's a huge pain to make the mods in anything BUT the Visual Suite.
can u learn me how to make asi mods with notepad??

Last edited by monster875; 06-18-2010 at 05:41 PM.. Reason: auto-merged double post
monster875 is offline   Reply With Quote