Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2009   #16
Sam B.
Formerly SB141

Sam B. is a jewel in the roughSam B. is a jewel in the roughSam B. is a jewel in the roughSam B. is a jewel in the roughSam B. is a jewel in the roughSam B. is a jewel in the roughSam B. is a jewel in the roughSam B. is a jewel in the roughSam B. is a jewel in the roughSam B. is a jewel in the roughSam B. is a jewel in the rough
yes, but you fall off after a few seconds, I meant staying on completely, it'd be cool if we could.
easier way to get around without getting attention from the police, and it looks fun too

360 II Sammy B II PSN Sam-B93 STEAM IISammyBII
Sam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009   #17
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Seems a lot of features announced pre-release turn out to be scripted actions designed for particular missions.
Old 11-03-2009   #18
KkevinCrazy

KkevinCrazy is an unknown quantity at this point
- I don't know if an of you guys have played Postal 2? -But the gas-tank and match weapon. Run around pooring gas and then throw the match down to ignite an inferno. Would probably make for some interesting misson requiring you to burn down a place, make a grewsome excecution or even for just plain crazyness like trapping peds in a circle of fire

- Different seasons, with the addition of terrain vehicles such as snowmachines, snowboards, four-wheelers, argos ETC.

- The return of airplanes, mountains and huge open spaces which make exploring, flying, missions and other crazyness have more depth of variation.

- Maybe some sort of rock climbing and rope climbing abilitys to go with the mountain side terrain and also for sleath tactics / missions.

- As with ohers, vehicle customization but if anything with this one feature ATLEAST: The ability to be able to pick a COLOR out of a list or a palette grapchic instead of repeatedly having to go back in and out for search of an in-peticular color passing a couple of in-game days just to find it.

- Return of the monstertruck and rediculous vehicles, jetpack.

- Maybe have older charcters such as Claude return but with a personality. Say his shyness went away or a storyline before his role in gta 3 maybe ending with him getting caught up with gangsters and them cutting his voicebox up to make sense of the no speaking in GTA 3.

- A simple Speedometer with the option to enable / dsable it within pause menu.

- A freind hangout with adrenaline activitys like skydiving, bungiejumping..Euphoria would love that stuff.

- Maybe an option to be able to see your ragdoll after you get killed in normal speed instead of slowing down beecuse there was sooo many times I wanted to see the continued path of my ragdoll, but to be cut off or slowed down to much by the grey death - Which is nice effect to resemble dying, but I think you know what I mean about wanting to see the Euphoria egine take its toll on that just-right death that causedyou to fly rapidly.

- Expand on trasportation like jetskis,go-karts, skateboarding / ability to hitch to a vehicle, bicycles, a zip-line and or harpoon with a rope attached - sort of deal.

- Mass variations of weapons like a slingshot,, flamethrowers, abilitys to pick up any feasable items as weapons. Ability to store items and or weapons in the trunk of your car.

- Euphoria related activitys

Anyways, a few fun ideas I would love to see played around with in-game.

And yes, I agree with the above post. We should have alot more in-game features rather any any overhyped 1 use features

Last edited by KkevinCrazy; 11-03-2009 at 04:32 PM..
KkevinCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009   #19
dokujitsu
GTA addict since 2001

dokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura about
Here's a simple tweak, the ability to stand on vehicles without just falling off when they move. The return of car surfing! A certain other GTA clone (which shall not be named) made a whole mini game out of it.

Remember back in the older GTAs when you could stand/crouch in the back of a pickup and just ride around shooting people? I called it the assisted drive by. Shoot the car once and hold on!

It's kind of disappointing now that if you stand on a car and it starts to move you become drunk and just fall off.
Old 11-04-2009   #20
KkevinCrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dokujitsu View Post
Here's a simple tweak, the ability to stand on vehicles without just falling off when they move. The return of car surfing! A certain other GTA clone (which shall not be named) made a whole mini game out of it.

Remember back in the older GTAs when you could stand/crouch in the back of a pickup and just ride around shooting people? I called it the assisted drive by. Shoot the car once and hold on!

It's kind of disappointing now that if you stand on a car and it starts to move you become drunk and just fall off.
Yeah, Although realistic (wouldnt be extremely easy to stand straight-up on top of a carr as it excellerates rapidly) they could probably turn down the Euphoria engines effects on the player while on top of a car pr while in the back of a truck so that you can do some drive-bys online with a friend say standing in the back of a truck with a high powered weapon. Would be awsome.
Old 11-05-2009   #21
Classified
Top Secret

Classified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura about
One thing that will really piss me off is if they put mission scoring in the next GTA. (like in TBoGT). I hated that so much!!!!. And so if they put that in a full game I will not buy GTA V or whatever it is called.
Classified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009   #22
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Mission scoring should ONLY stay if it is not required for 100% game completion or for any external rewards (achievements and trophies). I personally loathe the idea of having "scores" in any form in a sandbox game, particularly GTA. It's not a game about competition or doing things in a particular way. The more it gets dictated, the less freedom you have.

The only way I'd really wish to see mission scoring remain in future games is if the only thing achieving perfect scores could potentially do is reward you with in-game stuff (weapon spawns at safe house, etc, something like that, but only convenience stuff, nothing that would near-impossible to acquire in-game otherwise).

That said though, probably would be better IMO to keep it out all together.
Old 11-07-2009   #23
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
The thing I like about mission scoring is that it gives you the option to go and replay missions that you didn't do too perfectly, allowing you to challenge your old scores. But I agree, if you want to do a mission a different way from the usual, you should be able to (I'm fairly sure I did no mission in GTA III correctly), so I think if it gave you weapons at the hideout or secret vehicles for some of the tougher missions it would be quite good.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009   #24
yimpat
Registered Loser

yimpat is on a distinguished roadyimpat is on a distinguished road
In the next GTA I'd really like to see the protagonist have more of a personal motive for more missions than in IV. So in other words, a plot that is driven more by the character's personal stake in the situations as opposed to doing everything simply for money. GTA IV was a step in the right direction but you were still very much the middle man with little say when it came down to it.I understand it can be hard to incorporate that into a lot of the missions but if it was possible to make it more propminent throughtout and it would always be a large theme of the game. Niko's search for 'someone' took a backseat throughout pretty much only to crop up every so often.

I'd very much like to see a return to the more rurual side of SA. It this was to be included then wildlife is essential. I think that's a strong possibility since RDR is including wildlife on the same engine so they're already a step there and they did use some RDR wildlife footage in one of the BOGT news videos I believe!

Obvious expansions such as more weapons, cars, side missions/activities.

But I believe that a more personal approach to the story would be the biggest step up for me.
yimpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009   #25
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Quote:
Originally Posted by victim View Post
so I think if it gave you weapons at the hideout or secret vehicles for some of the tougher missions it would be quite good.
Well nothing actually secret IMO. I'd like to be able to acquire "secret vehicles" alternatively if I so desired. The mission replay-ability function of this feature however is something I love.
Old 11-10-2009   #26
flint.44
Fuhgeddaboudit!

flint.44 is just really niceflint.44 is just really niceflint.44 is just really niceflint.44 is just really niceflint.44 is just really niceflint.44 is just really niceflint.44 is just really niceflint.44 is just really niceflint.44 is just really niceflint.44 is just really niceflint.44 is just really nice
A broader array of melee weapons. The knife and the bat just don't cut it, I miss all the fun stuff from SA.
Old 11-10-2009   #27
KkevinCrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by flint.44 View Post
A broader array of melee weapons. The knife and the bat just don't cut it, I miss all the fun stuff from SA.
Next-Gen, purple dildo melee FTW!
Old 11-10-2009   #28
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Yes dude melee must make a miraculous return, but more like Vice City with the hardware stores and all the tools. I think the best melee for the next GTA would be an extension of how you can pick up trash stuff in the game and throw it at people, except this time would be maybe broken pieces of wood, etc. Anything laying around that could be used as a weapon. PLUS hardware stuffs, especially chainsaws. Chainsaw made GTA seem more "mature" in that, it was like SCARY.

Of course there needs to be also be some incredibly intensely detailed awesome gore if there's going to be chainsaws.
Old 11-21-2009   #29
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
-Friends should have less importance. I hate it when they call me when i'm about to do a mission.
-The game should be longer.
-There should be more things to do - tanks, planes etc.
-Also, those mission things like car surfing, using the boot etc in GTA IV - we should be able to do them outside of missions. I would love to kill people, put them in my boot, and then take them to the doctors to make some money.
-Taxi missions, police missions.
-I want a territorial game (like SA), or a business kind of game (VC or VCS).
-Give us an option to modify a car. If it's gonna be 80s VC, then the modification should not be heavy. Could just be rims + paint job.
-The ability to swim underwater. Add sea animals, and other easter eggs.
-Give us more options for the storyline. Add so many options, that you could play the storyline several times, choosing different options. And make sure it affects the whole game! Like, if you kill someone, anothe person later on will try to exact revenge for the kill.
-More memorable soundtrack.
-I know that this is a totally different 'world' to the GTA3 world, but I would love to hear some of the radio guest hosts again - Maurice Chavez especially. I ean, we already have Lazlow right?
-Weapons. Weapons were pretty boring in IV in my opinion. I want some silenced guns, a chainsaw, and loads of rare guns which spawn randomly - you would not be able to buy them in Ammunation or underground gunshops either. For example, we could get a very rare Tommy Gun or something.
-Characters; I like the 'international' thing that they're going with. I want a hardball badass englishman, as the protagonist, or the villain.
-Rockstar tried to use less famous voices and music - that NEEDS to be changed. What happened to getting people like Ray Liotta, or Bill Fichtner? If I get a badass englishman as the protagonist, I want Jason Statham. Villain - Vinnie Jones.

- Location; I really don't care. Pretty obvious that they're going to go with Vice City or San Andreas. Most likely Vice City.

grimmy is a gay icon

Last edited by oppar; 11-21-2009 at 05:20 AM..
oppar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009   #30
Amasuke
Ronin
Newbie Member

Amasuke is an unknown quantity at this point
I wish some evil badass chick was the protagonist... Like Catalina or Asuka from GTA III. It would be good to see a female main hero in GTA

Maybe a story of what did Asuka Kasen do, before coming to Liberty City, or something...
Amasuke is offline   Reply With Quote