Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2010   #1
RollingStones

RollingStones will become famous soon enoughRollingStones will become famous soon enoughRollingStones will become famous soon enoughRollingStones will become famous soon enoughRollingStones will become famous soon enoughRollingStones will become famous soon enough
Cool Announcement for GTA: Next - WHEN??? (+ Some ideas I had).

When will we get an official announcement about the next installment? It's usually in March isn't it? Could we hope for it this month, or do we have to wait a full bloody year? I really want them to get the next one out there soon. The waiting bit is killing me, 'cause I know it'll be a humdinger of a game.
It's been a long time since GTA4, and that game was kindda disappointing in some ways. I mean: I loved playing through it all, although the story got boring after 20 missions. The replay value for single player was the worst in any GTA game to date though.

In my opinion, and if you're interested, these are some of my ideas on the next GTA. Many of these features I have been craving since before the release of GTA: San Andreas:

1.- Make your own character. Essential I think. It would help GTA in a new direction, and a great one at that. Hey why not use that GameFace thingamajig that EA implemented in FIFA2010? It would be too cool.

2.- Make your own gang. Choose their logo from an uploaded picture or something. Pick out the gang's favourite radio station, etnicity, weapon and what type of car they drive (Including colour).

3.- Bring back car customization and add to it.

4.- Choose from a palette at the Pay 'n Spray. Nothing is more annoying than driving in and out.

5.- Make the next city London. If not that then make Los Angeles (I don't mean the whole state of San Andreas, but rather one big effin' city with a desert and country side to add to it). I'd go as far as to say that if Rockstar keeps GTA in America, it MUST be in L.A. next time. That city is as perfect, if not more, than New York. Same goes for London albeit to a lesser extent.

6.- Set it in the late 60s or early 70s (Imagine all the great music on the radio stations - The Rolling Stones, The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Bob Dylan etc. etc. etc.). Wouldn't it be great to have hippies, bikers and all those people, in the game? I'd sure as shit love it. They could even implement the Altamont Free Festival of 1969 (It's referenced in GTA: SA sometimes. Some ped says "I'm gonna put you under my THUMB - It's a reference to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdvJmcvEnac . Another guy says "I'm gonna go ALTAMONT on ya'). Check out some here (Spaced out hippies - A gem for Rockstar to poke fun at):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZC7tBJiIUsA

7.- No more "Original Trilogy Cities" bullcrap. The first generation of GTA was top down, so that was ok to do that in 3D and make it all different. The idea of GTA4 in LC was good too, as it is the first time they've actually gone DIRECTLY for New York. But it should stop right there. Not Vice City again. I liked GTA: VC (VCS even better for the great story and real estate options) Now is the right time to make something new and great that has not been done before. I realize that L.A. was done in other sandbox games, but all the great cities have been in sandbox games by now. I don't think about other games because I know that Rockstar does the best job by far.

8.- Bring back the real estate.

9.- Bring back garages (Does not make sense to park an open car in the driving rain now does it). Also garages hides your cars, so you can have a shadily stolen cop car in there. It makes no sense that I can have a cop car on my parking space, and all the cops simply walk by, donut in mouth.

10.- Bring back the military and make the tanks shoot at you at 7 stars.

11.- Parachutes.

12.- Planes.

13.- More ways of public transport. Take the bus, the ferry, a taxi, a train. All that....

14.- Better clothes. Some of it was OK in GTA4, but most of it was bad. I think I use 20% of all the clothes in that game. Maybe less. If it's not a complete doctor's suit, I look like a rich man or GrandPa Simpson. In SA it was much better.

15.- Lastly, I would love to see a REAL price for completing the story mission. Give me the option to buy a mansion that is customizable inside. Locate it on the top of a big hill with a high fence around it. From the backdoor I could go down the stairs to my private dock with 2 saved boats. Or I could go to the roof with the helipad and my one saved chopper. Or I could go to the small airstrip at the end of the property. Or I could go to my garage with the 10 saved cars. I swear that I would NEVER save in any other place than that...
RollingStones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010   #2
Tyler
Every Time Zone
Addicted Member

Tyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud of
agree with all but number 6. It may be your 'ideal' era, but personally, have it set in the present time, in Vice City.
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010   #3
RollingStones

RollingStones will become famous soon enoughRollingStones will become famous soon enoughRollingStones will become famous soon enoughRollingStones will become famous soon enoughRollingStones will become famous soon enoughRollingStones will become famous soon enough
Yes. Of course it's my dream come true to have it in that time and city. Didn't say that it wasn't.
Old 03-09-2010   #4
chrisuk
Newbie Member

chrisuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
agree with all but number 6. It may be your 'ideal' era, but personally, have it set in the present time, in Vice City.
I think the majority of us want a present-day return to Vice City.
chrisuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010   #5
dokujitsu
GTA addict since 2001

dokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura about
Agreed RollingStones. Check my thread on this board to vote for when you want it! Like Tyler, I agree with all but 6. I'm not sure how a game that far back would do. Hippies and all everywhere is a bit much. I'd like to see random hippies in the next game, still! And I'd love a 60's/70's station on the radio!
dokujitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010   #6
jim_genius5

jim_genius5 is on a distinguished roadjim_genius5 is on a distinguished roadjim_genius5 is on a distinguished road
Go play Saints Row.
jim_genius5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010   #7
Tyler
Every Time Zone
Addicted Member

Tyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud of
Let me break this down, in my perspective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingStones View Post
1.- Make your own character. Essential I think. It would help GTA in a new direction, and a great one at that. Hey why not use that GameFace thingamajig that EA implemented in FIFA2010? It would be too cool.
R* i dont think, can use it. Because its implemented by EA
Quote:
2.- Make your own gang. Choose their logo from an uploaded picture or something. Pick out the gang's favourite radio station, etnicity, weapon and what type of car they drive (Including colour).
I actually dont like this idea. The creators of the game should create what gang (if your in one) to be, and what to wear. Maybe you could pick a style, like (Bikers, Street racers, Gangstas)
Quote:
3.- Bring back car customization and add to it.
4.- Choose from a palette at the Pay 'n Spray. Nothing is more annoying than driving in and out.
These, i love. I got so mad in IV trying to figure out to get my car a certain color, then it would eventually stay just one color. Also, to customize the car, i loved that in SA.
Quote:
5.- Make the next city London. If not that then make Los Angeles (I don't mean the whole state of San Andreas, but rather one big effin' city with a desert and country side to add to it). I'd go as far as to say that if Rockstar keeps GTA in America, it MUST be in L.A. next time. That city is as perfect, if not more, than New York. Same goes for London albeit to a lesser extent.
Disagree. Should be VC2 or something along those lines. L.A is a part of S.A. I just cant see it making a return right after IV.
Quote:
6.- Set it in the late 60s or early 70s (Imagine all the great music on the radio stations - The Rolling Stones, The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Bob Dylan etc. etc. etc.). Wouldn't it be great to have hippies, bikers and all those people, in the game? I'd sure as shit love it. They could even implement the Altamont Free Festival of 1969
This i also disagree. It should be set in a modern VC, and have all those radio stations, from Rap, Rock, all the way to Techno and the Oldies.
Quote:
7.- No more "Original Trilogy Cities" bullcrap. The first generation of GTA was top down, so that was ok to do that in 3D and make it all different. The idea of GTA4 in LC was good too, as it is the first time they've actually gone DIRECTLY for New York. But it should stop right there. Not Vice City again. I liked GTA: VC (VCS even better for the great story and real estate options) Now is the right time to make something new and great that has not been done before. I realize that L.A. was done in other sandbox games, but all the great cities have been in sandbox games by now. I don't think about other games because I know that Rockstar does the best job by far.
Think about it, Vice City would be fantastic today. The pictures in Miami today are phenomenal, and driving through 'Ocean Beach' (i think it's called that) with todays graphics and physics, on a xBox or PS3 would be amazing.
Quote:
8.- Bring back the real estate.
9.- Bring back garages (Does not make sense to park an open car in the driving rain now does it). Also garages hides your cars, so you can have a shadily stolen cop car in there. It makes no sense that I can have a cop car on my parking space, and all the cops simply walk by, donut in mouth.
8 & 9 i absolutly love. Buying all of those houses in S.A was awesome, it gave you more control on what you own, and it showed how rich you truely became. Plus in IV, you ended the game with like $800,000 and nothing to buy. I think you should be able to 'buy' cars and bikes, as well.
Quote:
10.- Bring back the military and make the tanks shoot at you at 7 stars.
Too much, the constant helicopters and boats in IV were enough for me. Havent played S.A or V.C lately to remember if six stars was a true challenge or not.
Quote:
11.- Parachutes.
12.- Planes.
Yes, and yes.
Quote:
13.- More ways of public transport. Take the bus, the ferry, a taxi, a train. All that....
I think the taxi's in IV were enough, plus L.C had plenty of them
Quote:
14.- Better clothes. Some of it was OK in GTA4, but most of it was bad. I think I use 20% of all the clothes in that game. Maybe less. If it's not a complete doctor's suit, I look like a rich man or GrandPa Simpson. In SA it was much better.
I agree, they do need a better clothing system and more styles for the next GTA game. More hats, glasses, some tee-shirts, etc.
Quote:
15.- Lastly, I would love to see a REAL price for completing the story mission. Give me the option to buy a mansion that is customizable inside. Locate it on the top of a big hill with a high fence around it. From the backdoor I could go down the stairs to my private dock with 2 saved boats. Or I could go to the roof with the helipad and my one saved chopper. Or I could go to the small airstrip at the end of the property. Or I could go to my garage with the 10 saved cars. I swear that I would NEVER save in any other place than that...
THIS...THIS made me feel like the fucking man, when i completed V.C, finally owning that big ass mansion with the helicopter pad, but it should have had more furniture, and a safe.

