Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV > The Ballad of Gay Tony
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2009   #1
speed86
Newbie Member

speed86 is an unknown quantity at this point
DLC should be for PC because we're microsoft aswell!

i think its bullshit that xbox is the only platform that gets GTAIV Episodes , what about PC we're "Microsoft" aswell!!!
speed86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009   #2
Zidane

Zidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond repute
But Microsoft doesn't want you to know they're Microsoft as well. "GFW" is god awful, and I hate to say it, but it's been said a thousand times before, the PC version is too. Okay, that part was a joke, but in all honesty, Microsoft only paid Rockstar Games to release it for the Xbox 360... for now. Maybe they're secretly scheduled to release it sometime later, who knows. What I'm about to say is based under the assumption the contract states only an Xbox 360 release... The PC version very well may be "Microsoft's" too, but they're bound by the contract. Unless there were a change in the contract, and an agreement for both parties, we won't see the DLC for PC, or PS3, until the contract expires... and that's to say if Rockstar is still willing to release the DLC once it does expire. It could expire next year. It could expire in five. Who knows.

It is bullshit, though. I hate how Microsoft is paying off every game developer to release additional content for their games. I'm glad at least Bethesda was able to release Fallout 3's DLC on all platforms. I may not be interested in them, but it's one step to fairness for all gamers. They're not being forced to buy a console, or another console if you're a PlayStation 3 owner, just to experience more of the game. And that's bullshit.
Old 10-20-2009   #3
WiM
All for one.

WiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the rough
I agree with you, Zidane, it IS bullshit. But I don't think the DLC is coming to either PC or PS3. I think Rockstar will be working on the next GTA long before the contract expires. But this is all assumption, really.
(Oh, and about Fallout 3's DLC: it feels rushed. I bought the GOTY edition for PS3 and I just CAN'T complete Operation Anchorage because it ALWAYS freezes. So what's the point of releasing DLC for a console if it only works half ass?)
WiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009   #4
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Money talks. You don't.

Unless you can swiggle enough cash out of your sapphire piggybank to satisfty a pagan god somewhere you won't see it released until the maximum amount of bingo cash has been taken from the 360.

After that they will repeat the process and try to get as much bingo cash per momentum as possible from the PC and other possibles.
Old 10-20-2009   #5
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
Yep ms has been doing that for just about all thier games, they want more cash out of the consoles then they do PC.
Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009   #6
Jaytow

Jaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by speed86 View Post
i think its bullshit that xbox is the only platform that gets GTAIV Episodes , what about PC we're "Microsoft" aswell!!!
Chances are that 99% of people with a PS3 have a pc and therefore don't have to buy a 360 (in this scenario) to get the DLC, that's why they don't sell it for PC.
Jaytow is offline   Reply With Quote