Old 06-21-2009   #1
hammett
Newbie Member

hammett is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Hi :ERROR:

Yeah, so when i play VC SP, it may crash sometimes with the age old "Unhandled exception" c0000005 error, i dont mind it, but i get it when i start VCO, the game boots in and it joins the server, downloads the models.. and you know that brief period of lag your pc gets when its putting up the character selection screen? thats when it just busts on me, for no reason c0000005 error. I really love VC.. when i got my ps2 and i played GTA3 in 2003 i was shocked (since i played gta1&2 as a kid) .. but there were some aspects i didnt like, then VC rears its head around the corner.. and its got everything you wanted 3 to have, even the simple things like jumping out of a moving car.

I really want to play, if anyone can find a way around this it would be great, im pretty sweet at computers.. but ive gone through the internet day and night for the last few days going around in circles because no one has fixed this issue since 2003, when it showed up.

No idea if the c0000005 is the actual error that is the issue, or its just my PC or a setting thats causing the error to appear, but it is just odd how it doesnt appear when i play SP mode (99% of the time), but as soon as i play VCO it wont even let me choose a character

Any decent input is much appreciated.

+1 to a guy called knucis who referred me
hammett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009   #2
[NoN]Bruno
VCO's Q/C Team Member

[NoN]Bruno is on a distinguished road[NoN]Bruno is on a distinguished road[NoN]Bruno is on a distinguished road[NoN]Bruno is on a distinguished road
Do you installed .Net Framework 3.5?

If not, download here:

Here!
Old 06-21-2009   #3
alec
Pro-Servers Dev

alec is on a distinguished roadalec is on a distinguished roadalec is on a distinguished road
Perhaps you could try re-installing VC and/or VCO. Seems pointless but it's often worth a shot. Someone suggests removing the Movies folder.

Hope that helps.

alec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009   #4
[NoN]Bruno
VCO's Q/C Team Member

[NoN]Bruno is on a distinguished road[NoN]Bruno is on a distinguished road[NoN]Bruno is on a distinguished road[NoN]Bruno is on a distinguished road
Make sure you dont have installed any third party mod, if you do , uninstall the mod you have installed.
Old 06-21-2009   #5
alec
Pro-Servers Dev

alec is on a distinguished roadalec is on a distinguished roadalec is on a distinguished road
Mods could cause an unhandled exception error, but he would probably have mentioned if he has any. I think we pretty much agree that a reinstall of VC would go a long way .

Old 06-21-2009   #6
tuntis
tuntis.net

tuntis is on a distinguished roadtuntis is on a distinguished roadtuntis is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by [NoN]Bruno View Post
Do you installed .Net Framework 3.5?

If not, download here:

Here!
It's only needed for the server browser, any ingame problem is not related to it.
tuntis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009   #7
hammett
Newbie Member

Looking for something new

Ive reinstalled it countless times, VC and VCO, complete uninstalls, deleted the folder etc.etc., more than once

I have no mods installed whatsoever its just a standard full install +radio,

The movies suggestion i tried yesterday, i even did a clean install and removed them before i even booted the game, still no result.

Im looking for a new angle that hasnt been suggested before, because as i said ive been through the internet for the last few days and tried all of the suggestions.
Old 06-21-2009   #8
[NoN]Bruno
VCO's Q/C Team Member

Install VCO in the VC Root Directory.

Allow access to internet to gta_vc.exe

If your vice city has been downloaded, is it full?
Make sure you didnt download a "rip"

Are you running Vista?
Are you emulating VC on Linux ? ( Such as wine?)
Are you emulating in Mac? (Any version)
Do you have Visual C++ 2005?
Old 06-22-2009   #9
alec
Pro-Servers Dev

I think he would have mentioned those things. -_- Vista might have something to do with it. Perhaps a bit of XP compatibility mode? I don't know, this is really bizarre. You could always try completely reinstalling Windows (although if the problem has been persisting for a while you probably already have).

Old 06-22-2009   #10
hammett
Newbie Member

Sorry bruno, not close so no cigar for you
none of those apply to me, i have XP sp2 and i tried running it on compat with win 98/2000/me and NT

does anyone have MS office installed? there was 1 solution where someone told another person with the same error to uninstall it as it worked for him,

Just wondering if anyone has MS office installed (2003+) and is able to run VC + VCO without "unhandled exception c0000005"
Old 06-22-2009   #11
[NoN]Bruno
VCO's Q/C Team Member

I dont think MS Office has nothing to do with it.Maybe you are missing some font that requiers VCO.Do you have another computer? if so, try running VCO in it.

Good luck to you on this one, and im very sorry you cant play this wonderfull mod
Old 06-22-2009   #12
alec
Pro-Servers Dev

I'll install my old copy of Office 2003 on a machine for you tomorrow and see what happens. It might be the cause although I don't think it's likely either. This is super odd!

Old 06-22-2009   #13
[NoN]Bruno
VCO's Q/C Team Member

I have office 2003 and works just fine
Old 06-23-2009   #14
alec
Pro-Servers Dev

Save me having to try it then

Old 06-23-2009   #15
[NoN]Bruno
VCO's Q/C Team Member

Come on! Think of something that fits... , ( This became like a Dr.House episode )