Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Off Topic & Unrelated > Video Games Chat
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-2010   #1
Zidane

Zidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond repute
What would you want to see in a sequel?

What would you guys want to see in a sequel?
Old 05-23-2010   #2
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Red Dead Revelations? Red Dead Revolution? Red Dead Rebuttal? At least the corny names are prime for picking!
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010   #3
Tyler
Every Time Zone
Addicted Member

Tyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud of
Did R* ask you this, to see our response?

Anyway, there's alot i would love to see. I don't think it should be set in the western period anymore, RDR gave me the gameplay i needed for the west, in the early 1900's. I'd say maybe in the 1940's or 1950's, R* should make a free-roam based on that era, maybe in Chicago. All about the Mob.
/inb4MAFIA
Old 05-23-2010   #4
GTA Mike
Eh?

GTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to behold
I'd like to see a prequel, maybe playing as a young Landon Ricketts
Old 05-23-2010   #5
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
I don't think it should be set in the western period anymore,
And here we completely glossed over the fact what the Red Dead series is suppose to be about, hey, what next, about a GTA game where we don't steal cars and work for gangs but instead work to take down a government task force oppressing people in the future?
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010   #6
Tyler
Every Time Zone
Addicted Member

Tyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash_735 View Post
And here we completely glossed over the fact what the Red Dead series is suppose to be about, hey, what next, about a GTA game where we don't steal cars and work for gangs but instead work to take down a government task force oppressing people in the future?
No, i understand where the RDR series is coming from, but what more can R* do for the next RDR? Add a different story? in the same time period? What more can the west provide?
Old 05-23-2010   #7
GTA Mike
Eh?

GTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to beholdGTA Mike is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA Mike View Post

This would be good, it would be set in the time before industrialization was really hitting hard like it is in RDR, it would add many new elements

EDIT:

Quote:
No, i understand where the RDR series is coming from, but what more can R* do for the next RDR? Add a different story? in the same time period? What more can the west provide?
What do you think GTA has been doing all these years? Different story, a couple new features and a slightly different setting

Last edited by GTA Mike; 05-23-2010 at 11:02 PM.. Reason: auto-merged double post
GTA Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010   #8
lillb
Casual User

lillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA Mike View Post
I just met him, he seems interesting. I could see that working also.
Old 05-24-2010   #9
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Anyway, there's alot i would love to see. I don't think it should be set in the western period anymore, RDR gave me the gameplay i needed for the west, in the early 1900's. I'd say maybe in the 1940's or 1950's, R* should make a free-roam based on that era, maybe in Chicago. All about the Mob.
/inb4MAFIA
Oh yeah, Red Dead Prohibition...

But seriously, The West has not been exhausted. Why not make a story about the gold rushes in North America in 1860. If anything, Mafia stories have been used way more than Westerns; in videogames, Westerns are still very fresh, there aren't too many. Why would Red Dead leave this niche?
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010   #10
Patrucci

Patrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud of
In RDR it's like, the changing of times. The old violent west is slowly creeping away as technology develops. The game is set in 1911(?), and civilization is becoming.. well, more civilized. I'd like to see the next game in the series set in a time 20-40 years before, when the West was still extremely harsh.
Patrucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010   #11
Havok_Jro
I'm The Best At Space

Havok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah that's the only thing i can really see working a prequel... Kind of go the VC route, drop us back 30 years maybe more, stick us in the middle of the civil war, or like Matt said when it's a lot harsher than now, where people are becoming civil
Havok_Jro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010   #12
lillb
Casual User

lillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrucci View Post
In RDR it's like, the changing of times. The old violent west is slowly creeping away as technology develops. The game is set in 1911(?), and civilization is becoming.. well, more civilized. I'd like to see the next game in the series set in a time 20-40 years before, when the West was still extremely harsh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok_Jro View Post
Yeah that's the only thing i can really see working a prequel... Kind of go the VC route, drop us back 30 years maybe more, stick us in the middle of the civil war, or like Matt said when it's a lot harsher than now, where people are becoming civil
Yea I think thats the only thing they could do, it's set in 1908, any later than that is WWI or post WWI which I don't see as being very western feeling at all. A prequel could be really good, I like the Landon Ricketts idea since he was a legendary gunslinger. And it could possibly show the stories of other characters 30 years prior to Redemption's story line.
Old 05-24-2010   #13
dman1981
Newbie Member

dman1981 is an unknown quantity at this point
i'd love to see RDR 2 take place in Feudal Japan, samurais instead of cowboys. and then RDR 3 taking place during WW2 in Europe somewhere.
dman1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010   #14
Bonecrusher
Addicted Member

Bonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman1981 View Post
i'd love to see RDR 2 take place in Feudal Japan, samurais instead of cowboys. and then RDR 3 taking place during WW2 in Europe somewhere.
Which completely ruins the concept of Red Dead, but yeah.

Why do some of you want to step away from the whole Western thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HH View Post
After releasing my mix tape here, people are loving it. Like, loving it. I mean to the point that I'm gone to clubs to perform, all black clubs and they give a standing ovation, getting dab from everyone, and on my sort of"party-and-get-fucked-up" records, the whole club is dancing.
Bonecrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010   #15
Grimmy
I'm ready for the laughing gas

Grimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond repute
Red Dead Redemption is already RDR 2. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK