Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto Mods > Grand Theft Auto IV Mods
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2010   #196
Ironhide
- Ambient Wars Creator

Ironhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enough
Mess around with the hotkey poller and change some too make sure that's working properly there.

Just hit esc to close the poller after chosing a combo and it'll be i clipboard to enter in one of the settings for hotkey

I figured but he's usually good at updating the page. He told me about the release quite a number of hours earlier today I figured he was about to update the page. Guess not.

Anyway i just changed Turbo to use he capslock key so I can just tap it. going to confirm it's working.
Ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010   #197
motorsport71
Teach Me Wise Ones, Leave Me Alone Stupid Ones

motorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enough
OMG this configuration editor is the shit! I've been testing one at a time, first car crews, then thugs, now mayhem, then onto player....
motorsport71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010   #198
Ironhide
- Ambient Wars Creator

Ironhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enough
Well it's functional. Ugly as shit, but it works. I didn't spend a lot of time on the layout or anything else. Just made it do a minimum amount to be useful. I usually go way overboard when creating editors and interfaces. Not this time. Maybe later.

It crashed here after awhile althuogh nothing had stopped working so I'm about to run it with PlayerAssist turned off and see. I also just added a bit more logic to an idle member outside a car since I took out the AI core until I look at it. If this little piece hits a member now has a chance of instead of just going ape shit on his mates, he may actually snatch a nearby car and just get the hell out of there. Going to see if it's working.
Old 08-12-2010   #199
motorsport71

motorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enough
cool. Hey, it's whats on the inside that counts. This editor rocks, plain and simple. Now that i have all my chaos organized systematically i can see what happens if turn them all on...
Old 08-12-2010   #200
Ironhide
- Ambient Wars Creator

Not all the properties are implemented again yet in the new project, although a ton of them are.
Old 08-12-2010   #201
motorsport71

okay, all working well except the carcrews statue issue. I did try the "reloadscripts" command in the scripthook window for the hell of it and it seemed to reset the problem without having to get out of GTA and restart it. I'll have to try again on another run. I'm going to leave my computer on again tonight with gta running with AW. In the morning, if it hasn't crashed, I will try the "reloadscripts" command and see if it brings the car crews back to life. I think the statue problem may not be associated with time, but number of respawns over DEAD CarCrew Members. If i hunt them specifically it seems i get statues a lot quicker than when i casually kill them / let them die.

AW made another successful through the night run. the everything was working except for when car crews left the cars they became statues. There were a three random peds that were statues in my immediate area and one ragdoll affect, after that i didn't run into any. The red car crew leader isn't braindead anymore, he's doing great to attack. After i confirmed all car crews i attacked were statues, i did the "reloadscripts" command and voila... everybody was fine. If that helps.

Last edited by motorsport71; 08-13-2010 at 05:33 AM.. Reason: auto-merged double post
Old 08-13-2010   #202
Ironhide
- Ambient Wars Creator

ReloadScripts reinitializes all scripts. It re-reads the scripts folder and loads what it finds. It's the same thing it does automatically when the game loads initially. It's not something intended for normal use, however it is useful to reset a test or reload changes when deveoping.
Old 08-13-2010   #203
motorsport71

i wasn't sure if something that reset in the scripts that cleared the car crews statue issue might have helped with the problem or maybe gave you an idea how to deal with the problem via internal reset of car crews script only since all other modules are working properly. If the blips are off nobody would notice a brief peroid without them. I'm sure your going to nail the issue without a reset, it was just a passing thought.
Old 08-13-2010   #204
Ironhide
- Ambient Wars Creator

Nope the ReloadScripts command is useful as a debug or reset tool but the statue problem is, or should be, a code problem (me) somewhere, most likely a memory leak by errant objects either being duplicated or unintentionally orphaned. I was analyzing the car crew CreateHavok code and found and fixed a critical bug that was easily done and easily missed. No idea if it'll resolve that issue, but it was an issue so it should be fixed. Going to test soon to see.
Old 08-13-2010   #205
motorsport71

If you found it, get me the build and i'll start testing later tonight for statues and overall stability over time. I'll also keep in mind not to play with the config editor so i don't reset it.
Old 08-13-2010   #206
Ironhide
- Ambient Wars Creator

