Old 07-24-2013   #1
Tomimn

Tomimn is on a distinguished roadTomimn is on a distinguished road
Exclamation My Gta IV started Crashing!

So,ive played it for about 2 weeks or so,just fine,i have a bunch of mods installed like the executeped,the killertechnique pack,and other mods compatible with the 1.0.7.0 version of course,and they ve all been working fine until today,when after the "grand Theft Auto IV" logo,when the intro music is fading away,the game crashes ("gta iv has stopped working..looking for a solution_" bla bla bla).
Ive worked changing the compatibility,also the programm is also runnign as administrator.
Please,any ideas,im really desperate!
Tomimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013   #2
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
Just uninstall your latest installed mod, it usually happens when you did something wrong when installing a texture mod for example.
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013   #3
Tomimn

thanks,ill try that!

mmm it doesnt seem to work,i uninstalled various mods also (i only have one texture mod,and is the first thing i modded,so i dont think thats it).One thing that it ocurrs me is that i installed before the WTC mod,and i deleted cause i didnt like it,but i just deleted the files from the folder by replacing them with the originals agains,yet,this morning i uninstalled the WTC mod from the control panel,and maybe some files are missing,could that be it?

Last edited by Tomimn; 07-24-2013 at 04:03 PM.. Reason: auto-merged double post
Old 07-26-2013   #4
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
At this point it's probably hard to determain what's the cause, if you have a complete backup of gta just copy that over to your main dir. You'll still keep all your scripts, then launch the game and see if it works. If it doesn't you know for sure that it's caused by a script mod. If the game functions properly I'd say get back to modding again and from this point install them one by one. Always test the first before installing the second (unless it's something minor like a few guns at once).
Old 07-27-2013   #5
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
uninstalling the game won't clean the mods you installed, you will have to delete the game folder manually before installing a fresh copy

i7 2600k @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333 | 4GB EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX | EVGA Z68 SLI
Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013   #6
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Nite.. If you use the backup all that will remain are the script mods (since those are added files). The rest will be uninstalled since weapons, cars etc are default files you replace to install them. But yeah if you want to start fresh its better to delete everything that remains after uninstalling
Old 08-01-2013   #7
Tomimn

thanks guys,it worked,apreciate the help!