Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Off Topic & Unrelated > Video Games Chat
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-2010   #1
yimpat
Registered Loser

yimpat is on a distinguished roadyimpat is on a distinguished road
Bugs/Glitches that you've come across

First off, I didn't create this thread to just complain about the game, rather, I'm just looking to compile the bugs that I and anyone else has encountered so far and on what version and if you can echo any of the already mentioned. Like, I love the game, but the one thing detracting from the experience is the amount of bugs, some minor but some are very infuriating and noticable.

I'm gonna list the bugs that just come to mind that I've encountered as I never took a note of them or anything. These all apply to the ps3 version.

Pedestrians that sit on benches such as the ones in Blackwater often are facing the wrong way and are actually in the bench, essentially, they're in the sitting animation only the wrong way around. I've encountered this several times, it seems relatively common.

On one occasion in freemode I pressed R1 to get into cover during a tumble weed raid and found myself flung a ridiculous height for absolutely no reason then fell to my death, somewhat like I had jumped from a plane. Only happened once.

Free mode. An enemy got lodged in a rock, as I was unable to kill him the raid had to be abandoned. Only happened once.

During a story mission I had to lasso a character but when I did and pressed triangle to hogtie the aniamtion jittered then the character was on his feet again and for some reason I couldn't lasso him, it'd just go through him, had to restart mission.

Numerous issues with texture pop-in and late animations e.g Someone would be standing then suddenly appear sitting. A commoner example is when Marston is attacked by animals he often goes into the animation before any contact has been made.

I'm not sure If this was one or it was meant to happen but a train I followed didn't stop at any of the stations then eventually just stopped at a bridge then never resumed. Also, there was no driver...creepy.UPDATE Just did it again, turns out it stops to let the other train pass. Doesn't explain why there wasn't a driver the first time though!

This is definitly one of the weirder ones. During a story mission that took place in Escalera(the one that concludes the Mexico chapter), I was fighting a particular type of soldier and during the mission I came across about 10 of the enimies bunched together going through eachother, floating about 2 feet above the ground. I'm really bad at explaining this, as I'm not computer whiz, but they were all in the position that I've seen gaming models in during the development stage ( Arms out to the side, Christ on the cross style), all facing the same way with guns under their feet, it was actually pretty funny as it looked like they were using their guns to fly. I could even target them/lock on, but upon fire blood would spurt but they stayed stoic. They were still present after the mission was over but they're gone now.

I just remembered that at one point my horse kicked me off and when John got up he started running in a random direction and i had no control over him or even the camera, he kept running until he finally hit a wall then I could play again.

When running through doors Marston often shoulder barges about a meter before contact and it openes anyway. Very comon for me, almost never does it correctly.

Not being able to mount a horse after a point in a mission, has to be restarted.

Numerous Freezes

Frame rate issues

Things gliding, no walking animation

Stuff becoming invisible

I'm very curious to see if anyone else has encountered the more unique bugs.

Last edited by yimpat; 05-24-2010 at 07:14 AM..
yimpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010   #2
zeeshan810
RockstarDB.com

zeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enough
My game is freezing. >_<

Also the Frame Rate on the PS3 is shi*.

Other than that its FUN.
Old 05-23-2010   #3
Havok
Oh please, no.

Havok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeshan810 View Post
My game is freezing. >_<

Also the Frame Rate on the PS3 is shi*.

Other than that its FUN.
Same
also the "New items available at shops!" but there is nothing new.

At one point my horse pitched forth and died suddenly and then my game froze.

people gliding without moving their legs through town
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010   #4
Tyler
Every Time Zone
Addicted Member

Tyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud of
I've seen people sitting the wrong way.
Horse's gliding on the ground.
Hogtie-ing people, but them freezing, and me carrying an invisible body.
Multiple times becoming invisible in MP.
Animals become invisible.
Game froze once.
PS3 frame rate =
That's mainly it.
Old 05-23-2010   #5
lillb
Casual User

lillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant future
In Thieves Landing when opening the warehouse doors sometimes they glitch out.

One time my horse was inside of a rock (but whistling for him got him out instantly)

Had the framerate get pretty bad today, but that was after a few hours of play and my 360 is old so it could be that.

Haven't had most of the ones you guys on PS3 are experiencing.
Old 05-24-2010   #6
Yam Trigger
Urban Pleb

Yam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to behold
One glitch I discovered just now using a PS3 version of the game:
In the mission "An Appointed Time" if you lasso both drivers from Bill Williamson's wagon, the wagon will stop but the cut scene will not occur. Abraham Reyes will continue to shoot at the wagon continuously and you must kill yourself in order to restart from the checkpoint.

(I don't think there were any major storyline spoilers but I added the tags anyway in case someone thought so.)

Do you smell burning feathers?

Last edited by Yam Trigger; 05-24-2010 at 04:49 AM..
Yam Trigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010   #7
Tyler
Every Time Zone
Addicted Member

Tyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam Trigger View Post
One glitch I discovered just now using a PS3 version of the game:
In the mission "An Appointed Time" if you lasso both drivers from Bill Williamson's wagon, the wagon will stop but the cut scene will not occur. Abraham Reyes will continue to shoot at the wagon continuously and you must kill yourself in order to restart from the checkpoint.

(I don't think there were any major storyline spoilers but I added the tags anyway in case someone thought so.)

Omg same thing happend, i shot one driver, and killed all the horses. We just sat there forever, i couldn't move. And noone would do anything. Finally after like three minutes, a cutscene started.
Old 05-24-2010   #8
Zidane

Zidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond repute
Game froze a lot when I first got it. Not too much anymore.

Also...

Old 05-24-2010   #9
zeeshan810
RockstarDB.com

zeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
Omg same thing happend, i shot one driver, and killed all the horses. We just sat there forever, i couldn't move. And noone would do anything. Finally after like three minutes, a cutscene started.
same
Old 05-24-2010   #10
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zidane View Post
Game froze a lot when I first got it. Not too much anymore.

Also...

Maybe he just doesn't like you?
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010   #11
Tyler
Every Time Zone
Addicted Member

I was fighting a guy in Blackwater, and i go to ground tackle him. He ends up disappearing, and i'm now fighting with the air.

Also; not mine, but hilarious.

Last edited by Tyler; 05-24-2010 at 03:41 PM..
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010   #12
TGF
Infinitely Fucked Up

TGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to behold
Well, I haven't had quite the glitches you guys have had, only had my game freeze once, and that was when the screen went black after accepting a duel.

Only had two other strange occurrences, just saw a guy on a horse once sticking out of the ground, was in the walking animation, but going nowhere, and that weird thing that happens with the wolves when I attack with a knife.

Also, I haven't really noticed frame rate issues, well, except when there are about one hundred wolf carcasses on the screen at once.

Quote:
If the body did not die, and the fears borne in the mind just continued to pile up, the world would be nothing more than an eternal prison.
TGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010   #13
lillb
Casual User

lillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant future
I got arrested twice today and both times the game froze completely when it went to the loading screen
once again my 360 is old and shitty but its still weird it happened both times I got arrested.
Old 05-25-2010   #14
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
So I found out the problem with Mo Van Barr. Apparently, he is the very first bounty to appear in the game, as long as you entered the code before you started playing the single player game. I didn't do this.

A way around this is to delete your current save game, something I'm not going to do, and kill Walton, rather than capturing him.

It's a problem that I'm betting a patch will fix.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010   #15
Zidane

Zidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond repute
Oh my god... those two videos had me holding in my laughter so I don't wake up my roommate. God DAMN.