Old 05-02-2011   #1411
cyrix
I EAT TREES AND SHIT TABLE LEGS!
Wicked Member

cyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
You could probably find some old school runs (Black Temple/etc) on your server, look on the forums or something.
I was thinking about that. Is the Malefic Raiment set worth the trouble?

~ PH X4 955 4 ghz ~ 4GB G.Skill Ripjaw 1600 ~ MSI Twin Frozr 560 GTX TI ~
~GIGABYTE GA-890FXA-UD5 ~ 2x Intel 510 120GB SSD
cyrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011   #1412
Jay
(V) (;,,;) (V)
Wicked Member

Jay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond repute
Go for it, there might be better gear in Sunwell though.
Old 05-02-2011   #1413
cyrix
Wicked Member

cyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant future
Now to just find some people still wanting to do either..... I need to find a good guild, but I really like being pretty much 100% solo.

Old 05-02-2011   #1414
Zero
Veteran Member

Zero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond repute
There's also gear (PvE and PvP) you can buy with Honor Points. Can't remember quite where they're at, but it costs a lot less now since everyone is more focused on 85 gear. You'd just have to do a little PvP to get it. Or use the LFG tool and I think that gives you badges you can use to buy the lvl 60, 70, 80, and 85 stuff.

Also. It's not the greatest of gear, but the quartermasters for the BC reps sell gear if you're at least Honored. Though I think it might be early PvP-starter gear, since I think it has resilience. Worth a check. Think there are 5 or 6 different vendors selling each piece of the set.

Would check Isle of Quel'Danas for the vendors there and see what you can scrounge together. Been so long since I've been there, I don't remember what things cost or where exactly they're at. You can also do the dailies there too, for some extra gold. I'm sure no one else will ever be there. haha
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011   #1415
cyrix
Wicked Member

I'm not much interested in PVP. I think I could do pretty well right now in it (the amount of information I've read about doing PVP as a lock, and the articles on elitistjerks is absurd), but it's just not my forte. I like to solo as much as possible.

What is this you say about the LFG tool and badges? How do you get those badges?

Old 05-02-2011   #1416
Zero
Veteran Member

Zero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond repute
shazam

I'm pretty sure you don't need a certain expansion to use it. It just unlocks at 15. It's especially wonderful for healing and tanking classes who can't/won't solo. Since it can be kinda rough. They're able to just queue up and use it all the way to 85 if they really wanted to. Surprised you haven't used it so far. How have you been getting groups for instances? /boggle

Maybe I just said "LFG tool" instead of "Dungeon Finder" and it threw the both of us off? Probably the case.

But I think from 15-60 it rewards with a goodie bag that has a reasonable chance to have a useful blue item in it. Gear, that is. Boots, bracers, rings, etc etc. After 60 it starts to also give badges. And with these badges you purchase gear. Works as a currency. Its kinda for those who never win rolls on gear in an instance, but can still save up badges and purchase some gear regardless. Now, I could be wrong, but they merged all the badges together as just the 1 type. Since there used to be a lot of them and it was not only confusing, but also made your unused old-expansion-gained badges pretty much useless. So it should be safe to run all the BC instances and just collect badges and gold from using the LFG tool. Then once you have enough saved, you find the vendor selling the gear/items and buy what you want.

And like I said earlier, I think the vendors you want are gonna be on the Isle of Quel'Danas. Which, I don't know if you've been there or not. But in Shattrath, there is a portal to it in the center ring of the city. You can take it to get there, but to get back, you'd have to fly do the nearest city, find the portal trainer, take the portal to Blasted Lands, go through the Dark Portal, and then fly back to Shattrath. There's also a quest reward for one of the dailies that allows you to hearth back to Shatt, as a one-time-use.
Old 05-02-2011   #1417
cyrix
Wicked Member

Maybe I misspoke, I simply have only done dungeon runs so far, and occasionally grouped with people for certain boss take downs for quests.

Old 05-02-2011   #1418
Zero
Veteran Member

An 'instance' is a 'dungeon'.

