Old 12-27-2009   #1
Redleaderpat
Newbie Member

Redleaderpat is an unknown quantity at this point
HELP WITH MODS!!!

Hello everyone, I've been playing GTA IV for a while now, and I've gotten bored of the base game play. I've been wanting to install mods and have had HUGE problems trying to get mods to work. If someone could please provide step by step instructions for me to install things such as ASI Downloader and all that. I'll provide a screen shot. I basically want to know what I need to download to basically be able to download mods and what I should do like edit files and such. It would be great if I could get a response as soon as possible because this is all getting very frustrating. Could this all be a problem because I am running GTA V. 1.0.0.4? I've heard that this patch is very strict with mods. Please help!
SPECS:::

Manufacturer: Sony Corporation
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P8600 @ 2.40GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
Memory: 4062MB RAM
Hard Drive: 238 GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT
Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor
Sound Card:Speaker/HP (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6001) Service Pack 1 (6001.vistasp1_ldr.090302-1506)

Here's the image:

Thanks for reading, please reply.

~Redleaderpat

P.S. Sorry the image is so large. Also, when I remove the dsound.dll the game works fine. Please help, thanks again.

UPDATE: The game works now that I put vsprog back into the folder after deleting it by accident, BUT, it still won't work if I have dsound.dll in my folder.

Last edited by Redleaderpat; 12-28-2009 at 10:05 AM.. Reason: auto-merged double post
Redleaderpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009   #2
Redleaderpat
Newbie Member

Redleaderpat is an unknown quantity at this point
Anyone here? I'd really like some help so I can use mods and trainers. The game gets boring and I don't want to uninstall it right now, I'd like to fix this problem!
Redleaderpat is offline   Reply With Quote