Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV > The Ballad of Gay Tony
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-28-2009   #1
Hizzy321
Legalize Weed!

Hizzy321 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation TELL ME WHAT YOU THIN OF TBoGT!!

If you have bought The Ballad of Gay Tony and have played it leave a post about what you think of the game!

One love to all brothas and sistas
Smoke da magic herb
Add me on Xbox Live if you want to
GT: Crazy Devilbwoy
Hizzy321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009   #2
TimBud
Clarkson for PM

TimBud is infamous around these partsTimBud is infamous around these parts
I really like it so far.
Soundtrack is a welcome change for me, and stuff that I'll actually turn up rather than turn off.
Only done a few missions and they're all satisfyingly intense.

If you're expecting new things there's only the weapons and cars really. The game itself is more of the same with different characters.

I had a quick session on mulitplayer and the new sniper rifle (forget its name) is awesome for that. The base jumping is cool too.

TimBud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009   #3
Tommy619

Tommy619 is on a distinguished roadTommy619 is on a distinguished roadTommy619 is on a distinguished road
I hated the soundtrack on GTAIV and it put me off playing it quite alot.
Is there anything new about it that justify's buying it apart from cars and weapons ?
Tommy619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009   #4
Vini
Mustafo is coming!

Vini is a name known to allVini is a name known to allVini is a name known to allVini is a name known to allVini is a name known to allVini is a name known to allVini is a name known to allVini is a name known to allVini is a name known to allVini is a name known to allVini is a name known to all
So far Satchel Charges and the parachute is fun as hell. Also you start to dance every time you walk into a club.
Old 10-29-2009   #5
Ketil
aka Frank Black

Ketil is on a distinguished roadKetil is on a distinguished roadKetil is on a distinguished road
I tried the new helicopter (Buzzard) in multiplayer. It is bad ass - shooting rockets and a machine gun aswell. I also found a cool police-bike and a new super fast police car (I think it was called a Police Stinger). TBoGT is a 100 times better than TLAD because of all the new cars, helicopters, weapons and basejumping - which is very cool.
Ketil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009   #6
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
The weapons are good, the activities and the clubs are good, but honestly, to me, the music is shit, the characters are annoying and I just lack motivation to continue the story at the moment, the grading system is harsh on first time players, Radio Stations have been fucked up apart from San Juan and K109, friends now call you again and ask for dates (BOO!) and overall this just isn't my thing.

I prefer The Lost and Damned a lot more compared to this, but apparently this is what GTA players want, so, I'm in a minority here but apart from the weapons and cars, and possibly the clubs, everything else just annoys me in this episode up to now, it's all bimbos, glitz, glam, paparazzi, brothers of other characters appearing from nowhere and just, well, night club overdose, but that's what this episode is about and sadly for me, I'll push on through til the end.

Oh, and the fight club is good to, as well as Luis' mobile phone.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009   #7
nikobellic

nikobellic is an unknown quantity at this point
I only had a small taste of it last night. I like what I see so far though, apart from playing the intro missions (which were cool) I stuffed around. I went back to one of the clubs and partied. Had a couple of shots from the bar, went upstairs and participated in a drinking game, got absolutely blind drunk and fell down the stairs, had another shot and then danced with a hot chick and proceeded to have "Coffee" with her in the female toilets. Then she gave me her number.

Whats not to love?

Playstation Loyalist, but XBOX360 convert.
nikobellic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009   #8
devil chevelle
guy with the worst punctuation

devil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enough
so far i have liked it i really enjoy gay tony and luises relationship. i just kind of wished that rockstar released the whole details of the soundtrack online so i can know which stations and which songs are new thats really the only thing wrong with the game but everything else is good.

I am Mister X - Play
devil chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009   #9
Classified
Top Secret

Classified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura about
I love this game. I kind of hate to say it but, I love it even more than GTA IV. love every aspect of it. I went a little overkill and wrapped in about 6 hours.
Classified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009   #10
De7erminist
http://7thzone.net

De7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura about
I am actually having a series of examinations going on now...

Just when I thought I couldn't muster enough time to go out and buy Episodes from Liberty City, Rockstar sent me a code to download The Ballad of Gay Tony. So I was like, 'wow!'. So I downloaded it and played it as DLC. So far, there aren't any glitches like others have reported.

I played three missions and had fun in multiplayer (base-jumping is my best-loved feature!). It is, insofar, the best "episode" and wins hands down when put beside Grand Theft Auto IV or The Lost and Damned. Rockstar Games have outdone themselves this time!

Love it!
De7erminist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009   #11
Hizzy321
Legalize Weed!

Hizzy321 is an unknown quantity at this point
I absolutely love this new add-on. I mean ya its not for all people but for the people who enjoy the new features its a huge step up from the Lost and Damned. For me the Lost and Damned biker theme really wasn't my kind of thing, i enjoy the new vehicles adn weapons that come alon with TBoGT. i haven't gotten far into the storyline yet but im sure it will get better and better. Thanks for replyin to my post guys!

One love to all brothas and sistas
Smoke da magic herb
Add me on Xbox Live if you want to
GT: Crazy Devilbwoy
Hizzy321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009   #12
devil chevelle
guy with the worst punctuation

devil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enough
well now that i finished it i really dont know what to think about it from the get go i wasnt to amped about the over the topness and figured i was going to hate this dlc but when i played it it eventually got better. the things i was EXTREMELY dissapointed with were the two things i was looking forward to the most and that was luises side of the diamond deal and what happened after you got graci and i must say after the diamond deal mission i was with the mentality of why did i buy this, and on top of that certain peoples brothers just appear out of nowhere in the game and make some weird apperance and i was just confused. things i really enjoyed were the clubbing the new weapons and just being able to complete the gta 4 liberty city saga.

I am Mister X - Play
devil chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009   #13
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels
Loyal Member

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
I kinda hope this is the last Episode for now (get it on PS3 though!) and they concentrate on making a braand new game. I think this episode had the right balance of OTT and serious story telling. And if they dragged that out over a whole new game, along with all the original activities and same styled weapons, it would be a hit.

Obviously some people dislike the clubbing aspect, but if it was available as an option in a full game, then you can't complain about it (assuming there are other options, too).

Overall, I think this would be the perfect set up to a whole new game, so I think another episode would kill their run at the minute.
Old 11-01-2009   #14
the_sextein

the_sextein is on a distinguished roadthe_sextein is on a distinguished roadthe_sextein is on a distinguished road
I was impressed with the graphical changes made. Most pro reviews are saying how the game looks dated and maybe it is but I was still very happy with the improvements made to the draw distance. I like how the bloom effect of the lighting was toned down and everything just seems clearer. Small details are easier to see and the city looks much better from above. Overall given the size of the city and the amount of detail I still consider Liberty City one of the most impressive game worlds ever. Graphically I can't complain.

The Voice acting was solid and the new sound effects for the guns were pretty good as well. As for the music, I noticed the club music in the clubs and I noticed some new Lazlow stuff while I was driving around but I really didn't take note of anything in particular. I am more of a rock and metal type so I wasn't expecting much from this one.

The club atmosphere was done very well and the mini games in the clubs may not be deep and involving but I think they serve their purpose of giving a little extra life or normality to Luis's life. I thought it was kind of cool to actually have a character that had friends and a job but was pulled into the usuall crazyness out of circumstance rather than be a no name person with no purpose other than to cause havoc in the city.

As for the story. For me it was good enough. The thing that made me the most happy was finding out what happens to Bulgarin. I always wanted to know what happened to him because he was a major enemy of Niko's and you never found out anything after the diamonds were lost. Some of the tie-ins with GTA 4 were good. Like snapping the photo of the Kidnapping location from a helicopter.

Overall there is a solid amount of new missions that continue to mix it up and keep the gameplay feeling fresh. It was a tad too over the top for me at times and I'll admit that I think the controls were retarded in the helicopter. I think the fight club would have been better suited for the Lost and Damned but whatever.

I can't watch anything on TV other than the two new shows which is kinda annoying. I was glad to see Bas and Jeremy make a return though.

I can't imagine a game as long as Niko's story being done in this style but I do think it was a good idea to do a smaller DLC like this and add it as the final bang to the overall story arc. I do wish that you could do all the mini games and watch all the TV shows and hear all the music and use all the guns and cars in all 3 game modes. They should have made it an option that could be unlocked if you got 100% on all 3 games or something.

Overall I think Gay Tony is a good game and for the most part I agree with the pro review rating for it.

Last edited by the_sextein; 11-01-2009 at 11:34 AM..
the_sextein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009   #15
CB
"Your stupidity may be your one saving grace."

CB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura about
Would be silly for me to not buy it, so I get extra money this month and thought fuck it, go for it since MW2 isn't out until next week.

See you all soon when I've had a good run through.

CB is offline   Reply With Quote