Old 07-18-2009   #1
hammett
Newbie Member

hammett is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Define Hacking

Third party program to give yourself an advantage over other players?

But what if someone was to edit their own files by hand, that is by no means an advantage over another player/players as the person who has edited their files has done so by their own intellect and knowledge of the game and if the average VC user was to research enough about it, they too could do it.

If it were meant to be illegal wouldnt rockstar north prohibit the alteration of their files?

Further more, anyone could do this/ can do this, no third party program involved just a brain, so... define hacking.

All im saying, if one person was to love VC so much, that they would research it and understand the game, then why should the players love for a game which has resulted in his fortunate ability to tweak it to his/her liking be counted as hacking? as anyone can do it if they had the time to research it themselves.

NO PROGRAMMING, JUST VC, ITS FILES, AND A BRAIN +147 IQ

Its like overclocking a PC, its safe, free for everyone and anyone to use at their own disrection.

Last edited by hammett; 07-18-2009 at 09:46 AM..
Old 07-18-2009   #2
iKlipse

iKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond repute
It is an advantage over other players and it fucks up their fun.

If you enter a deathmatch server, enable your infinity health... What is the point in being there? You can't die.
If you join an RPG server and someone is role playing as a cop and they happen to start chasing you... You use your speed hacks to get away, how is that fair for the other player?

If you are stupid enough to play like an ignorant little twat then you will be banned, if a server admin chooses to do so. There are no arguments against hacking, its not allowed on most servers and thats it.

If its not possible through the script on the server, then you shouldn't be using a program or editing VC files to do so. Thats it.

If the server allow hacks, mods... Then you can do what you like but don't argue about using them in a server that doesn't allow them.
Old 07-18-2009   #3
Kel-F
Per essere, o non essere.

Kel-F will become famous soon enoughKel-F will become famous soon enoughKel-F will become famous soon enoughKel-F will become famous soon enoughKel-F will become famous soon enoughKel-F will become famous soon enoughKel-F will become famous soon enough
I agree with iKlipse. If your going to hack in servers that don't allow it, then don't use them. Most servers use auto-cheat detection mods that ban instantly or kick you. But yeah, what's the point? It's an unfair advantage...
Old 07-19-2009   #4
hammett
Newbie Member

hammett is an unknown quantity at this point
How is it hacking? "speed hacks" you say, theyre not speed hacks, i simply edited the physics on my vechicles, if you do not possess the brain capacity to enable this for yourself then no you dont get to use it. Sounds like youre a jealous little kid with a dictionary, theyre not "hacks" edited by hand, its modifying your own VC not anyone elses WITHOUT THE USE OF PROGRAMS.

Whom are you to speak of fairness, by the looks of it youre overweight as s result of sloth and gluttony. In what way is that fair to you?

Last edited by ReGeX; 07-23-2009 at 02:06 PM..
Old 07-19-2009   #5
JCMercenary
If you can't wear a spandex jumpsuit...

JCMercenary is a glorious beacon of lightJCMercenary is a glorious beacon of lightJCMercenary is a glorious beacon of lightJCMercenary is a glorious beacon of lightJCMercenary is a glorious beacon of lightJCMercenary is a glorious beacon of lightJCMercenary is a glorious beacon of lightJCMercenary is a glorious beacon of lightJCMercenary is a glorious beacon of lightJCMercenary is a glorious beacon of lightJCMercenary is a glorious beacon of light
Cheats had to be made by somebody by hand, too. You're doing the same thing, just on a smaller scale. You're gaining an unfair advantage. Oh, and you probably are using a program, BTW.

Ever hear of notepad.exe? That's a program, last time I checked.

Old 07-19-2009   #6
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammett View Post
How is it hacking? "speed hacks" you say, theyre not speed hacks, i simply edited the physics on my vechicles, if you do not possess the brain capacity to enable this for yourself then no you dont get to use it. Sounds like youre a jealous little kid with a dictionary, theyre not "hacks" edited by hand, its modifying your own VC not anyone elses WITHOUT THE USE OF PROGRAMS.

Whom are you to speak of fairness, by the looks of it youre overweight as s result of sloth and gluttony. In what way is that fair to you?

Kel- Theyre not cheats, obviously you have English comprehension difficulty, as i stated before theyre not "cheats" just a simple change from "10 to 3" - example
If you edit the top velocity, you gain an unfair advantage.
Edit the cornering, you can out maneuver your opponent.
Edit the suspension you might have a advantage
Edit the roll on the vehicle, you can make yourself impossible to roll.
Edit the skin on your characters and you can easily have a skin that enables you to see directly at your opponent from the other side of the map.

Not to mention weapons, skins and other rendering hacks. You could call a hack a Unauthorized edit to a working system. It's your game, your right on that. You have the pleasure of doing anything you want. But if your playing a multiplayer game, the main part of that is having a equal balance with someone else. They don't have any unfair advantage against each other through program manipulation. Unless it's a server option decided by a admin or a implemented game mechanic.

