Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2010   #1
RETROsexual
Newbie Member

RETROsexual is an unknown quantity at this point
The truth on the new GTA?

Ok firstly id like to introduce myself. Ive been a MASSIVE fan of the Gta series since gta was first introduced way back in '97. Ive followed Rock* games ever since (They are gods!) lol.

Ive been reading all the posts on the new GTA and id like to give my opinion on were the new GTA will take us so lets look at the facts...

GTA IV:

Vice city has been mentioned several times on "WKTT" radio.
The introduction of "Vice city fm."
The constant mentions from characters diologue of Vice city.

Ive seen a few people saying that the new GTA is going to be based in paris or some shit. I think this is totaly stupid imo. I think rockstar would know that this would be a bad idea. As much as i dont like it i also think that london is out of the question because we have heard this so many times from differant sources in the past.

In my opinion i think were more likey to see the return of vice city than anywere else such as san andreas aswell.

Anyway thats just my opinon so let me know what you think
RETROsexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010   #2
chrisuk
Newbie Member

chrisuk is an unknown quantity at this point
I agree with most of that and Vice City has been mention a lot on the radios but so has Los Santos. Who knows, I'm hoping they are doing it in order like they did last gen. Vice City then San Andreas. They know they could earn millions off of a HD, next gen revisit to all the old cities that we all loved.
chrisuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010   #3
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
I would love Vice City to make a return in the next GTA, as would many others who believe it will happen. Here's the problem with it though. This idea came to mind after GTA IV was revealed to take place in Liberty City, implying the potential for the next trilogy to all be set in remakes of previous settings. The problem part: Rockstar is full of surprises, it's never easy to tell what they will do. What we have to hope for is that R* won't recognize that the community is highly speculating VC for the next setting and say "Oh well we want to shock them so let's make it something else!"

Realistically, I don't think they would do that, they've more than likely had the next GTA planned way ahead of time before even GTA IV was released, so there's no way that we could change those plans at this point in time.
Old 01-08-2010   #4
chrisuk
Newbie Member

chrisuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Trashman View Post
I would love Vice City to make a return in the next GTA, as would many others who believe it will happen. Here's the problem with it though. This idea came to mind after GTA IV was revealed to take place in Liberty City, implying the potential for the next trilogy to all be set in remakes of previous settings. The problem part: Rockstar is full of surprises, it's never easy to tell what they will do. What we have to hope for is that R* won't recognize that the community is highly speculating VC for the next setting and say "Oh well we want to shock them so let's make it something else!"

Realistically, I don't think they would do that, they've more than likely had the next GTA planned way ahead of time before even GTA IV was released, so there's no way that we could change those plans at this point in time.
Very true that. Rockstar are little schemers but I'm convinced they've had their mind set up ever since the idea of IV was conceived. But we will have to see, E3 is dawning so who knows what Rockstar will show there; I'm hoping for an announcement soon because the anticipation is killing me!
chrisuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010   #5
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
I think Rockstar will do what they want, stating the obvious but we can't really know what they'll do. I'd like to see Vice City in Modern Times BUT I don't want them to remake the Trilogy again, cause that just seems lazy, there are plenty of cities left in the US that they could do, Chicago and Detroit spring to mind, and Boston.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010   #6
Russ
Dats da fact jack!

Russ is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of light
It's hard to say really. I'm not certain and I don't think the Housers said anything directly about the series' progression through different cities. If there was a plan then fine whatever. However, I prsonally think they may have painted themselves into a corner returning to LC for IV. A widespread expectation has evolved within the established fanbase to have HD versions of the III trilogy cities. Location can be important but it is not what drives the game.
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010   #7
jim_genius5

jim_genius5 is on a distinguished roadjim_genius5 is on a distinguished roadjim_genius5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash_735 View Post
I think Rockstar will do what they want, stating the obvious but we can't really know what they'll do. I'd like to see Vice City in Modern Times BUT I don't want them to remake the Trilogy again, cause that just seems lazy, there are plenty of cities left in the US that they could do, Chicago and Detroit spring to mind, and Boston.
I disagree. There's nothing lazy about making remakes. You can't say R* was being lazy when they redid Liberty City because you can see how much work they put in it.

