Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto Mods > Grand Theft Auto IV Mods
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2009   #16
DiscoBombs

DiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the rough
Definitely downloading this! Extremely high wanted level just isn't enough chaos for me anymore, cannot thank you enough for creating this mod!
DiscoBombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009   #17
Ironhide
- Ambient Wars Creator

Ironhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoBombs View Post
Definitely downloading this! Extremely high wanted level just isn't enough chaos for me anymore, cannot thank you enough for creating this mod!
Yep and the default world virtually shuts down the city, traffic mysteriously goes missing / replaced by cop cars like an ocean.

One of my intentions was to create a seriously dangerous, threatening environment for the cops too. Thugs are flagged to hate cops as they're created. And since they are set to criminal relationship group, the cops automatically hate them. Love seeing cops suddenly stop worrying about my minor traffic violation because an AK47 is blasting rounds inbound on their heads. Fun stuff.

Stability is an issue but it's getting better over time. I've got a lot of stuff going on and this is my 1st attempt at scripting GTA4. Definitely interesting.
Ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009   #18
DiscoBombs

DiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the rough
Hm, having a bit of a problem.

I start up the game, find a good defendable position to start from, and activate the script. A few seconds later it crashes, all that's in my ambientwars psycho logic log is this:

------------------------------------------------------
11/2/2009 11:52:07 PM - Starting up.
Ambient Wars v1.0.0.14 - BETA
11/2/2009 11:52:07 PM - [F][E] PsychoLogic()-> (PsychoLogic) The War is Starting...

Any ideas? I can post PC specs/game settings if needed. The only thing I can think of that could cause a problem is I'm on Windows 7 as opposed to Vista.
Old 11-02-2009   #19
Ironhide
- Ambient Wars Creator

Ironhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enough
v1.0.0.16 is being posted in a couple seconds.

Quote:
Hm, having a bit of a problem.

I start up the game, find a good defendable position to start from, and activate the script. A few seconds later it crashes, all that's in my ambientwars psycho logic log is this:

11/2/2009 11:52:07 PM - Starting up.
Ambient Wars v1.0.0.14 - BETA
11/2/2009 11:52:07 PM - [F][E] PsychoLogic()-> (PsychoLogic) The War is Starting...

Any ideas? I can post PC specs/game settings if needed. The only thing I can think of that could cause a problem is I'm on Windows 7 as opposed to Vista.
Unfortunately the log files are only partially useful in that some types of crashes are beneath the script layer traps so they can't bubble through (and be caught and logged).

However I've been further refining a bunch of stuff and v1.0.0.16 is the most stable I've played yet so maybe it'll be better for you as well.

Last edited by Ironhide; 11-02-2009 at 10:13 PM.. Reason: Fixed a Typo
Old 11-03-2009   #20
Hypertenzion
Newbie Member

Hypertenzion is an unknown quantity at this point
Just tried v1.0.0.16 this morning. It is alot more stable, but not perfect
I was able to play for about 5-10 minutes (very fun! )
I am gonna post the error log later.
Hypertenzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009   #21
Ironhide
- Ambient Wars Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypertenzion View Post
Just tried v1.0.0.16 this morning. It is alot more stable, but not perfect
I was able to play for about 5-10 minutes (very fun! )
I am gonna post the error log later.
Excellent! Just finished up attempt number 2 at CarCrews. Threw away the idea of using game-generated cars and replacing the occupants to directly replacing the car and custom occupants. It's done in such a way as to be entirely unnoticable. It snatches the underlying car model of a randomly chose car using previous lookahead code, then replaces it with the same model and executes crew code. I may make a list of crew models so the cars used by crews is customizable just like the thug models. Anyway just a thought.
Old 11-03-2009   #22
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
This seems alot more stable overall, no sudden crashes and the car crew crashes seem to be gone for now. Hopefully it's going to stay that way

And yeah, i just love the police response to the generated psycho's. You aren't the entire world anymore for them

During the firefight, if i wasn't being tailed by a helicopter there were times when i went into the Hidden Gray Star moment. Police will pretty much forget about you occasionally if the action gets out of control.

