Old 11-18-2010   #1291
Jay
(V) (;,,;) (V)
Wicked Member

Jay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond repute
Took some screenshots on the PTR.

Old 11-18-2010   #1292
Zero
Veteran Member

Zero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond repute
Kinda wanted to download the PTR and give it a try. But then again, I might just wait. Shattering should happen next week or so.
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010   #1293
Neil

Neil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud of
How big are your game clients guys?

If I was to start playing now, how much data would I need to download?

My friend said that his World of Wowcraft folder is like 30GB.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010   #1294
Zero
Veteran Member

Zero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond repute
My folder reads 26.5GB. But that's including 2 expansions and a plethora of patches. Not to mention the next expansion is out December 7th. That's probably another 10GB or so. It is not looking so good for my little 70GB HDD.
Old 11-18-2010   #1295
Jay
(V) (;,,;) (V)
Wicked Member

Jay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond repute
Mine is 31.5GB

I have both expansions and Cataclysm pre-loaded, 800MB of that is screenshots.

But, the next major patch in a weeks time 4.0.3a is apparently 950MB. EU usually has larger patches and files because of all the languages.
Old 11-18-2010   #1296
Zero
Veteran Member

Wait
If you have Cataclysm pre-loaded, why would you need the patch from 4.0.3a?
Old 11-18-2010   #1297
Jay
(V) (;,,;) (V)
Wicked Member

Dunno, probably don't. Wasn't paying much attention.

Also reading through the WoW comics, all the females have massive boobs, it's kinda weird.

Like every female has DD's

Last edited by Jay; 11-18-2010 at 01:04 PM.. Reason: auto-merged double post
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010   #1298
Jay
(V) (;,,;) (V)
Wicked Member

So you know I'm farming as usual and what do I see?

OOOH FUCK YES BRO

Say what you wan't about WoW being a waste of time or being boring, the feeling I got when I saw it drop. Happy as fuck.
Old 11-20-2010   #1299
Pignoah
While you make pretty speeches.

Pignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud of
I got bored but I was told that was due to playing on my own, which makes sense. I can imagine raiding caves and tombs and shit being pretty fun.

What I did like was that it genuinely felt like one big living breathing world.

That's a difficult thing to create.
Old 11-20-2010   #1300
Zero
Veteran Member

Gratz Jay!

I caved in and got the PTR couple days ago. Went to Azshara and finished all the quest. Sooo good. There's also an item you can get pretty early on that has a chance to turn you into a Goblin. It lasts for 30 mins and has a 30 min cool down. So I pretty much just did that and it felt like I was in the beta or something. hah

But there's A TON of new changes to a lot of the zones in such a way that even by yourself it's pretty fun. They're really trying to grab people in that demographic. Blizzard said a lot of people try out WoW, but end up quitting because they game gets confusing or unfun between levels 1-10. So they've really revamped all that. So you should give it another try when Cataclysm comes out, and test the new areas.
Old 11-21-2010   #1301
Jay
(V) (;,,;) (V)
Wicked Member

By the way artee:

Either you're ignoring me like a DICK or you've been hacked. This is why you need an authenticator.

FYI if you have been hacked I wouldn't worry too much, all they really do now is farm old instances like 50 times a day for gold. Least you should get the [Got My Mind On My Money] achi lolol

But you're gonna wanna find your original wow case with the CD key, and I hope you remember your secret passwords n shit.
Old 11-22-2010   #1302
aRTee
Kustom Kulture

aRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah i got hacked.. again. Waiting for blizz response. Gonna get new credit card soon so im able to order the authenticator.
aRTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010   #1303
Jay
(V) (;,,;) (V)
Wicked Member

Ahh knew it, I did report you to a GM too. So apparently they should have sent you an email or something.
Old 11-23-2010   #1304
Jay
(V) (;,,;) (V)
Wicked Member

Anyone who's interested in buying WoW.

Vanilla - $5
Expansion 1 TBC - $5
Expansion 2 WotLK - $10

http://us.blizzard.com/store/details.xml?id=110000034
http://us.blizzard.com/store/details.xml?id=110000018
http://us.blizzard.com/store/details.xml?id=1100000265
Old 11-24-2010   #1305
Zero
Veteran Member

That's a pretty sweet deal. I might try to recruit a few friends/family to start playing. They've been interested, but never really willing to spend all the money. This should be a good push in the direction.