Old 07-16-2009   #1
trevorb05
Newbie Member

trevorb05 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation GTA IV MODDING HELP

does anyone know a patch, fix, or mod to be able to play in multiplayer online with a modded handling file? cause i have imported alot of new cars and would like to mod the handling file to get the most out of them and when i do gtaiv tells me i need to restore to original files before i can play in mulitplayer! so please help!

Thanks in advance for the help!

Trev
trevorb05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009   #2
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
Yep, check out the File Check Fix by Alexander Blade: http://www.gtagaming.com/downloads/g...ript-mods/2432
Old 07-16-2009   #3
trevorb05
Newbie Member

Hey thanks! i tried that and it still told me the same thing. idk if me having the simple native trainer may conflict with it but it still doesnt work any other ideas?
Old 07-16-2009   #4
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
i dont think the simple native trainer would stop you from playing multiplayer but try doing it without that
Old 07-16-2009   #5
trevorb05
Newbie Member

well i checked the asi log and its says that it is able to load all the asi file which is 3 by the way and it still doesnt work it kinda sucks cause i cant get it to load the asi properly im guessing
Old 07-18-2009   #6
Latetzki
Newbie Member

Latetzki is an unknown quantity at this point
I have exact problem here. I installed Realizm 6.0 mod and now I decided to uninstall it (and copied backup back to original place), and somehow now mods don't work in multiplayer anymore. I also placed File Check Fix to game directory, and ASI loader's .dll file. Sneaky's Netkick.asi works fine.

Last edited by Latetzki; 07-18-2009 at 09:23 AM..
Latetzki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009   #7
Latetzki
Newbie Member

Latetzki is an unknown quantity at this point
I re-installed the game and it works again.
Latetzki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009   #8
trevorb05
Newbie Member

yeah i have done some research and figured out that it might be something with live that is checking the files. so i guess i will just have to go back to using hamachi to play online.

is there a way to get the game to work with the handling file in a different directory to some how bypass this file check?

Thanks!
Old 07-21-2009   #9
sjaak327

sjaak327 is on a distinguished roadsjaak327 is on a distinguished roadsjaak327 is on a distinguished road
All you need is an edited filecheckfix which can be obtained from gta4mods.com, this will allow you to run an edited handling file.

Too bad it isn't blocked in cheat sensitive MP modes, they should have limited it to free and party only..
sjaak327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009   #10
behzad_sol
Unregistered User

behzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to behold
if you install the 1.4 patch and latest version of ASI Loader, you don't need any patcher for editing handling file or other files
Old 07-21-2009   #11
trevorb05
Newbie Member

well i cant seem to find that filecheckfix but i have been using 1.0.4.0 and tried everything and it does not work! so have reinstalled and im on 1.0.2.0 where i can use hamachi to play with friends online not as good as live but hey something is better than nothing.
Old 07-21-2009   #12
player #1
Newbie Member

player #1 can only hope to improve
Question I need help

hi ........... can any 1 help ??
I want to get ( fly the CO OP ) trophy ?? please heeeelp

Last edited by player #1; 07-21-2009 at 04:14 PM..
player #1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009   #13
zeeshan810
RockstarDB.com

zeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enough
What console? If PS3 reply.
Old 07-21-2009   #14
player #1
Newbie Member

player #1 can only hope to improve
what do you mean ??
player #1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009   #15
behzad_sol
Unregistered User

behzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to behold
he means with what console you are playing GTA-IV? I think you have PS3