Sure, if your a coder the opportunities are endless.

But in your case. I'd get a job as a SysAdmin. You can tweak variables all day, prevent people from gaining unauthorized access all damn day at your pleasure.

Like said above, you can try getting a unfair advantage. But once someone finds out your get the banhammer. And I'm sure if admins talk to each other on a regular basis they could maybe even exchange information from their banlist. You could easily get blackmarked from the entire network if you tried hard enough.
Old 07-19-2009   #7
Mex

Mex is on a distinguished roadMex is on a distinguished roadMex is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Third party program to give yourself an advantage over other players?
Further more, anyone could do this/ can do this, no third party program involved just a brain, so... define hacking.
I'm pretty sure 'hacking' means to attempt to gain access, or modifying data that you are not legally allowed to have access to.
As you already have access to all the VC files, modifying the files would add a 'modification' (mod) to your game. This has been done many times.

Quote:
But what if someone was to edit their own files by hand, that is by no means an advantage over another player/players as the person who has edited their files has done so by their own intellect and knowledge of the game and if the average VC user was to research enough about it, they too could do it.
Whether you are using pre-made mods, or you created the mods yourself using your 'own intellect and knowledge', it's still a mod.
For the mods to become an 'unfair advantage', it really depends whether the server allows the use of mods.

If a server does not allow players with mods, then there is a good reason for this.
The soul reason is probably something similar to the fact that the majority of players connecting to his/her server will not be using mods.
Or it could be as simple as the server owner does not like mods, and wants every player in his/her server not to use them.

But whatever the reason is, you should respect the rules of a server.
Old 07-19-2009   #8
Kel-F
Per essere, o non essere.

Kel-F will become famous soon enoughKel-F will become famous soon enoughKel-F will become famous soon enoughKel-F will become famous soon enoughKel-F will become famous soon enoughKel-F will become famous soon enoughKel-F will become famous soon enough
Quote:
And editing your data files IS, I repeat... IS cheating. It is classed as cheating since your editing your data files to gain an unfair advantage on other players on Vice City Online.

Oh, yeah...you connect to this server where-as every other player has NORMAL data files, non edited etc, only you have edited yours...you start using/abusing those little "advantages" players get annoyed and you ruin their fun, whilst having fun yourself. That dude is very selfish. I'm not saying you cannot use them, I mean...obviously I don't get the rights to tell others what they can and cannot do, but seriously it's not fair on others. I'd say the same thing as you, If I was in your position, however I may be more enthusiastic about it.

And just because I come from Italy, does not mean I an shit at my English. I moved to UK when I was 3 years old..so I can speak both languages good. <_<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mex View Post
I'm pretty sure 'hacking' means to attempt to gain access, or modifying data that you are not legally allowed to have access to.
Actually, being an actual hacker myself, the definition of the word "hacking" can mean other things aswell as cheating and actual hacking. It does not just define the actual thing.
Old 07-19-2009   #9
Jaytow

Jaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enough
Quote:

Kel- Theyre not cheats, obviously you have English comprehension difficulty, as i stated before theyre not "cheats" just a simple change from "10 to 3" - example
Cheating is cheating no matter how you disguise it, what makes me laugh most about your oppinions is that you seem to think of them as witty and really think you're out smarting the other gamers when a 10 year old could come up with this wisdom of yours.

If you are too stupid to understand the plain and clear fact that editing your game to a point that it gives you an advantage over players who are playing the game as the developers intended then you should eat poop.
Old 07-22-2009   #10
iKlipse

iKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond repute
Hacking, cheating, modding same shit.. You'll still be banned from a server that doesn't allow players to have an unfair advantage, there is no argument about it. If you have to mod your game in order to win, or try to look cool, you should think about uninstalling it.. I've had a higher kill count than players with infinity HP before, I have killed them to with a single point blank shot with a Stubby Shotgun, what does that say? Modding, cheating, hacking etc. Is just useless.

I'd also like to point out that you aren't as smart as you claim you are. If you had any brains you wouldn't have posted with your original IP, now I have something to look out for when I'm watching the servers... Which is about the same time zone as you.

Last edited by iKlipse; 07-22-2009 at 08:15 PM..
Old 07-23-2009   #11
ReGeX
VCO Developer

ReGeX will become famous soon enoughReGeX will become famous soon enoughReGeX will become famous soon enoughReGeX will become famous soon enoughReGeX will become famous soon enoughReGeX will become famous soon enoughReGeX will become famous soon enoughReGeX will become famous soon enoughReGeX will become famous soon enough
- Topic cleaned up.
- Topic closed due to unnecessary flaming.

If you would like this re-opened, give me a PM.

.:: Visit Vice City Online's GTAGaming Page Today! ::.
Closed Thread