Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2012   #241
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels
Loyal Member

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenotsogoodtrickster View Post
This is something I've always wanted to see, a spray 'n' pray feature. I wouldn't go out and call it as a fact, but is it safe to assume that the right trigger in shooting isn't really used by itself? For example, you press the left trigger to aim, and then the right trigger to shoot. Yes, you can use the right trigger to fine aim and shoot, but it's difficult to get used to the pressure sensitive thing needed.

Instead of having that, I think it would be best to have an aim from the hip feature where you can be running with your gun and provide a few shots when at close to full speed just to at least keep anyone in front of you at bay. Can also be useful when you steam round a corner and encounter numerous enemies. A few taps of the right trigger keeps them at bay (maybe hitting a few guys) and then you can duck into cover and fine aim your way through.
Just quoting a post I made quite a while ago as I think this could be a decent system to implement into GTA.

thenotsogoodtrickster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012   #242
gta4crazy1
zane

gta4crazy1 is on a distinguished roadgta4crazy1 is on a distinguished roadgta4crazy1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenotsogoodtrickster View Post
Originally Posted by thenotsogoodtrickster
This is something I've always wanted to see, a spray 'n' pray feature. I wouldn't go out and call it as a fact, but is it safe to assume that the right trigger in shooting isn't really used by itself? For example, you press the left trigger to aim, and then the right trigger to shoot. Yes, you can use the right trigger to fine aim and shoot, but it's difficult to get used to the pressure sensitive thing needed.

Instead of having that, I think it would be best to have an aim from the hip feature where you can be running with your gun and provide a few shots when at close to full speed just to at least keep anyone in front of you at bay. Can also be useful when you steam round a corner and encounter numerous enemies. A few taps of the right trigger keeps them at bay (maybe hitting a few guys) and then you can duck into cover and fine aim your way through.

Just quoting a post I made quite a while ago as I think this could be a decent system to implement into GTA..
I think this should have been mandatory before IV came out. The left trigger should be for aiming/fine-aiming and the right trigger should be straight up just for firing. just like how it works behind cover.

gta4crazy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012   #243
Russ
Custom User Title
Amateur Member

Russ is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of light
The aiming system has always been a little clunky for me. I'm not sure why, it never felt natural for me.
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012   #244
Roadnuts

Roadnuts is an unknown quantity at this point
Shooting

I don't have any serious gripes with the aiming system but, it would be pretty sweet to have a more detailed drive-by system. What if the camera angle changed and allowed a more first person feel? Not sure how it would work for driving since I usually drive using the furthest camera. Might feel awkward?
Roadnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012   #245
gtaperson

gtaperson is a jewel in the roughgtaperson is a jewel in the roughgtaperson is a jewel in the roughgtaperson is a jewel in the roughgtaperson is a jewel in the roughgtaperson is a jewel in the roughgtaperson is a jewel in the roughgtaperson is a jewel in the roughgtaperson is a jewel in the roughgtaperson is a jewel in the roughgtaperson is a jewel in the rough
I would like if the passengers could use Assault Rifles and or Shotguns during a drive-by. Since they would have both hands free, this seems possible - but maybe restrict where they can aim.
gtaperson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012   #246
gta4crazy1
zane

gta4crazy1 is on a distinguished roadgta4crazy1 is on a distinguished roadgta4crazy1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtaperson View Post
I would like if the passengers could use Assault Rifles and or Shotguns during a drive-by. Since they would have both hands free, this seems possible - but maybe restrict where they can aim.
i agree COMPLETELY

gta4crazy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012   #247
Russ
Custom User Title
Amateur Member

Russ is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtaperson View Post
I agree as well. It would be a nice to have that capability.
Old 11-05-2012   #248
J.Orlando

J.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura about
Not the most original thought here, I'm sure...

...but I hope that there will be many more explorable interiors. In particular, I hope that there are more office buildings that you can sneak around in and find cool stuff (like weapons, cash, armor, etc).

It would be cool too if you could use a camper as a save point -- and it would be VERY cool if you could move around inside of the camper itself (using it like a safehouse of sorts).