The latest build is at your normal link. Haven't had a chance to see if the fix I made relates to statues yet or not. Also added a vector dump function so can start building routes of interest to be plugged up to thug tasks later, like driving to a police HQ and attacking anything near it. But could be anything.
Old 08-13-2010   #207
motorsport71

i got the new build, i am going to let it run while I have to go out for a couple hours with the inlaws. We'll see when i get back if the problem is okay and if the game is still running okay / hasn't crashed. I'll post update later.
Old 08-13-2010   #208
Ironhide
- Ambient Wars Creator

1h30m... I went and watched a nasa dvd for an hour and came back it was still running (that has never happened it's always crashed) so I absolutely tortured it for another 30 minutes. Went so crazy I died 4 times and that is with car and player regeneration turned on. I did finally start to see some glitches, including finally seeing the "raiining peds" phenom, but it's a lot better shape than ever. It has always crashed here, randomly over time, always within 30 minutes with everything turned on. I think it's because this machine is uber and everything is always running at maximum potential, so problems pile up faster, memory leaks happen faster, and crashes happen faster. But there was finally no crash so the most recent fix I made was a significant improvement in the right direction.

I must still have a leak somewhere, but it's a LOT slower and it might not even be in Car Crews it could be in one of the other ones don't know. But this is a good result. A very good result.

Updated:

1 thing you'll notice probably is car crews no longer sit in their car for eternity when bumping up against immovables or otherwise have their car in a jam. I added somre new code the my rogue scenario that tests to see the speed of their current car and if it's less than 2mph it forces it to kick in, so you should see them behaving much smarter now when they get their car stuck.

I also just did an experiment with the vector dumps I saved earlier. I wanted to see if TaskSequences were working better yet so I made a route around the block of the initial spawn, including going into the little deli on the end of the corner and then coming back up and stopping in the middle of the street. I then remarked out the rogue logic and instead iterated the vectors i saved. The result: When crew members bailed from their cars because it was detected to be to slow, instead of going nuts or using the other branches, instead I had an army of jogging car crew members (about 15 at one point) running the route I assigned and the end of the task sequence is a FightAgainstHatedTargets so the ones that made it to the end of the route had a lot of fodder to shoot at. I couldn't help laughing that was pretty fun to see. It did eventually crash with an error related to TaskSequence. Don't know yet if that's my doing or a core SHDN issue rwith no null ex traps yet but I'll put in a few more checks in my code and see if it makes any difference.

Updated:

Wound up doing quite a bit more in it. Added another set of properties too including blip scales and there's a new property class for the car selector. Only property in that so far is SpawnToGround boolean. I'll update the link with the latest build. The blipscales are much nicer now. You can see more of the true number of things actually being created and they also don't hide mission blips anymore since missions use default scaling.

Last edited by Ironhide; 08-13-2010 at 09:45 PM..
Old 08-13-2010   #209
motorsport71

i just ran 6 hours, from 5:47 til 11:44, and no crash. When i got home there were 3 car crews that had bailed around me and were all statues. BUT when i started driving around and they started spawning again only about 40-50% jumped out as statues at first, the others reacted as expected. They did seem to become more and more frequent as i hunted them down, again i can't be sure if it matters if it is the number of times we, the player, kill them vs the computer killing them. Still functioning car crew members is a first considering they were always all statues by 40 minutes to an hour. i'm checking the link now. BTW: I'm not sure the invulnerability is working, i keep dying.

wow, noticed the car crews are definately acting much smarter when stuck. i have my traffic density up so when there is pileup they get stuck easy enough. I like the smaller blips too. Nice touch, it does make it a lot easier to see whats going on.

Last edited by motorsport71; 08-13-2010 at 10:07 PM.. Reason: auto-merged double post
Old 08-13-2010   #210
Ironhide
- Ambient Wars Creator

I'm going to look at adding an AutoSleepDuringMissions option so it will simply skip and bail creation quietly and without problems in the background when the Player is on a mission, and when done it should automatically start up again. It'll be the exact same process that happens now when player loses control of character. If the property to detect it is working correctly this will solve a tremendous pain, should fix all mission related crashes and make AW a better background mod since you wouldn't have to turn it on and off between missions. We'll see if it works.