Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV > The Ballad of Gay Tony
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2009   #16
2657canes

2657canes is an unknown quantity at this point
I finished it tonight. It seems shorter than TLAD for some reason, maybe because I blasted through it, but whatever.

I really liked the characters in this one, a LOT more than the dirtbag bikers, but I also feel that the writers dropped the ball in this one in some places as there are quite a few loose ends and extraneous crap. I also think that the final mission of TBOGT may be the most anticlimactic one in history. It doesnt feel like a game ender. During the final cutscene, I kept waiting to be attacked.

Yusuf is f'in awesome.

Before the last quarter of the game, I was leaning towards this being stronger than TLAD, but now that its over, I cant say that. The chopper missions get annoying + there are wayyy too many loose ends IMO.
2657canes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009   #17
Evelyn
Newbie Member

Evelyn is an unknown quantity at this point
I bought it yesterday, so far so good, I like the base jump thing, but i still dont get how to dance
Evelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009   #18
KkevinCrazy

KkevinCrazy is an unknown quantity at this point
I loved it. To me it brought back more of the classic crazyness GTA's had previously. The missions are intense in this one with the new additions.
KkevinCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009   #19
ChiTheDesigner
First-hour Fanatic

ChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enoughChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enoughChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enoughChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enoughChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enoughChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enoughChiTheDesigner will become famous soon enough
Played it. Finished it. Liked it.

Compared to Niko and Johnny I liked Niko best, but Johnny and Luis have interesting personalities.
The game does seem a bit short though - but that's just because after the story missions, there aren't that much quality things to do left in the game.

I'd like to see more variation. Not that there isn't any variation in BOGT. There's a lot. Just more, really. Go bonkers with it.

ChiTheDesigner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009   #20
Hell Inferno X2
I'm Batman

Hell Inferno X2 will become famous soon enoughHell Inferno X2 will become famous soon enoughHell Inferno X2 will become famous soon enoughHell Inferno X2 will become famous soon enoughHell Inferno X2 will become famous soon enoughHell Inferno X2 will become famous soon enoughHell Inferno X2 will become famous soon enough
I liked it. However, it felt very short, even shorter than TLAD. The story could have been a bit better and there could have been more character development with Luis. The ending did not feel intense enough.
Hell Inferno X2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009   #21
Russ
Dats da fact jack!
Amateur Member

Russ is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of light
I just finished it, and I have to say that I really liked it. I think the DLCs were tests as to what could be done with the new platforms and engine. Which can only mean that the next release is going to be great.
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009   #22
baleent
Banned
Banned

baleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished road
It was great. I think most people are going to disagree with me, but the Buzzard has to be one of the best GTA vehicles ever. So agile and shit.

Last night I went into a club and won 2 champagne drink offs and then went downstairs and had a couple shots. After the second shot, Luis started throwing up and passed out, with a prompt telling me I had drank too much. The screen faded to black and I ended up laying down in some dumpster in the middle of Star Junction. Has anyone else experienced this? I don't know if it was in the original game, but it's a great touch.
baleent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009   #23
marcus129
GTA IV pwns
Newbie Member

marcus129 can only hope to improve
I think it's a great game. Only downside really is that you can't ask girls out on dates and you only have two friends. I think they should have upgraded the physics a bit in the multiplayer becuase i often get killed when I'm going about 10 MPH on a bike and fall off then loose half my health,also the the bullet recognition in multiplyer NEEDs to be upgraded big time...it takes ages for a bullet to register and even then if your running and your target is dead on,you often find that you bullets dissappear...this also happens wioth the Buzzard's Missiles sometimes.

But apart from that it's an exelent game...i like the Club Management most of all i think. It's the little things that made this game for me.
marcus129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009   #24
blood

blood is an unknown quantity at this point
it was as good as l&d so i liked it
blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010   #25
diiE
Newbie Member

diiE is an unknown quantity at this point
the multiplayer is annoying but other than that its ok i hate when ppl get buzzard and blow u up wtf and exploding sotty and sniper well sniper ok but shotty is annoying not happy with exploding stuff but the sticky bombs are the shit
diiE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010   #26
ccalby
Newbie Member

ccalby is an unknown quantity at this point
Best GTA ever in my opinion, I love the choppers (L)
ccalby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010   #27
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccalby View Post
Best GTA ever in my opinion, I love the choppers (L)
Choppers as in Bikes? If so that's TLAD not TBOGT.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010   #28
lillb
Casual User

lillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant future
Or choppers like helicopters? If so that's TBOGT not TLAD.