Old 08-16-2012   #1531
Jay
(V) (;,,;) (V)
Wicked Member

Jay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond repute
Hands down (almost) the best WoW cinematic. That was insane.

Before that cinematic I had absolutely no interest in ever playing WoW again.

Also:

Quote:
With the release of patch 5.0.4, we’re making all the races of Azeroth playable by anyone, no matter which version or expansion of World of Warcraft they own. This includes the enigmatic pandaren, who will become available for play when Mists of Pandaria is released on Tuesday, September 25. We want the entire World of Warcraft community to be able to embrace their inner goblin, blood elf, worgen, draenei, or pandaren from the moment they step foot into the world of Azeroth.
Blizzard seem to be doing a very good job of enticing people.
Old 08-16-2012   #1532
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Sure, if you were drowning would you not promise the world to someone just to stay afloat a little bit longer?
Old 08-16-2012   #1533
Zero
Veteran Member

Zero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
Hands down (almost) the best WoW cinematic. That was insane.

Before that cinematic I had absolutely no interest in ever playing WoW again.
Never? Dang. I think I'd miss some of my characters too much and would like to occasionally login and scratch that nostalgic itch.

There's a few features I look forward to. Even if just a log in, chat with friends, and do pet battles. That's enough for me. And I feel slightly compelled to get that digital deluxe version, with the pet a mount. But I know the standard version would be just fine. Shit. I don't know. Still not sure which to get.
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012   #1534
Havok_Jro
I'm The Best At Space

Havok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond repute
I've only just started playing, and I'm enjoying myself. It's hard with my girlfriend here on holiday so i'm only able to do a few dungeons a night, but i'm level 51 and i'm enjoying the fact that my friend recruited me, so I get triple XP.

But I managed to buy WoW, Lich King, Cat, and MoP for 44 which is a beautiful deal.
Havok_Jro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012   #1535
Zero
Veteran Member

Zero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond repute
It's a shame we can't play together. Or even at the least be friends on Battle.net. But glad you're enjoying it.
Old 08-17-2012   #1536
Havok_Jro
I'm The Best At Space

Havok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond repute
Yea, that's a bit of a ridiculous thing, but understandable why they do it.

Would be good to have you on Battle.net just so we could chat in game.

Need to start looking into professions and such now though.
Old 08-17-2012   #1537
Zero
Veteran Member

Anything you're interested in? Questions?

Are you looking to just start making money? Since you're new with this, I'd say start with 2 gathering professions. Maybe check the Auction House for what sells more. Various ore/bars, herbs, and skins. Then just pick the top 2. Or if you want a crafting profession you can do that too. Though any gear you make with it really isn't worth a shit. Considering you can typically just buy the gear someone else crafted for much cheaper than the materials you'd need to craft it yourself. Or time invested to gather them. But there are some professions out there that are good money makers. Jay would know more about that. As well as playing the AH.
Old 08-17-2012   #1538
Havok_Jro
I'm The Best At Space

Money making is my biggest thing right now.

My friend was saying Mining is a good thing to start with, gather shit loads of ores and then sell them on and such, but i didn't know you could have two gathering professions, so i'll probably do that. Just need to see which a good second option is.
Old 08-17-2012   #1539
Zero
Veteran Member

Herbalism, typically. Skins sell decently. But it's only used for Leatherworking, and rarely in Tailoring/Blacksmithing. But people always need herbs. Inscription and Alchemy (which is a popular profession) require herbs. There's a bit of a hump within the profession (if you pick it up at level range when you start) at the beginning, but after that, it's the easiest gathering profession. Plus you get XP for mining ore and picking herbs. So if you got the both of them; more XP!

But yeah, you can have 2 main professions and all secondary professions. Which are..

Main Professions:
Gathering
  • Mining
  • Herbalism
  • Skinning
Crafting
  • Blacksmithing
  • Leatherworking
  • Tailoring
  • Jewlcrafting

Secondary Professions:
  • Cooking
  • Fishing
  • First Aid
  • Archaeology

There are also daily quests for Fishing and Cooking (which can be done at any level) for more bonus XP.
Old 08-17-2012   #1540
Havok_Jro
I'm The Best At Space

I'm thinking of doing Mining and Skinning for now, then when i hit 85, swithching my Skinning out for Jewelcrafting.

My friend was saying there's a lot of jewels which are worth quite a bit of gold, so good money and such.
Old 08-17-2012   #1541
Zero
Veteran Member

Sounds good. Jewelcrafting can make some good gold. You can also take other people's gems off the AH, cut them, and then put them back up for more gold. Which I think is partially what Jay was doing.

Though you'll have to put in some decent effort to get the plans/recipe's to make those gems. As you won't really get anything that great from the trainer alone. You'll have to do heroics, where they'll either drop or you can buy them from a vendor with the badges you get for killing bosses and completing dungeons. Some even require PvP.
Old 08-17-2012   #1542
Jay
(V) (;,,;) (V)
Wicked Member

Jay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
Never? Dang. I think I'd miss some of my characters too much and would like to occasionally login and scratch that nostalgic itch.

There's a few features I look forward to. Even if just a log in, chat with friends, and do pet battles. That's enough for me. And I feel slightly compelled to get that digital deluxe version, with the pet a mount. But I know the standard version would be just fine. Shit. I don't know. Still not sure which to get.
I logged into an old trial account a few weeks ago just to have a look. Ran into SW AH (force of habit) and the nostalgia immediately wore off and I logged back out.

It's a bit of a shame, since my main is about 6 years old. But I don't really have the time for WoW like I used, plus it feels different. I might try MoP if I get the chance.
Old 08-17-2012   #1543
Zero
Veteran Member

I know it's just in your nature to rush the AH and make like, a jillion gold. But maybe a faction change? Try a new race/class?

I guess if you're done you're done. Can't force yourself.
Old 08-17-2012   #1544
Jay
(V) (;,,;) (V)
Wicked Member

I got most classes to 80/85, I seem to enjoy levelling more than raiding.

I wish WoW wasn't region locked like Diablo, it'd be awesome if I could jump over to US servers to play on one toon and jump back to EU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
Sounds good. Jewelcrafting can make some good gold. You can also take other people's gems off the AH, cut them, and then put them back up for more gold. Which I think is partially what Jay was doing.
Also ye this is what I did. Buy common gems (or ore, or farm ore yourself), craft JC weapons/amulets/rings, disenchant, sell mats.

Super easy, very server dependant though. On my original server I dominated the enchanting material AH, but when I switched to Silvermoon EU the AH was flooded with people doing exactly what I was doing but selling at a much lower profit margin. All you needed to do was spend half an hour crafting a fuckload, throw them all on the AH, log out and collect your profits the next day.

Last edited by Jay; 08-17-2012 at 07:39 PM..
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012   #1545
Zero
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
I got most classes to 80/85, I seem to enjoy levelling more than raiding.
I'm exactly the same way. I would occasionally PvP and raid if it involved friends. But overall I liked all my different characters and working on achievements.