Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > General Series Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2009   #16
Larry Novellino
Larry Novellino - Waconia High School, Minnesota

Larry Novellino is a jewel in the roughLarry Novellino is a jewel in the roughLarry Novellino is a jewel in the roughLarry Novellino is a jewel in the roughLarry Novellino is a jewel in the roughLarry Novellino is a jewel in the roughLarry Novellino is a jewel in the roughLarry Novellino is a jewel in the roughLarry Novellino is a jewel in the roughLarry Novellino is a jewel in the roughLarry Novellino is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauwee View Post
It bothers me that Sony can't keep their hands to themselves. CTW belongs to the DS imo.
Okay I definitely should've worded that better. I know its a profitable decision to bring CTW to the PSP, but I just don't like the concept of a port. It typically ruins the original integrity of the game. If they were planning to make an all new title specifically for the new PSP to market it's release, that would be perfect, but all I'm saying is there are obvious CTW specifics that are only utilized on the DS and will be either dismissed or altered for the PSP version. And who knows, maybe the PSP version will be better than the original. We'll just wait and see.

I didn't intend to hate, sorry for the implied ignorance.
Larry Novellino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009   #17
X-Ecutioner

X-Ecutioner is on a distinguished roadX-Ecutioner is on a distinguished roadX-Ecutioner is on a distinguished roadX-Ecutioner is on a distinguished roadX-Ecutioner is on a distinguished road
I honestly cant see it doing any better than it did on the DS. with all things aside, To the average Non-GTA-Die-Hard-Fan The game looks like total ass. The Ye Olde top down view is dead and gone. porting it to the PSP as is will be a goddam insult to the PSP in my opinion.
X-Ecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009   #18
Osheem

Osheem will become famous soon enoughOsheem will become famous soon enoughOsheem will become famous soon enoughOsheem will become famous soon enoughOsheem will become famous soon enoughOsheem will become famous soon enoughOsheem will become famous soon enough
This is very good news.
Osheem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009   #19
Carboy93

Carboy93 is on a distinguished roadCarboy93 is on a distinguished roadCarboy93 is on a distinguished road
yea ill just download it but hopefully will be better than the ds one
Carboy93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009   #20
SimianMD
Newbie Member

SimianMD is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation gta iphone

And do you know if it will be released on iPhone as well ?
I am referring to the website that have hit the web since this morning, many comments about it on several boards dedicated to iphone games, but i wanted to check on a forum of GTA fans

www.coming-on-iphone.com

Does it look like a existing GTA game ? (it could be a port)

Thx for your answer (i have a blog about iphone games but i don't want to relay a fake)
SimianMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009   #21
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carboy93 View Post
yea ill just download it but hopefully will be better than the ds one
Let me guess. It's going to be 200% better on the PSP because you'll be using the PSP to play it?
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009   #22
Thomas B.
Streets ahead

Thomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of light
Any news about this? Maybe graphics improvements or something?
Thomas B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009   #23
JCMercenary
If you can't wear a spandex jumpsuit...

JCMercenary is a glorious beacon of lightJCMercenary is a glorious beacon of lightJCMercenary is a glorious beacon of lightJCMercenary is a glorious beacon of lightJCMercenary is a glorious beacon of lightJCMercenary is a glorious beacon of lightJCMercenary is a glorious beacon of lightJCMercenary is a glorious beacon of lightJCMercenary is a glorious beacon of lightJCMercenary is a glorious beacon of lightJCMercenary is a glorious beacon of light
If they do the graphics they did for LCS and VCS, I don't see how they're gonna fit that city and all the missions and whatnot onto that tiny UMD. Is 1.8GB enough for all that? :\

JCMercenary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009   #24
Fry
Your Mother

Fry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to behold
Well the DS cartridge is about 128MB so they could easily fit that on a UMD with graphical improvements and cutscenes ect, but i think CTW will be a straight port and they wont use the graphics from LCS and VCS on the PSP.
Old 07-13-2009   #25
d0mm2k8
OMGWTFBBQ?!
Newbie Member

d0mm2k8 is an unknown quantity at this point
I just hope they use the 'Stories' engine for this. The DS version was good for the DS but would totally suck on PSP.
Also ridding of the cartoony theme is in my favour
d0mm2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009   #26
sparkerosion
Newbie Member

sparkerosion is an unknown quantity at this point
Well in the annoucement rockstar said it would take full advantage of the PSP abilities...and new missions, so I don't think its a straight port, it will probably be first person perspective like GTAiberty cisty stories I'm guessing.
sparkerosion is offline   Reply With Quote