Right now i'm abusing the Call Backup function and 9111 call's to spawn police into the deal. I'd love to see a N.O.O.S.E. Response team out of the blue someday
Old 11-03-2009   #23
Hypertenzion
Newbie Member

Hypertenzion is an unknown quantity at this point
1.0.0.17 seems to be stable!
I have been playing for about 30 minutes and no crash so far. I pushed the game, so I hope this stability keeps it's "promise".
Thx Ironhide for your mod. It's very nice! :-)
Hypertenzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009   #24
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Spoke too soon :p

I'm still crashing. But now it's pretty much depends on the game startup.

One time you might crash after 2 - 9 minutes with the Car Crews error.

Another time it's impossible to crash no matter how much or what you do. Also i'd like to know if the shutdown still works for the mod or if it's disabled for now.

In previous version you could press F9 and the action stopped, no regeneration and no thugs / car crews spawning.

Now if i try to press F9 : The War is Ending but Car Crews still spawn and Thugs still spawn to chop down everything in sight. The regeneration is disabled and the random chaos still occurs

--
This is everything under Graphics set to 1 and minimum as possible, 100ms throttle for both Player and Thug alike. If it's CPU related why my PC is tripping all over itself i'll have to move onto a i7 or high end Quad Extreme. Or set the throttle in the 5000 range
Old 11-03-2009   #25
Ironhide
- Ambient Wars Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan View Post
Spoke too soon :p

I'm still crashing. But now it's pretty much depends on the game startup.

One time you might crash after 2 - 9 minutes with the Car Crews error.

Another time it's impossible to crash no matter how much or what you do. Also i'd like to know if the shutdown still works for the mod or if it's disabled for now.

In previous version you could press F9 and the action stopped, no regeneration and no thugs / car crews spawning.

Now if i try to press F9 : The War is Ending but Car Crews still spawn and Thugs still spawn to chop down everything in sight. The regeneration is disabled and the random chaos still occurs

--
This is everything under Graphics set to 1 and minimum as possible, 100ms throttle for both Player and Thug alike. If it's CPU related why my PC is tripping all over itself i'll have to move onto a i7 or high end Quad Extreme. Or set the throttle in the 5000 range
Yes it's possible to still see this particular crash occasionally. I am looking into it.

The clean-up code is broken and so is the toggle off. These are side effects of the changes I've been making to the crew and thug code. I'll add them to the known issues.

You should not need more than 100ms throttle. In fact I believe the default of 50ms should be perfect for just about any class of machine. It's simply giving the game slices of time back after the script does heavy work so it's scattered throughout the code strategically to prevent the script from taking control and leaving a game that is jerky and crappy.
Old 11-04-2009   #26
DiscoBombs

1.0.0.17 is stable if I'm just driving around. However things such as walking or running people over (things that make Euphoria do extra work I guess) usually causes the game to crash for me. I was surprised that was stable regardless of whether or not I was using InGameTrainer 1.9.0.

Could you maybe on an upcoming release add an optional dll that would make it more like GTAIII's mayhem code where everyone is armed and highly dangerous?
Old 11-04-2009   #27
Ironhide
- Ambient Wars Creator

Quote:
1.0.0.17 is stable if I'm just driving around. However things such as walking or running people over (things that make Euphoria do extra work I guess) usually causes the game to crash for me. I was surprised that was stable regardless of whether or not I was using InGameTrainer 1.9.0.

Could you maybe on an upcoming release add an optional dll that would make it more like GTAIII's mayhem code where everyone is armed and highly dangerous?
There are a couple particular recurring problems that are being worked on.

As far as arming everyone I could probably just add that as an additional option to use. General stability is a much bigger concern at the moment.
Old 11-05-2009   #28
zerofreeze

zerofreeze is on a distinguished roadzerofreeze is on a distinguished road
Using GTA IV 1.0.4.0 and ScriptHookDotNet v0.893

4-11-2009 17:44:27 - Starting up.
Ambient Wars v1.0.0.17 - BETA
4-11-2009 17:44:27 - ThugLogic.Include = True
4-11-2009 17:44:27 - [F][E] ThugLogic()-> (ThugLogic) The War is Starting...
4-11-2009 17:44:28 - ThugLogic()-> ToggleAmbientWar()-> ThugLogic will be included.
4-11-2009 17:44:28 - ThugLogic()-> ToggleAmbientWar()-> Loading Thug Model List...
4-11-2009 17:44:28 - ThugLogic()-> LoadThugModelList()-> Loading AmbientWarsGangModelListSample.txt
4-11-2009 17:44:28 - ThugLogic()-> LoadThugModelList()-> Total Thug Models Available = 44
4-11-2009 17:44:33 - ThugLogic()-> CreateCarCrews()-> Chance Hit. Creating a ThugDriver
4-11-2009 17:44:33 - ThugLogic()-> CreateCarCrews()-> PlayerHeading = 263.5333
4-11-2009 17:44:33 - ThugLogic()-> CreateCarCrews()-> AlteredHeading = 261.5333
4-11-2009 17:44:33 - ThugLogic()-> CreateCarCrews()-> BufferAhead = 97
4-11-2009 17:44:33 - ThugLogic()-> CreateCarCrews()-> BufferAheadRadius = 45
4-11-2009 17:44:33 - ThugLogic()-> CreateCarCrews()-> Got a Car for replacement.
4-11-2009 17:44:33 - ThugLogic()-> CreateCarCrews()-> Chance hit. The ThugDrive will has some sort of task sequence created below.
4-11-2009 17:44:33 - ThugLogic()-> CreateCarCrews()-> Created a new Thug Car.
4-11-2009 17:44:33 - ThugLogic()-> GetRandomThugModel()-> Returning a Model: M_Y_GMaf_Lo_01
4-11-2009 17:44:34 - [F][E] ThugLogic()-> CreateCarCrews()-> RemoteEvent 'NativeInvoke' threw a System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory during remote call to native function 'CREATE_CHAR_INSIDE_CAR'!
zerofreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009   #29
Ironhide
- Ambient Wars Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerofreeze View Post
Using GTA IV 1.0.4.0 and ScriptHookDotNet v0.893

4-11-2009 17:44:27 - Starting up.
Ambient Wars v1.0.0.17 - BETA
4-11-2009 17:44:27 - ThugLogic.Include = True
4-11-2009 17:44:27 - [F][E] ThugLogic()-> (ThugLogic) The War is Starting...
4-11-2009 17:44:28 - ThugLogic()-> ToggleAmbientWar()-> ThugLogic will be included.
4-11-2009 17:44:28 - ThugLogic()-> ToggleAmbientWar()-> Loading Thug Model List...
4-11-2009 17:44:28 - ThugLogic()-> LoadThugModelList()-> Loading AmbientWarsGangModelListSample.txt
4-11-2009 17:44:28 - ThugLogic()-> LoadThugModelList()-> Total Thug Models Available = 44
4-11-2009 17:44:33 - ThugLogic()-> CreateCarCrews()-> Chance Hit. Creating a ThugDriver
4-11-2009 17:44:33 - ThugLogic()-> CreateCarCrews()-> PlayerHeading = 263.5333
4-11-2009 17:44:33 - ThugLogic()-> CreateCarCrews()-> AlteredHeading = 261.5333
4-11-2009 17:44:33 - ThugLogic()-> CreateCarCrews()-> BufferAhead = 97
4-11-2009 17:44:33 - ThugLogic()-> CreateCarCrews()-> BufferAheadRadius = 45
4-11-2009 17:44:33 - ThugLogic()-> CreateCarCrews()-> Got a Car for replacement.
4-11-2009 17:44:33 - ThugLogic()-> CreateCarCrews()-> Chance hit. The ThugDrive will has some sort of task sequence created below.
4-11-2009 17:44:33 - ThugLogic()-> CreateCarCrews()-> Created a new Thug Car.
4-11-2009 17:44:33 - ThugLogic()-> GetRandomThugModel()-> Returning a Model: M_Y_GMaf_Lo_01
4-11-2009 17:44:34 - [F][E] ThugLogic()-> CreateCarCrews()-> RemoteEvent 'NativeInvoke' threw a System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory during remote call to native function 'CREATE_CHAR_INSIDE_CAR'!
1 cause (possibly more) of this has been identified and resolved in the next release.
Old 11-07-2009   #30
Latetzki
Newbie Member

Latetzki is an unknown quantity at this point
Game crashes after about ~15sec from activating...
Latetzki is offline   Reply With Quote