Old 10-31-2009   #16
KkevinCrazy

KkevinCrazy is an unknown quantity at this point
GTA Pakistan would be interesting
KkevinCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009   #17
behzad_sol
Unregistered User

behzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
I'd laugh if it ended up being Packie in Ireland or something.

Or that homeless dude who found the diamonds in Vice.
then the guy sells them and makes a real business or something like that
behzad_sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009   #18
Jay
(V) (;,,;) (V)

Jay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by KkevinCrazy View Post
GTA Pakistan would be interesting
Uninteresting.

I mean it'd be interesting to see how the muslims react to the game.
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009   #19
lillb
Casual User

lillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant future
i coulda swore some rockstar guy in a recent interview pretty much said they aren't gonna take it away from the US
lillb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009   #20
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Where'd you see this interview?
Old 10-31-2009   #21
lillb
Casual User

lillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant future
i wanna say it was the one from GTTV when they were talking about TBOGT
geoff asked something about the next one being overseas and the guy said something like no
Old 10-31-2009   #22
Russ
Dats da fact jack!

Russ is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of light
I think it was one of the Housers that stated words to the effect of it was easy to set the game in the states because of the cultural references they could parody. The interview was sometime around the release of IV. Nothing about the game being set exclisively in the US.
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009   #23
lillb
Casual User

ah ok i take it back, geoff just made a joke about GTA Dubai and the guy said no lol
carry on
Old 10-31-2009   #24
devil chevelle
guy with the worst punctuation

devil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enough
well im thinking its going to stay in america but it may not be just based off of one city they could base it off multiple citys like a kansas city detroit mash up who knows im only speculating for right now cus i cant seem to get my head around that picture. btw i hope its not france if anything i would think rockstar would put it in a city with lots of crime and usa and russia are known for there homicide rates so if anything it could be moscow or something.
devil chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009   #25
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
That's a good find as the LC poster seems clearly a parody of the "New York, I Love You" poster. I personally don't think this leans towards Paris so much though. I haven't played The Ballad much but is this movie (Liberty City, It's Over) mentioned in the game at all? Perhaps it's just a poster for a fictional movie in the game world.

Like in the other thread about this though, I do think that ripped off bit is mysterious so it could easily have more meaning.
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009   #26
flint.44
Fuhgeddaboudit!

flint.44 is just really niceflint.44 is just really niceflint.44 is just really niceflint.44 is just really niceflint.44 is just really niceflint.44 is just really niceflint.44 is just really niceflint.44 is just really niceflint.44 is just really niceflint.44 is just really niceflint.44 is just really nice
Maybe rockstar is just feeding all these conspiracy theories to throw people off, or maybe even get some laughs for themselves. I honestly don't think the next GTA game will be in france, it just wouldn't feel right.
flint.44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009   #27
KkevinCrazy

KkevinCrazy is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
Uninteresting.

I mean it'd be interesting to see how the muslims react to the game.
I think it WOULD be interesting in my oppinion. Condersing the muslim charcters in BOGT I think it would make for an interesting freshbreed of gameplay. Crime related activitys is a main of GTA and what do you get in Pakistan? You guessed it, alot of crime related activitys. Roadside bombs = The newly added sticky bombs. The auto part could still be emphasized greatly with citizen and military vehicles in caos.
KkevinCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009   #28
Tyler
Every Time Zone

Tyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud of
It just wouldn't suit the GTA style though.
Yeah, you'd have a shitload of crimes, but thats not all that GTA is about. Back in the first GTA, That's all they focused on, they didnt really bring the city, the people, or anything else out. Nowadays things have changed. If they add it to Pakistan, it would feel like another GTA1, just in 3rd person. It should defiantly stick to the USA. Personally, they should bring it back to a modern Vice City.
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009   #29
NoFate
Newbie Member

NoFate is an unknown quantity at this point
Rockstar Games chosen locales are varied but mainly stayed focused on the diverse New York city-esque Liberty city. I firmly believe they create stories based on locales they loved, could potentially be cost effective, and possessed a style that inspires them to create an original story about survival within the criminal underworld. Its important to note that an artist always creates based on inspiration, its the driving force behind their artistic decisions, for example, its no coincidence Rockstar created GTA London 1969 in parody of known criminals of the time like "The Kray Twins" and in parody of everything English. Mind you, both Houser brothers are English and at this time Rockstar has studio locales in England so that would seem to be some of the relationship between Rockstar and its games.