When you did them, did your group gather together in one of the major cities and all go together? Or did you meet at the instance entrance? If you haven't used the LFG tool yet, I strongly urge you to try it. It's a lot easier than trying to set something up on your server. With the tool you can just queue yourself for a level-appropriate instance and it'll put an icon next to your minimap. You can also continue doing whatever else you might be doing. That way you don't have to wait in a city/town for a group to form. And when the tool has found 1 healer, 1 tank, and 3 dps, it'll alert you and works as a "ready check". To which then you'll be teleported inside the instance. When the instance is done (or whenever you want) you can click the icon on your minimap to get the option to "teleport out of the instance" and it'll put your exactly right back where it left you.

I know you're more into solo play, and I am too, but if you want the gear you desire you're gonna have to do some stuff with other people.
Old 05-03-2011   #1419
cyrix
Wicked Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
An 'instance' is a 'dungeon'.

When you did them, did your group gather together in one of the major cities and all go together? Or did you meet at the instance entrance? If you haven't used the LFG tool yet, I strongly urge you to try it. It's a lot easier than trying to set something up on your server. With the tool you can just queue yourself for a level-appropriate instance and it'll put an icon next to your minimap. You can also continue doing whatever else you might be doing. That way you don't have to wait in a city/town for a group to form. And when the tool has found 1 healer, 1 tank, and 3 dps, it'll alert you and works as a "ready check". To which then you'll be teleported inside the instance. When the instance is done (or whenever you want) you can click the icon on your minimap to get the option to "teleport out of the instance" and it'll put your exactly right back where it left you.

I know you're more into solo play, and I am too, but if you want the gear you desire you're gonna have to do some stuff with other people.
Silly, I know the difference. All I've done has been runs through the dungeon finder. I know I'm going to have to join up with a raid group to get the good stuff.

Old 05-03-2011   #1420
aRTee
Kustom Kulture

aRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond repute
Its hard to find guild who does BC raids. You might even have to migrate to find one. So id say start lvling again till you buy wotlk-> cata.
aRTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011   #1421
Zero
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrix View Post
Silly, I know the difference. All I've done has been runs through the dungeon finder. I know I'm going to have to join up with a raid group to get the good stuff.
Oh.

Well fuck. Whatever. lol

I'm used to having to explain everything to certain people and I wasn't sure what all you have and haven't done. Valor Points are what they are IIRC. Not badges. So are you getting points for running the BC stuff through the LFG? I've never used it for BC instances. Just WoTLK and some 15-60 stuff. If you are you can do what I mentioned about the vendors and just buying that gear. Unless you want like, the best of the best. Then yeah, you'll have to find a raid. Or a guild that raids like artee said. Though you might have to transfer to a different server to find one, and i'm sure you don't want to do that. Not with all those alts and it costing $25 to transfer. Plus the $25 for a faction change if you needed to.
Old 05-04-2011   #1422
cyrix
Wicked Member

I have a new god damn goal and I'm not quitting OR doing a single other thing in this game until I do it. Got the quest to kill Durn the Hungerer. Suggests 5 people.

Go after him thinking, "whoop de doo, a 67 elite" (I'm a 70 lock) What happens?

"I might have to do a bit of thinking here...."

Go back, almost got him, maybe 15%. Try again after swapping some gear to give me more stam, trinkets for healing, since I had to use health funnel a fuck ton. Get him to about 6%. Enslave Felguard Legionaire and try again, again down to about 6%. FUCK!!!!

Old 05-04-2011   #1423
aRTee
Kustom Kulture

aRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond repute
Few potions mabeh? also thats the spirit
People are complaining about how hard Cataclysm HC dungeons are and my 2 friends are 2 manning them with spriest and a mage. Thats some crazy skillz
Old 05-04-2011   #1424
cyrix
Wicked Member

Picked up some better gear in a few dungeons. Trying to get the Oblivion Raiment set. I've been saving some of the more rare Gems for a set. That motherfucker is going down.

As far as potions, I used a few when I got him down REALLY low. But my problem is I just run out of health that I can use for my health funnel to my minion. I'm going to try to pick some dreaming glory right before hand, since that will give me a small health regen for 15 minutes.

Last edited by cyrix; 05-04-2011 at 11:29 PM..
Old 05-05-2011   #1425
aRTee
Kustom Kulture

The most badassed motherfucking lock gear imo is the Malefic

You need to raid tho