Old 08-24-2009   #1
ffjwhite
FireFighter
Newbie Member

ffjwhite is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Newbie Here Needs Help Modding

Ok. I am kinda of new to this modding thing. Now I am not computer Iliterate either but for some reason when I try it I keep coming to dead ends. All I am wanting to do is add some cars and mess with some weapons. Now I have seen some posts about having to use Magic Patch and to update GTA to v.1.0.4. Now where can I get this patch? How do I know what version I am running. I have been working on this for 2 days and havent been able to get anything done right. Now With some of the files they Have ReadMe Files and they seem pointless. They tell me what the program is supposed to do but it doesnt tell me how to do it. So again all help would be great. Thanks
ffjwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009   #2
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
You don't need the magic patch for v1.0.4.0. What type of mods are you trying to install?
rappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009   #3
ffjwhite
FireFighter
Newbie Member

I was thinking of installing the NYPD Cars and the Homeland Security Cars. I am not really concerned about the weapons too much. Just would like to tweak them alittle bit. I just reinstalled the game and installed the Patch, So where do I go from here?
Old 08-24-2009   #4
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
okay so i'll just go through how to install this mod, as an example: http://www.gtagaming.com/downloads/g...icle-mods/3062 (you can use WinRAR to extract it)

After downloading the mod, get SparkIV. Open up SparkIV, and click Browse. Find the path pc/models/cdimages in your GTA IV folder and double click on "vehicles.img" to edit it. A new window will pop up and you'll see a bunch of .wft and .wtd files for all the cars. At the top, click the Import button, and browse to the police2.wtd and police2.wft files you downloaded and extracted for the NYPD mod. Import those and then click the Rebuild button. After a while you'll get a confirmation message, then close SparkIV and you'll be good to go!

Let me know if you'd like me to elaborate on anything!
rappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009   #5
ffjwhite
FireFighter
Newbie Member

Ok, I am trying to edit the vehicle.img and it keeps telling me is access denied. Any ideas why this is happening?
Old 08-25-2009   #6
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Go the file in question, right click and select Properties. Make sure the Read Only attribute isn't marked
Old 08-25-2009   #7
ffjwhite
FireFighter
Newbie Member

I also made sure that isnt checked and it isnt.
Old 08-25-2009   #8
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Using a OS like Vista or Windows 7?
Old 08-25-2009   #9
ffjwhite
FireFighter
Newbie Member

I am using Windows Vista 64 bit. The game works and everything without any problems.
Old 08-25-2009   #10
Dom

Dom is an unknown quantity at this point
if you are still having trouble you may not have permission to change it
Dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009   #11
ffjwhite
FireFighter
Newbie Member

Ok, well I figured out what was not letting me do it. I had to go into properties and manual give me permission to access the file. For some reason when you install the game it doesnt give you admin rights to mod the file. Now I ran into another thing. Now how do I mess with some of the weapons on it?

Ok, Now I am getting a new error message. It reads

"Could not Rebuild The Archive. Note that only IMG files can be rebuilt at the moment, rebuilding RPF are currently not supported."

Any Ideas?

Last edited by ffjwhite; 08-25-2009 at 10:26 PM.. Reason: auto-merged double post