Like I've said they make games based on inspiration, finding beauty and style in each of the cities they have chosen to parody and in some cases becoming quite partial to home. Since Rockstar first started the main theme has been parody, create a city that resembles the real city, give it a different name, and create all the products within it based on parodies of their real life counterparts. So with this clue that they have recently released I was boggled by what it could be. It resembles the vast landscapes of San Andreas with its warm colors and what seeams to be a mountain surrounded by pine trees and water, so it must be Mt. Chiliad but thats not a clue if you instantly know what it is. There are other elements within the ad that seem suspicious, for starters, the gentleman on the bottom left of the ad is distinguished, kind of English in appearance with his Handlebar mustache and similar English attire, interesting. Next clue that caught my eye was Theatre Seagull which is in the game but as I've mentioned most, if not everything, is a parody of its real life counterparts so instantly I researched the The Seagull Theatre.

With some research with Google I ran into an actual theatre with that name located on Morton Rd in Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK. Instantly I thought of GTA London 1969, Rockstar North, Rockstar North development on GTA IV, and its record breaking success in the industry, it made sense.

Within my research I was surprised once again to find the name Excelsior in important information about Lowestoft. I was familliar with the name but didn't really know where in the game I heard it through my countless hours of play. Just some quick information about the Excelsior, its an historic smack ship (fishing vessel) in Britain that was built in 1921 on spec by John Chambers of Lowestoft, she (the ship) was bought by a local consortium to replace their 1885 smack that had been condemned, following a collision with a steamer in fog. Ironically, like the Statue of Liberty it is referred to as a female and is an official icon and symbol of the region through its history as a survivor. In fact she is considered one of the 60 most important historic ships in Britain and has started the Excelsior Trust that has been around for 25 years or more. The Excelsior Extreme 9 is a shaving razor product in GTA IV and its related to the Excelsior a vessel thats now part of the largest fleet of sail training ships in the UK.

UPDATE! WARNING SPOILER - Upon further investigation into the this clue I stumbled upon some interesting information at the end credits of The Ballad of Gay Tony. At the very end Packie McReary is seen exiting a cab carrying one of the duffel bags from the "Three Leaf Clover" bank heist mission and walking towards the entrance of the Liberty City Airport. Afterwards, at the very end, a commercial plane takes off the runway with the letters "LKJ" on the tail and a series of numbers below it. I hadn't been able to copy the numbers in time but with a little investigation into the airline code "LKJ" I was able to link similar codes to one from the UK. My method in finding the similar code was based on the idea that "two is better than one" and it had to be in similar order. The meaning behind "two is better than one" simply means if Rockstar intends to parody anything it would be as close to its real life counterpart as possible which in this case its best to have as many similar letters as possible. The city that was closest in code to Rockstar's was in Brandon, Suffolk, Uk, three hours and eight minutes away from Lowestoft by public transportation.

Update! - Now its becoming more clear that the seagull has significance. I'm quite sure that in the Niko story thread of GTA IV that the hidden birds throughout Liberty City sounded like pigeons when near their locations. In The Ballad of Gay Tony their sound have completely been changed from pigeon to seagull sounds. Why would Rockstar change the sound and thus type of bird for TBOGT? What significance is there in their decision to change the birds? I think in some way it connects to my theory of the UK being GTA's next destination.

Last edited by NoFate; 11-05-2009 at 06:51 PM.. Reason: auto-merged double post
NoFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009   #30
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFate View Post
UPDATE! WARNING SPOILER - Upon further investigation into the this clue I stumbled upon some interesting information at the end credits of The Ballad of Gay Tony. At the very end Packie McReary is seen exiting a cab carrying one of the duffel bags from the "Three Leaf Clover" bank heist mission and walking towards the entrance of the Liberty City Airport. Afterwards, at the very end, a commercial plane takes off the runway with the letters "LKJ" on the tail and a series of numbers below it. I hadn't been able to copy the numbers in time but with a little investigation into the airline code "LKJ" I was able to link similar codes to one from the UK. My method in finding the similar code was based on the idea that "two is better than one" and it had to be in similar order. The meaning behind "two is better than one" simply means if Rockstar intends to parody anything it would be as close to its real life counterpart as possible which in this case its best to have as many similar letters as possible. The city that was closest in code to Rockstar's was in Brandon, Suffolk, Uk, three hours and eight minutes away from Lowestoft by public transportation.
I find this pretty darn interesting. At the end of The Lost and Damned we saw Luis firing a gun into a skylight on top of the museum, which definitely hinted towards the story of "The Ballad of Gay Tony", so they are definitely chucking a hint in. The fact that it is Packie makes it so much more legitimate as well, at countless times throughout the GTA IV storyline (as well as while hanging out with him), he complains about America, he claims he wants to leave "cilivilisation" after he has been drinking - he wants to see Ireland. He also mentions how his life may have been different had his Grandmother migrated to Australia, a lot of Irish families did, rather than America.

If this is the case, a general theme of the series would be the "fish out of water" migrant theme. But whatever, Packie could just be moving to Boston or something, which would be pretty damn awesome anyway.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote