Old 05-13-2010   #1
bbat617
Newbie Member

bbat617 is an unknown quantity at this point
PC Performance question

I picked up GTA-IV as an xmas gift in 2008. Originally I couldn't play the game, there were so many graphical errors, missing textures, etc. So, I boxed it up and kept it away. I decided to try GTA-IV again this week. I installed Patch 1.0.5.0 and while the missing textures are no longer missing, the game has a very SLOW feel to it and, It's pretty choppy. We're talking 10 FPS. I have all the settings on LOW with minimal draw distances, etc. I've listed my PC Spec's below.

Currently Running:
AMD Athlon 64/ X2 Dual Core 4200+ (2.2 Ghz)
2 GB of RAM
eVGA GeForce 7900-GTO (512MB)
Windows XP PRO/SP3

Are there any tweaks to make this game run smooth? Is it just my crappy computer? I'm seeing a lot of videos on YouTube and the game looks great with the proper equipment. If I had to build a new computer for $700.00 what would you recommend? Obviously I'd like to reuse my Power Supply, Case, CD/DVD-ROM and Video Card unless the 7900-GTO is junk now?
bbat617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010   #2
lillb
Casual User

lillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant future
not sure on that video card, but I'd say you need atleast a quad-core and a motherboard to go with it
That'll probably run you a few hundred bucks for both if you have 700 to spend you can build a pretty decent machine that could run GTAIV well