I also want to add, since you basically owned the city, and killed everybody, you never got any extra money. Once you beat the story mode and stuff, you should at least have a bonus income of like 50 G's per game day, or something along those lines.
Old 03-12-2010   #8
RollingStones

Regarding #7: I know that many people would love a return to vc, but R* would shoot themselves in the foot with that I think. This new series is the chance for making new stuff, and if they rehash vc for the 4th time over, their fantasy seems to wane to me. They should not go there. Plus, the actual city in GTA: vc had only a few cool places. Too much was shitty backstreets imo. And the whole city was flat as a pancake. No hills anywhere. It's the worst city they did in 3d.
Old 03-13-2010   #9
GTA_SA_Zilla
GTA: San Andreas OwNeR Hit me up on yim: y.fuclzer
Newbie Member

GTA_SA_Zilla is an unknown quantity at this point
agrees with rollingstones xcept for 60s however they should make a game that was present in 2k that'd be interesting new cars new hours, drugs,buy beer & get tipsy etc, gta sa was fun, but it lacked the drug & beer shit Gta 4 had it, i got the cd but can't play it, anyhow make a grand theft auto game where you can mod and not use so many damn tools like "img, and cleo3 etc" I'm a newbie to modding myself. recently been downloading mods for cars & headlights etc, track list should be something as rollingstones said, rap just sucks for a game
GTA_SA_Zilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010   #10
Tyler
Every Time Zone
Addicted Member

Quote:
Regarding #7: I know that many people would love a return to vc, but R* would shoot themselves in the foot with that I think. This new series is the chance for making new stuff, and if they rehash vc for the 4th time over, their fantasy seems to wane to me. They should not go there. Plus, the actual city in GTA: vc had only a few cool places. Too much was shitty backstreets imo. And the whole city was flat as a pancake. No hills anywhere. It's the worst city they did in 3d.
A new change, yes. But personally, the next GTA they do, will be the best selling one so far to date. R* does not have the intentions of slowing down or stopping the GTA franchise any time soon. With the new lightings, graphics, and engines, VC would put LC in the dirt. And of course there were no hills, it's Florida We have no mountains or hills here.
Old 03-15-2010   #11
chrisuk
Newbie Member

chrisuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Dismissing the possibility of a Vice City return is a bit silly really. As stated, a remade VC on the current hardware would ship so many units because 1. People want to see Vice City again 2. The graphics would put LC to shame as stated above.
chrisuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010   #12
RollingStones

A

L.A. has the same as Miami, and it's a better city too in my opinion. You've got the beach, the hills, the glitter and decay, Hollywood, gangs. It's just a better choice all together. VC would of course be cool, but it's a wrong move to make the original cities for the 3rd time over. And London hasn't even been touched since the ps1 version. That's a good choice too. Please no VC again.
Old 03-16-2010   #13
Misanthrope
Scooter Brother

Misanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura about
If I may respectfully disagree:

I do not believe that the next GTA should have create-a-character or make-a-gang. The GTA games, at least the 3d ones, are about story. You take a character through a menagerie of violent and/or impulsive criminal caricatures, and you use them or play them off on each other to get to the end. I think making your own character would chop that kind of story off at the knees. As has been evidenced by the past games, motivations are different when your gang is gangsta, mafia, or Triad. Claude was a mute, and that only succeeded to make his story happen around him rather than through him.

Secondly, there isn't really any reason to have gangs. Whenever push comes to shove, you're doing all the heavy lifting by yourself anyway. Also, babysitting an AI adds another layer of tedium to the "drive here; shoot them" mechanic.

I personally would agree that Vice City is not preferable to San Andreas. VC has beach and swamp while San Andreas has beach, woodlands, and desert. However, the natural progression was that Rockstar learned to do more with the same space, hence VC is bigger than Liberty, and San Andreas is still larger. I would rather them take the story to VC and refine the new game engine than jump straight into San Andreas. I can wait.

Finally, I think that Rockstar should opt for a bit more sidemissions. I don't think that they should go the path of Saints Row and totally inundate the game with BS, rather there should be a bit more to do than we had in GTAIV
Misanthrope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010   #14
RollingStones

The story design for a created character could work easily. In GTA3 it worked pretty well. Although it wasn't a Design-A-Protagonist, the story was in fact moulded around that. One of the Houser brothers is even on record as saying "...We wanted it to be YOU". I can't recall in which interview though. I think it was And Rockstar has a good script crew, as opposed to the makers of such Copycat/Shit games like True Crime, Total Overdose or Saints Row. They did it once and they can do it again. See the thing is that the next GTA should be the real next step forward. GTA4 wasn't in my honest opinion. Remember that Rockstar went out, and said that the revolution from the PS2 series to PS3/Xbox360 would be equivalent to the revolution from the original GTA series to the PS2 series? It wasn't I think. Apart from the graphics and the sound, what did they put into GTA4 that couldn't have been in GTA: San Andreas on the PS2? They simply took too much out from GTA: SA in GTA4. Way too much! But it's all good since they had to make everything from scratch. Then it's OK. But now is the time for new ideas. I get that Vice City would be cool. I think it would too. It has many things to speak for it. But why does people want Vice City again? Because they thought that the PS2 game was cool. I read many times that it should be in the 80s again. Seems to me that people really want a remake of the 2002 PS2 game. Leave past glories behind, and make something fresh. Rockstar never made a game based solely in Los Angeles (Or Los Santos, as we've come to know it). I propose "Grand Theft Auto: Los Santos". You have all the good things there. It's a perfect city for the GTA franchise. There's some things that should NEVER be left out of a GTA game. One is hills and mountains. I liked GTA: VC, but it really lacked that element, and that's why I think that the actual map in VC was the worst they ever did. Great story, bad map/city. Everything was flat as a flapjack, and it was tedious-galore to look at. It was saved, somewhat, by the bright and vibrant colours. Another thing that should never be left out, is properties. This always makes for great fun, especially if it's made like in GTA: VCS. Yet another would be gangs. It makes for a great, let me retype that, G R E A T replayability. It's always nice to have something to do (GTA4 lacked this element WAY too much. Even GTA3 was double the fun, even after 100% completion). Gangs make the game great, and after GTA: SA, how could they even think of leaving that out? It was a thundering success to have that element in.
I just don't wanna end up having a PlayStation 14 and still be playing Liberty City, Vice City and San Andreas. Now is the time to make the jump to other things. I like that all the different canons start in Liberty City, but it shouldn't be the same cities over and over. What about when we get to PlayStation 4 and Xbox720? Should it be LC, VC and SA again, just because they can make it look even better than the PS3/Xbox360 versions? That would indeed be the death of GTA. The trick is to not repeat yourself, while still maintaining a feel of the old glories (And in that context I'd like to say that it was also a huge mistake to kill off the entire PS2 canon universe. They made a great universe, and I never saw what the problem would be with keeping it. There's enough cool persons in there to keep it going. All the protagonists are still alive as far as I know. Why not have Tommy Vercetti moved to L.A. and you battle against him and the other major gang, Grove Street Families, lead by one Carl Johnson? Are you telling me that it would be a bad move? No. It would be a great move. People jizz their pants when something from the old games return, and it's a sell-booster for Rockstar. Just look at how people reacted when they found out that there was a mission taking place in Liberty City's Saint Marks district. Everybody went apreshit and thought it was cool as hell).
Let's have GTA: Los Santos and let me make my own protagonist and gang. Let me run to the hills when the rival gang attacks. Let me hide in my huge (Customizable) mansion while I call for back-up. Let me run back down the hills with a bazooka and reclaim my territory with my gang. Let me ride the highways to the hills and mountains and feel the air in my hair. Let me steal a Freeway and drive the city in the night, looking at all the vibrant colours. Go to the beach during the morning. Get drunk in a hot club. Have hot coffee with a girlfriend (Only one please. Not all those high maintenance friends and lovers again. That sucked ass). Do all the cool things that lacked in GTA4.
I know I would love that, and you would too... Right?
Old 03-16-2010   #15
Asmo
Not a Cock

Asmo has a spectacular aura aboutAsmo has a spectacular aura aboutAsmo has a spectacular aura aboutAsmo has a spectacular aura aboutAsmo has a spectacular aura aboutAsmo has a spectacular aura aboutAsmo has a spectacular aura aboutAsmo has a spectacular aura aboutAsmo has a spectacular aura aboutAsmo has a spectacular aura aboutAsmo has a spectacular aura about
I really disliked the whole gangsta' theme of San Andreas. The clothing options and vehicle customization I can understand, but that's it. Personally, for me San Andreas was a bit of a step down in the series. To me, all I really care about is a good story and a bit of in-game world immersion, none of the other fluff like gangs and gyms. Those are all useless to me, and I've rarely used them. The story was pretty decent, if you can say that. It was pretty much just Carl getting pushed into things by other characters.

It seems to me, all everyone cares about is having an Infernus parked in front of their huge mansion while they go out and shoot gang members. Where's the realism in that? Having a good story wrapped around a good protagonist is enough to make me happy.

As for Vice City coming back, I'm all for it. It still remains one of my favorite PC games, next to IV. Rockstar would be making a very huge mistake to not bring it back.
Asmo is offline   Reply With Quote