Finally, I would love to see a real bringing together of the various stealth elements available in previous games. In VC, you could use disguises to fool people into thinking that you belonged in a particular area (such as using a Cop uniform to get around in the PD.) This was gone by SA, and I think that it was a shame. There was SOME of that in GTA IV, but it only worked in missions (like the Lawyer one and the Hospital one toward the end). Finally, using shadows and sneak mode (like in the Eidos Hitman series) could add a huge and important added dimension to gameplay.

I always hated in every single GTA game how the computer KNOWS where you are! It's so dumb. And please -- NO MORE SURPRISES. They got a lot of that down with the main missions in GTA IV -- putting you behind some cover -- but not on SIDE missions. It never made any sense to me how a war-weary guy like Niko couldn't just automatically SMELL when he was about to get set up by one of Little Jacob's friends.

Being in the middle of a park with twenty dudes all shooting automatic weapons at you just wasn't that much fun. At least, until I was able to master the "run - hide - cover -blast" technique. It still wasn't FUN -- but at least I stopped getting my butt whipped every time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gta4crazy1 View Post
i agree COMPLETELY[ (with the thought of having assault rifles available to passengers in your vehicle)
And on that tip -- why not add an extra type of play like they did in L.A. Noire -- lettting YOU CHOOSE whether to be the driver or passenger when teaming up with a buddy for a job.

I loved being able to decide whether I wanted to ride shotgun, or take the wheel myself. It wasn't always a foregone conclusion that I wanted my partner to drive -- there were times when it made sense for me to be the driver. But sometimes, I wanted the chance to look around, to get a feel for a scene -- and if I had been able to pull a weapon out to shoot at an assailant, it would have been great to be able to do so.

In GTA games now, you occasionally get to be the gunman -- but you don't get to choose this in advance. More flexibility would be great.

Last edited by J.Orlando; 11-05-2012 at 04:22 PM.. Reason: auto-merged double post
J.Orlando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012   #249
p05
Newbie Member

p05 is infamous around these partsp05 is infamous around these partsp05 is infamous around these partsp05 is infamous around these parts
I would like an open wifi radio in the"indipendence FM" channel to stream your favourite web radio...
p05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012   #250
gtaperson

gtaperson is a jewel in the roughgtaperson is a jewel in the roughgtaperson is a jewel in the roughgtaperson is a jewel in the roughgtaperson is a jewel in the roughgtaperson is a jewel in the roughgtaperson is a jewel in the roughgtaperson is a jewel in the roughgtaperson is a jewel in the roughgtaperson is a jewel in the roughgtaperson is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by p05 View Post
I would like an open wifi radio in the"indipendence FM" channel to stream your favourite web radio...
What like in-game streaming of Pandora? The soundtrack would never get boring then.
Old 11-13-2012   #251
CrazyMan2389

CrazyMan2389 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'd like them to bring back taxi cab missions, and if possible I'd like them to have an optional first person view for walking....I doubt they would but it would be a nice addition to the game, and that way I could take better pictures of the game when showing friends landmarks and such. My first post by the way but I've been coming to this site and reading up on news stories since GTA Vice City came out.
CrazyMan2389 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012   #252
Russ
Custom User Title
Amateur Member

It would be nice to receive something cool for 100% completion.
Old 12-09-2012   #253
MattStar

MattStar will become famous soon enoughMattStar will become famous soon enoughMattStar will become famous soon enoughMattStar will become famous soon enoughMattStar will become famous soon enoughMattStar will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
It would be nice to receive something cool for 100% completion.

This is what inspired me to beat VC 100%.

Anyway, I'm not sure if anyone has said this, but I think would be sweet was if the radio broadcasters would comment on the weather. For example, if it were a rare rainy day in Los Santos, the DJ would say some unique dialogue about the weather. That would be cool.
MattStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012   #254
Russ
Custom User Title
Amateur Member

Well seeing that there will be a submarine, a jet(s?),and scuba gear what else could we possibly see? I mean I never really thought we would get a freaking sub so there isn't too much that could be out of the question.
Old 12-29-2012   #255
gtaperson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
Well seeing that there will be a submarine, a jet(s?),and scuba gear what else could we possibly see? I mean I never really thought we would get a freaking sub so there isn't too much that could be out of the question.
I'm hoping for a military speedboat with mounted weapons.