Old 08-11-2010   #181
motorsport71
Teach Me Wise Ones, Leave Me Alone Stupid Ones

motorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enough
got it... running it now
motorsport71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010   #182
Ironhide
- Ambient Wars Creator

Ironhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enough
Going to look into the brain dead leader issue.
Ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010   #183
motorsport71

motorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enoughmotorsport71 will become famous soon enough
Iron, 31 minute run no problems perfect stability. I even boosted my vehicle density from 30 to 75 to help them spawn faster. I wonder if vehicle density matters? If you can since car crews just worked fine, for that run anyway, send me a quick config with Mayhem and thugs on. I 'll go stand on a roof top and let the city rip itself apart tonight and run xliveless logger. If anything goes wrong i'll know. I just hope i don't lose power. It's storming.
Old 08-11-2010   #184
Ironhide
- Ambient Wars Creator

Ironhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enoughIronhide will become famous soon enough
Try it with everything on. The Mayhem is using the same restriction now. Again its most likely a random crash we can't do a damn thing about since there is zero data / log info at any of the layers about it. Just use the previous scripts link the file was updated.
Old 08-11-2010   #185
motorsport71

got it, going to start it up. if it runs okay for at least 20 or so i'm going to leave it run over night. I'll get the results back to you tomorrow. The whole working for a living thing really sucks.
Old 08-11-2010   #186
Ironhide
- Ambient Wars Creator

The statues are back so I've got a leak somewhere. I left it running and went and had a malt. I wont have time to do much with it over the coming days. Not like I have been anyway. Busy schedule starting.
Old 08-12-2010   #187
motorsport71

I didn't get statues. I started it up last night, made sure it didn't crash, and went to bed. When i checked it 6 hours and 40 minutes later... everything was in full swing! There wasn't too much action going on where i left my guy, just thugs killing peds and a TON of blown up vehicles, but as soon as i fell to my death and spawned at the hospital everything was in full swing! No statues, everybody was shooting, even carCrews were functioning fine!
Old 08-12-2010   #188
Ironhide
- Ambient Wars Creator

Then I must have induced a leak with a set of changes I made last night while tired. I'll look at it when get a chance.

That is awesome that it went so long and didnt ( A ) crash and ( B ) create statues. Maybe the recent addition of model restrictions did have a positive impact. The problem with scooping up vehicles in the world is obvious. There are many things which are in fact GTA.Vehicles but are not something that can be used and treated as a normal vehicle, and I have no way to know which ones fall into that category, especially with addons I don't have yet.

The Subway is the best example. I remember doing an experiment awhile back where I had the code randomly choosing vehicles as I was walking along and pressing a key zipped me into the vehicle driver seat. I happen to be under the railway at one point, and the train happen to be coming along so when I pressed the key, BLAMO I was sitting in the DRIVER seat of the Subway train zipping down the tracks. The game didn't crash but it was obvious from the way the camera was freaking out it was not something the game expected to handle

Updated:

Just got a note from Haz the SHDN 1.7.1.6 just went public. The official forum thread isn't updated yet but that should happen in the next few minutes probably.

Last edited by Ironhide; 08-12-2010 at 09:26 AM..
Old 08-12-2010   #189
motorsport71

you couldn't have imagined my surprise when i got up and came downstairs to still hear screams and gunshots over the speakers, i had the monitor off. There weren't any carcrews in the area but there weren't any useable vehicles either. (just lots of blown up vehicles) As soon as i died (my dumbass jumped off the building and thought i'd survive the fall) and respawned all hell broke loose again. I played for about five minutes (with all carnage working perfectly) before i posted and shut down. I am going to play for an hour or so before i go to dinner tonight with the father- in- law, i'll be gone for a couple hours so i can leave it run while i am gone. We'll see if i can duplicate last nights PHENOMINAL run. I was all goosebumps this morning.

okay, i just ran again. There are no crashes and everthing is running good, but you said you got statues. I ran around this morning and everthing was fine but i didn't manage to take down any car crews. I started getting car crew statues at 30 minutes (by 55 minutes they were all statues). The code cleaned them up though so they would respawn a functional crew again but once shot out of the car, or a broken down crew, would become statues. No crashes though, very solid.

Last edited by motorsport71; 08-12-2010 at 05:11 PM.. Reason: auto-merged double post
Old 08-12-2010   #190
Ironhide
- Ambient Wars Creator

k I haven't looked at the changes last night yet because I've been focused on getting a new property system in place. I'm tracking down issues with it right now but as soon as that is working there will be a config editor finally and I'll start in on tracking down the statue issue.

Updated:

I've removed the AI and am in the process of seeing if can normalize the code to pre AI state. Once that is done then it'll be functioning it just won't have thinking beyond knowing if the crews are not in a car and are idle, as before.

Parts of the AI are working great but parts are not and it's dorking up everything so it's simply disabled because right now being able to change some of the properties is more important so the editor got focus.

Not all the properties are implemented again yet but the editor is working and will be in the next build I post for you. When I confirm things are normalized I'll post it and shoot a message.

Updated:

Ok i think the leader issue is fixed for now. Just need to confirm everything is ok with all turned on and really cranked up. And part of your testing can be to run it, turn it on, see them, turn itt off, tab out, use the editor to adjust the crew, thug and mayhem numbers, save it, tab back, reload using ReloadScripts in the console and then turn it on and confirm the changes took effect.

Last edited by Ironhide; 08-12-2010 at 07:48 PM..
Old 08-12-2010   #191
motorsport71

alright, let me know when your ready.
Old 08-12-2010   #192
Ironhide
- Ambient Wars Creator

We have another first. For the 1st time in the history of Ambient Wars, Car Crews, Street Thugs, Mayhem and full Player Assist was enabled and with big numbers. I only played for probably 20 minutes, but that is by far longer than has ever been possible. I'm going to make the package rfor you right now.

Updated:

Check messages. You will definitely need to tone down the numbers but run it for a couple minutes then do what requested above.
Old 08-12-2010   #193
motorsport71

i grabbed SHDN 1.7.1.6 from a public forum already
http://dl.megamods.de/83
Old 08-12-2010   #194
Ironhide
- Ambient Wars Creator

Ok good it hadn't been posted earlier yet so wasn't sure if it was updated. The same location I just sent will work.

Hmm it still shows .5 what thread are you refer.

Going to load up and run it full blast with everything and see how stable it really is.

Interesting well he hasn't updated his actual support thread yet.

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=392325
Old 08-12-2010   #195
motorsport71

yeah, i was going to mention that. The file is right, the page isn't updated.