Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV > Troubleshooting & Technology
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2009   #1
BulletofHell
Awesome User

BulletofHell is on a distinguished roadBulletofHell is on a distinguished road
Game crashes, but the sound still plays for a bit.

Okay, I recently fixed my problem where I'd be driving and the world would stop loading and my radio would turn into a garbled mess, but now I have a new problem on my hands.

I'll be playing normally, and at random times my game will COMPLETELY freeze up, but the sound still plays for a short while before that too stops, making me Alt+Tab out and in some cases even restart my computer. My specs are below if anyone sees anything wrong with them.

ATI Radeon HD 4850
AMD Phenom 9600 Quad-Core Processor 2.3GHz
3.5 gigs of RAM

The game runs beautifully for the short time I'm able to play, but this damned problem hinders the full fun of anything.

Many thanks for anyone who can help.
Old 08-08-2009   #2
.:Mouldy Punk:.

.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of
I have a similar problem and have given up trying to fix it. I think I've tried every poorly written "HOWTO FIX GTA4 GRAFIX" guide on the internet.

I tried contacting Take 2 support about it. I dropped them an email explaining exactly what the problem was, even gave them links to forum threads by other people having the same issue and despite them saying I'll hear back within 72 hours, I haven't. And that was probably over a week ago now.

I'ma ring 'em when I have time to, but I doubt they'll be able to fix it over the phone. Gonna need another patch me thinks.

Hosted on ImgBin.Org | Happy Easter...ish
.:Mouldy Punk:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009   #3
zeeshan810
RockstarDB.com

zeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enough
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Mouldy Punk:. View Post
I have a similar problem and have given up trying to fix it. I think I've tried every poorly written "HOWTO FIX GTA4 GRAFIX" guide on the internet.

I tried contacting Take 2 support about it. I dropped them an email explaining exactly what the problem was, even gave them links to forum threads by other people having the same issue and despite them saying I'll hear back within 72 hours, I haven't. And that was probably over a week ago now.

I'ma ring 'em when I have time to, but I doubt they'll be able to fix it over the phone. Gonna need another patch me thinks.
I contacted them too got no reply except a computer generated email saying Take Two Support will contact you within 72 Hours.
Old 08-08-2009   #4
BulletofHell
Awesome User

BulletofHell is on a distinguished roadBulletofHell is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Mouldy Punk:. View Post

PLEASE.. When you call them, if they give you any answers, post 'em here so I can try them aswell.

Thanks, man.