Old 12-15-2009   #1
Jake2103
Master in FAIL

Jake2103 can only hope to improve
GTA IV Mods in Windows7

Hello, I'm new and I registred to vind some help about the mods for GTA IV. In Windows 7 Mods don't work very good (Vista had it too, even worse actually).
Example: I downloaded the god mod of rappo. I did exactly as the readme wanted it. I run the game and... Nothing!

So, Can someone help me?
Jake2103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009   #2
ray_p1
Newbie Member

ray_p1 is an unknown quantity at this point
dont know what to say i have windows 7 and the ones i put in all worked it is not a windows 7 issue. i would just use GTA IV Simple Native Trainer from dualCore it works for me.
ray_p1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009   #3
Jake2103
Master in FAIL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray_p1 View Post
dont know what to say i have windows 7 and the ones i put in all worked it is not a windows 7 issue. i would just use GTA IV Simple Native Trainer from dualCore it works for me.
Thanks! I will try it and see of it works.
Old 12-16-2009   #4
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
it might be the version of GTA IV you're using. are you running the latest patch?
Old 12-16-2009   #5
Jake2103
Master in FAIL

Quote:
Originally Posted by rappo View Post
it might be the version of GTA IV you're using. are you running the latest patch?
No, I will try that also.

Update: I tried Patching GTA IV with the latest patch, didn't work.

PS: If You want to know my Windows 7 type, it's Ultimate

Last edited by Jake2103; 12-16-2009 at 11:51 AM.. Reason: Followed advise, Didn't work
Old 12-18-2009   #6
Jake2103
Master in FAIL

It doesn't matter

It doesn't matter, GTA IV is also cool without God Mods or things like that I think.

PS: If you have the same problem and you've vind a solution, can you post it maybe?

Last edited by Jake2103; 12-18-2009 at 03:55 AM..
Old 12-19-2009   #7
nasser
Newbie Member

nasser is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi, new to the forums and to the whole modding business with GTA 4.

I'm also running windows 7 and can't seem to get any of the mods to work. I followed this tutorial and downloaded the "xlive.dll" file, did all the necessary steps and tried loading up the in-game trainer mod.

Nothing happened, pressed F1 hoping to get a menu screen but nothing came up.

I can provide pictures of my GTA 4 directory. (sorry for page stretch)

I also tried a player selector mod but to no avail.

I'd REALLY appreciate if someone would help me out.
nasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009   #8
nasser
Newbie Member

Ah, it seems my post was deleted?

Anyway, I'm having trouble getting mods running.

I'm on windows 7 64 bit.

Here's a pic of my directory; http://tinypic.com/r/awfhxt/6

I just need some help with all this.

Last edited by nasser; 12-19-2009 at 07:09 PM..
Old 12-20-2009   #9
.:Mouldy Punk:.

.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of
nasser, you're post wasn't deleted, it was just put in a queue to be approved by moderators. That oftne happens with people's first posts and stuff.

Welcome to the forums.

Hosted on ImgBin.Org | Happy Easter...ish
.:Mouldy Punk:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009   #10
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels
Loyal Member

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
I'm on Windows 7 and it works fine.

Make sure the ASI loader is the latest one, and that you copy the scripthook.dll's from the download into your GTA folder. There may be dsound.dll and blinkw32.dll to be included.

Make sure your GTA IV is patched to the lates one, too, a manual install may be required if the XBL interface is still buggy on W7.

One last check is to make sure that (if there is one included) that the buttons in the config file of a mod are correct with what you want.
Old 12-20-2009   #11
nasser
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Mouldy Punk:. View Post
nasser, you're post wasn't deleted, it was just put in a queue to be approved by moderators. That oftne happens with people's first posts and stuff.

Welcome to the forums.
Oh, alright. Thanks for the explanation.

Good news though

(Sorry, I couldn't resist)

I've got the mods up and running. All I did was just empty out all the files from my previous attempts, such as the dsound.dll and other .asi files I tried to get working. Placed a scripthook.dll, as well as a new dsound.dll and the trainer files. Surprisingly, it worked! Crashed a few times but that's to be expected.

I'm a happy camper.
Old 12-21-2009   #12
nasser
Newbie Member

Hi again, sorry to be a bother but I was wondering if any one knew about how to get mods working online. Not for cheating purposes, anyone who cheats is a dick and it spoils the game.

No, I just want to able to use the Construct Mod, and a Trainer in an Unranked Free Mode. Right now, whenever I try to connect to a game online it shows the loading screen for about a minute and a half before going back to the MP selection screen. No errors or anything.

I'm guessing this has something to do with files I have in the GTA 4 directory. Possibly trying to verify my files but seeing that they're modified? I don't know.

Again, I'd very much appreciate if someone with some technical expertise could help me out. Cheers.
Old 12-21-2009   #13
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
You'd need a filecheck bypass mod.

You'll probably be able to find one of those on MP Cheating sites. Good luck
Old 12-28-2009   #14
Jake2103
Master in FAIL

Hey, it's me again. I have succes in modding GTA IV by using Patch 1.0.0.4, the latest Scripthook, the dsound.dll that I still have from previous tries and the mod is The Nixo mod.

The God mod that I tried first (the Godmod of rappo) works also if you use the latest Patch, Scripthook and dsound.

With all tools you need to get the latest versions, like SparkIV.

Last edited by Jake2103; 04-24-2010 at 07:09 AM.. Reason: The Advise: Use The newest,