Old 09-01-2009   #1
mr Hobo
Newbie Member

mr Hobo is an unknown quantity at this point
RealizmIV 6.2 Help

Hopefully this is in the right forum.......

I have the steam version of GTA 4. I *think* I installed the RealizmIV 6.2 correctly, but now it is asking for the game disc to be inserted into my dvd drive, which I don't have. How can I fix this? Thanks

mr Hobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009   #2
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
The problem is that RealizmIV replaces your LaunchGTAIV.exe file - it replaces it with the SecuROM version I'm guessing, which requires the game disc. I'm not really sure exactly why this mod changes that EXE file. To fix it, you should try getting a hold of the original LaunchGTAIV.exe file for Steam (sorry I can't supply it, I don't have Steam). I'm not sure if this will make the mod stop working, I don't really see why it would.
Old 09-07-2009   #3
mr Hobo
Newbie Member

mr Hobo is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by rappo View Post
The problem is that RealizmIV replaces your LaunchGTAIV.exe file - it replaces it with the SecuROM version I'm guessing, which requires the game disc. I'm not really sure exactly why this mod changes that EXE file. To fix it, you should try getting a hold of the original LaunchGTAIV.exe file for Steam (sorry I can't supply it, I don't have Steam). I'm not sure if this will make the mod stop working, I don't really see why it would.
That makes sense. Maybe make a backup of the steam .exe before installing it then replace it after the installtion? I'm gonna try this tomorrow. Thanks for the reply

mr Hobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009   #4
Lao Boy
LATE NIGHT

Lao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to behold
make sure RGSC is up, and click LaunchGTAIV.exe everytime you start, also if you did something wrong, like even rename a file wrong that's necessary it's going to ask for disc, I made this mistake cause I named Vehicles.img to Vehiclesi.mg on accident and I reinstalled and figured out what I did wrong.

Just suggestions, there could be a whole lot of problems.

[img][/img]

click me
Lao Boy is offline   Reply With Quote