Old 07-06-2009   #1
behzad_sol
Unregistered User

behzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to behold
I just don't get it...

that why those new vehicle mods such as Rancher Monster or Pontiac GTO, take less damage than original (unedited) ones? I think it all are some bugs that will be solved, aren't they? to me it makes those mods a bit unenjoyable
Old 07-06-2009   #2
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Maybe they were made to take less damage in the handling file? Or if you mean visual then yeah, to replicate the visual damage on cars might be a while for some people as we've only just started actual proper vehicle modding.
Ash_735 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009   #3
behzad_sol
Unregistered User

behzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to behold
Yeah, and I really can't wait to see tones of vehicle mods
Old 07-06-2009   #4
lillb
Casual User

lillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash_735 View Post
Maybe they were made to take less damage in the handling file? Or if you mean visual then yeah, to replicate the visual damage on cars might be a while for some people as we've only just started actual proper vehicle modding.
how does the damage models actually work?
do they have to model different stages of damage or something?
Old 07-10-2009   #5
behzad_sol
Unregistered User

well ash, even without handling edited, they take less damage so we should consider it a bug that can be solved in near future
Old 07-10-2009   #6
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Well, if you say it's a bug then you think it's a bug, to me, it's less experience with modelling in this games engine, remember GTA4 is completely different compared to previous GTA games when it comes to Damage.
Ash_735 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009   #7
behzad_sol
Unregistered User

well by saying bug I mean it is 3D modelling and the engine as you said, and probably the handling.dat thing

Edit: in one Oleg's comments I saw this:

Quote:
It's strongly recommended to keep original handling.dat file. The problem is in filter and hopefully it will be resolved. You should not "fix" this problem by editing handling.dat file.
Old 07-15-2009   #8
SanFan
Don't try, you'll die!

SanFan is a jewel in the roughSanFan is a jewel in the roughSanFan is a jewel in the roughSanFan is a jewel in the roughSanFan is a jewel in the roughSanFan is a jewel in the roughSanFan is a jewel in the roughSanFan is a jewel in the roughSanFan is a jewel in the roughSanFan is a jewel in the roughSanFan is a jewel in the rough
I actually tend to agree with Ash on this one. I mean the first car mods for 3 and VC weren't as good as they were later also. So I think we just have to give people some time and let them sort those things out themselves.
SanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009   #9
behzad_sol
Unregistered User

I know SanFAn, but I was just nervous about the damage thing which Oleg answered me (in my last post) and I'm so happy about that