Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto Mods > Grand Theft Auto IV Mods
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2009   #1
_Karma_
Girl Who Chases Dragons

_Karma_ is an unknown quantity at this point
Question [Req or Help] Jacob's Helmet on Niko?

I've been poking through the pedprops with Spark IV in hopes of finding a way to import Jacobs Helmet into Niko's Helmet spot to make it wearable for him. It's that really cool skillie thing (not sure the name) sort of like a Combat helmet.

I was able to export the model but it looks like it may be impossible to import/replace models with Spark IV. Is this true or am I doing it wrong? Is there any way to do this. Seemed like it would have been a simple project but I don't have the knowledge to figure it out.

Anyone willing to take a stab at doing it? And if not, can anyone at least offer advice on how to go about it? I've been unable to find any information on doing this, though there are some good texturing tutorials around.
The file is in pedprops and is called ig_liljacob.*

Any help would be warmly appreciated and I would be absolutely amazed and in awe of anyone who has the knowledge to pick it up and do it.
_Karma_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009   #2
behzad_sol
Unregistered User

behzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to behold
yes you've done the things correct, but there is no button for importing. I've saw some modders have changed and imported some models, this mod I mean. I'm just wondering how that can be possible
Old 06-26-2009   #3
_Karma_
Girl Who Chases Dragons

Quote:
Originally Posted by behzad_sol View Post
yes you've done the things correct, but there is no button for importing. I've saw some modders have changed and imported some models, this mod I mean. I'm just wondering how that can be possible
Yes, me too. Surely someone here has some idea? Anyone? Sure is quiet in here.
Perhaps it's just my luck with the topics I post or perhaps no one here is savvy enough to know the answer. Maybe I'll ask around at GTAForums, though I felt sure Rappo would be able to give some sort of informed answer.
Old 06-26-2009   #4
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
Where's Niko's helmet model/texture located? I can't find it

edit: ooo nevermind i think i found it (looks like player_p in pedprops.img), i'll test this out to see if i can get jacob's helmet working.

edit2: okay so i got it in game, but it doesn't look right (it looks backwards to me, i dont think thats how lil jacob wore it). but anyway, here's how to do it:

1. Open up pedprops.img with Spark IV (I used this version: http://gzwn.net/Documents/SparkIV%200.6.2.1.rar)
2. Find ig_liljacob.wtd and ig_liljacob.wdd and export them both to your desktop (select them and hit Export on the top bar)
3. On your desktop, rename them to player_p.wtd and player_p.wdd
4. In Spark IV, click Import on top (its to the right of Export in the Spark IV version I linked to) and select the two player_p files.
5. Scroll down to player_p now and you should see that the WTD and WDD are blue, meaning you edited them
6. Click Rebuild Archive, close up Spark IV, and run GTA IV!

i dont think this is what you want though, but i could be wrong. try it out :p if it is backwards i dont know if theres a way to fix that since you cant edit models right now. it just happens to be that the way Niko is aligned might be different from how lil jacob is aligned.
Old 06-27-2009   #5
behzad_sol
Unregistered User

behzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to behold
it didn't work you know, because except the helmet there are other stuffs in it like those hats or glasses, aru should make an import feature
Old 06-27-2009   #6
_Karma_
Girl Who Chases Dragons

Quote:
Originally Posted by behzad_sol View Post
it didn't work you know, because except the helmet there are other stuffs in it like those hats or glasses, aru should make an import feature
Just what behzad says. The problem is that there is no "import" option for the last step. Otherwise I would have been it myself and not bothered you guys.

So what's the trick then, I wonder? As behzad's link displays, someone has figured out a way to go about changing models...Tis a mysetery, though, how they went about it.
Old 06-28-2009   #7
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
Huh? Why would I write those steps if I didn't already do all of them There's an import button:

Old 06-28-2009   #8
behzad_sol
Unregistered User

look rappo, we're not talking about that import button, when you double click on a .wdd file, it shows its 3d model. at top of the page you can see 3 features, like the picture below:

but there is no import button, for example we export the ricky's head and we want to replace with niko's but there is no import feature that

and _Karma_, should we send an email to the modder?
Old 06-28-2009   #9
rappo
Professional Dumbass

There isn't supposed to be an Import button there because Spark IV isn't 3D Modeling software. If you could import a model what use would it be if you can't position it and everything? The idea is to export the model, open it up with 3D modeling software and make your changes, then replace the entire model via Spark IV (just like how you do with GTA San Andreas mods and the IMG Tool). The problem is though, that there are no 3D Modeling applications for importing and exporting the GTA IV format.

Those other mods that you are linking to did probably did the same thing I did. They were just lucky enough to find a model that is positioned the same way as Niko, which Lil Jacob's helmet apparently is not.
Old 06-28-2009   #10
behzad_sol
Unregistered User

I should send the modder an email, then I will post the results here

Edit: I think SparkIV needs an official update