Old 03-15-2010   #1
x01660
Newbie Member

x01660 is an unknown quantity at this point
How to make your car last in chases

I was having a little too much fun today with a 4 star police chase.
I fount the best way to smash through blockades and oncoming cops so that your car lasts longer is to hit the E brake right before the impact so that you slide sideways into the other car... I used the Bullet GT in TBoGT and the Turismo in the regular... The Bullet lasted about 6 minutes. The Turismo lasted about 13 (and that was with me smashing into stuff constantly)

Stick with a Mid or Rear engine car for those collisons you can't avoid and you'll be golden.

Also if you time hitting the blockade just right, the impact will actually put your car in the direction yo were travelling with little loss to your original speed (given you were at top speed.)

It may be obvious to some, but I had no idea just how effective that maneuver is. Enjoy, and let me now how it goes for you guys. (and gals)

x01660
x01660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010   #2
ZCAB
Whipping Post

ZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to the forums, and I appreciate your contribution, but what you're basically saying is: "if you don't want your car to break from engine damage, don't damage the engine".
ZCAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010   #3
x01660
Newbie Member

x01660 is an unknown quantity at this point
That is true, but the sliding maneuver will also cause less damage to you (ejections and police shooting at you at the roadblock) and you wont lose your steering (hard impacts jack up the suspension as you probably already know).

Anyways, it was fun as hell...

And thanks for the welcome

x01660
x01660 is offline   Reply With Quote