However, it would be great to create new cities based on real life US cities. I do not want the GTA universe to expand beyond America because this is what GTA has always been about the American culture and this is what makes it awesome. I don't think the Housers can produce such a satirical version of a non-US city like they did in IV.
jim_genius5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010   #8
Russ
Dats da fact jack!

Russ is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of light
The city, whatever one they go with, is only a part to what makes this series so entertaining. In III LC was supposed to be a facsimile of NY. It didn't look anything like NY outside of the three island or landmass concept. What made III so good was the story, gameplay, soundtrack and visuals (for the time) all blended to gether so well. The same can be argued for the rest of the trilogy titles.
I'm sure the city visually will be amazing. It is what is in and can be done in the city that will make the game great and replayable.
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010   #9
Jaytow

Jaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enough
I will never understand why people say that it will be a city because it is mentioned on the radio, all that means is that it is part of the Grand Theft Auto universe and that rockstar are giving a nod to the city.

It will probabily be vice city but the only reason I think that is because Vice came after 3. The whole radio theory makes no sense to me, they mention just about every city on the radio that is in the GTA universe.
Jaytow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010   #10
Tim
Autonomic

Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond repute
If it is Vice City and they're following with the trend set in the previous gen consoles then Vice City would be set in the 80's (potentially). This would be a massive challenge for Rockstar to create a real life city. The amount of detail on the buildings, the landscaping, cars etc would be a massive challenge to be created on the same realism that GTA:IV was created with.

Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010   #11
T-Virus
Obscured By Clouds

T-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura about
I don't really see why a VC remake should be such a massive challenge compared to IV. Graphics will probably be more detailed and better than IV simply because of the agespan between the games leading to more space, but I don't see a VC remake as a challenge "too big" for R* at all.

My guess is Vice city. Maybe set in modern time to surprise the fans or a visit back to the 80's.
I actually think it's a brilliant idea, if VC was to be set in 2010-11. Just because the old Vice City was in the 80's, doesn't mean that other decades can be used. And still be an equallly interesting choice.
T-Virus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010   #12
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
I wouldn't mind a Vice City in modern times, just not the 80s again, we've had two games set in Vice City in the 80s and I think they've squeezed all they can from that. Still hoping for the likes of Chicago in the 70s, or Boston or Detroit, something new to get our teeth into and to expand the GTA universe.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010   #13
MurdererMarv
Psychotic Lurker

MurdererMarv will become famous soon enoughMurdererMarv will become famous soon enoughMurdererMarv will become famous soon enoughMurdererMarv will become famous soon enoughMurdererMarv will become famous soon enoughMurdererMarv will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash_735 View Post
I wouldn't mind a Vice City in modern times, just not the 80s again, we've had two games set in Vice City in the 80s and I think they've squeezed all they can from that. Still hoping for the likes of Chicago in the 70s, or Boston or Detroit, something new to get our teeth into and to expand the GTA universe.
Yeah, Chicago in the 70's would be great. The mafia started to slowly die in the 70's, and Chicago is a place that was hit severely by the feds. I would say Late 70's Early 80's Chicago would be a great setting for GTA. Come to think of it that whole era would be good, no matter where it is set. the underworld was super dangerous during that time, you had the DeMeo Crew in Brooklyn madly killing upwards of 200 people, the Westies dying a slow painful death, Big Paul getting hit by Gotti, countless RICO investigations, and Operation PENDORF destroying Chicago's hold on the Vegas rackets. Great era.
MurdererMarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010   #14
Jake2103
Master in FAIL

Jake2103 can only hope to improve
VC in 2010-2011 would be nice, just to feel how Vice has evolved in the last 30 years and to experience Vice with the engine of IV.
Jake2103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010   #15
Classified
Top Secret

Classified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura about
Ya I kind of hope they go back to VC as well
Classified is offline   Reply With Quote