Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2009   #1
Cutts
Omniscient
Addicted Member

Cutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud of
New GTA for 2010/2011?

So says Michael Patcher. Then again, he is a well known bullshitter.
Cutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009   #2
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
It may not be entirely bullshit, what we do know, however, is Rockstar North are currently busy making 'Agent', so 2011 is much more likely than the article is saying.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009   #3
Jaytow

Jaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutts View Post
So says Michael Patcher. Then again, he is a well known bullshitter.
I think the problem with Patcher is, he always sorts of gets it right... sort of..

He has a great understanding of the financial side of gaming and no clue about the hardcore gaming side (as he often says himself, he is not a hardcore gamer).

I think he hears new GTA (maybe Ballad of gay tony) and then he tells himself GTA 5!
I know that gay tony is set for 2009 release but do GTAs ever come out on the original release date?

Didnt take two already say there will not be a major GTA release next year? Excuse me if I am wrong.

I'd love for this to be true though. I highly doubt it'll be called GTA 5 (as patcher said) though (as I'm sure we all do), maybe GTA IV - Vice City, that is if it was to be set (which is probable) in Vice City.

Last edited by Jaytow; 07-16-2009 at 08:11 AM..
Jaytow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009   #4
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Patcher is 50% right most of the time, the stuff he says and sells to people is either clearly obvious or just bizzare, I'd like to know how he got that job to just spout gaming news every now and then and get paid for it.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009   #5
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
Oct 2011. Tell all your friends teh phr34k said so.
Old 07-16-2009   #6
Thomas B.
Streets ahead

Thomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of light
That actually seems promising. WHY NOT October, 2011. That seems like the most logical time.
Thomas B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009   #7
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Why Not you ask? GTA games are now pretty much famous, October/November/December are pretty big release times for games, often called the clump area as all big name and anticipated games come out at that time. GTA is now well known enough to get away from that date, GTA IV was released in April and it managed to sell a damn lot in a time of the year no one really bothers to release big games.
Old 07-16-2009   #8
zeeshan810
RockstarDB.com

zeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enough
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash_735 View Post
Why Not you ask? GTA games are now pretty much famous, October/November/December are pretty big release times for games, often called the clump area as all big name and anticipated games come out at that time. GTA is now well known enough to get away from that date, GTA IV was released in April and it managed to sell a damn lot in a time of the year no one really bothers to release big games.
Did you guys remember when Ash and myself said Michael Patcher talks too much Bullshit and later on Ash told me not to post any news on Patcher. The guy talk too much Bullshit!
Old 07-16-2009   #9
Ash_735

To be fair you were posting articles every 5 minutes, that's why I said it! But yeah, I doubt my view on Patcher will cyhange, for example, Patcher could take that little paragraph I wrote up there and say it in his own words and get paid for it because the guys in suits think he knows all about the Console market.
Old 07-16-2009   #10
Thomas B.
Streets ahead

Thomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash_735 View Post
Possibly, but R* had a tradition of releasing good games in October. They broke that tradition with GTA IV though, but maybe they'll go for october again.
Thomas B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009   #11
The Shy Child.
GamerTag: shychild2010

The Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to all
Everyone knows the next GTA will come out in the next 2 years. Its common sense. You don't need to pay an analyst to find that out. Ask any GTA fan and they will give you the exact same answer for free, but no they go out and pay an ridiculous amount of money to some guy calling himself a analyst and giving them obvious stuff. Its a con.
Old 07-16-2009   #12
Tyler
Every Time Zone
Addicted Member

Tyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud of
They will let us know they are making a new GTA game around march-may of 2010, then we will see it come around in April of 2011.
Old 07-16-2009   #13
John JJ

John JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
but has confirmed to us that the game is in development, has been for over a year, and is using the same game "engines" as the last version,"
So if that is true then we should be having better gameplay improvements inside of better graphics =D.
Old 07-16-2009   #14
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
I believe the next announcement for a new GTA will come in 2010, early to mid 2010. An actual release though I suspect would come between Fall 2010 and Fall 2011, depending on what sort of release path the game will take (GTA IV was delayed and ultimately messed up Rockstar's traditional release pattern of announcement in the Spring, release in the Fall).
Old 07-16-2009   #15
Tyler
Every Time Zone
Addicted Member

Tyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud of
i really really hope it takes place in a modern Vice City.