Old 05-27-2009   #16
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels
Loyal Member

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
I think the reason is that R* actually needed that money, as opposed to wanting it from a profit standoff.
Old 05-27-2009   #17
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Microsoft payed, Sony declined and didn't pay a dime. Your result is exclusive content for 360 that may or may not come to PS3 in a later future. That's the way it is, nothing you can do about it.
Old 05-27-2009   #18
Patrucci

Patrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenotsogoodtrickster View Post
I think the reason is that R* actually needed that money, as opposed to wanting it from a profit standoff.
No, R* didn't need the money..

Microsoft needed the sales.
Patrucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009   #19
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels
Loyal Member

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrucci View Post
No, R* didn't need the money..

Microsoft needed the sales.
Yeah, Microsoft did it for the sales, but wasn't R*'s piggybank empty after the Hot Coffee shit?
Old 05-27-2009   #20
Patrucci

Patrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud of
Probably not, that was a few years ago.
Old 05-27-2009   #21
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Don't know, did Microsoft pay before GTAIV was released or after?

If after, i don't know if they would have needed the money. Because i imagine the amount of sales for the video game and other merchandise would have raked in a shitload of money. Most likely they paid to cement their deal and secure a good future for content on their console. It boost the sale of their console slightly but it probably doesn't work well with part of the gaming community.
Old 05-27-2009   #22
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Probably not, that was a few years ago.
You do know Take2 were in financial trouble before GTA IV? And the GTA department only made back soo much from the Stories games, they still had a big hole left from the Hot Coffee damages.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009   #23
Patrucci

Oh yeah, because didn't R* grant a however amount of money to people.
I forget the situation, but it was something along those lines?
Old 05-27-2009   #24
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
If I remember, a little hazy, it was $35 or a new copy of the game.
Old 05-27-2009   #25
Patrucci

Yeah, I thought it was around that price.
Old 05-27-2009   #26
Comeback209

Comeback209 is on a distinguished roadComeback209 is on a distinguished roadComeback209 is on a distinguished road
Not sure what's up with all the anti 360 talk. I'd take a constantly breaking console over my dust collector of a PS3 any day. Seems like Fry's butthurt is showing far too much.
Comeback209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009   #27
Patrucci

Not sure what's up with this guys anti PS3 talk. I'd take a constantly dusty console over my breaking 360 any day. Seems like Comeback's comeback's aren't very good.

Same situation dude.
People have their own opinions, it's life.
Old 05-27-2009   #28
Fry
Your Mother

Fry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash_735 View Post
That's totally not a fanboy response
I don't see how it's a fanboy response, i have a 360 and it's broken. Maybe it's a disguntled owners response but that's completely justified.
Also GTAIV did suck and so did the DLC and that's just my opinion, The DLC was much like the game meaning when you finish the story you realise there is nothing else to do. I expect this to be no different.
Quote:
Fry you have a 360, no?
Yes i have a 360 but it's doing absolutely stuff all at the moment considering it broke for the 4th time a few weeks back and i'm not paying to get it fixed untill i can get some assurances it wont die in 6-12 months time and i'll have to get it fixed again. I don't like the thought of paying $150 every 6 months to fix a problem caused by MS's shitty hardware.
Quote:
Not sure what's up with all the anti 360 talk. I'd take a constantly breaking console over my dust collector of a PS3 any day. Seems like Fry's butthurt is showing far too much.
haha, people still call the PS3 a dust collector? You must not own one considering for the last 2 years it's had the better exclusives of the two platforms.......

But i guess the console will have time to collect dust considering it wont be sent off to Sony for repairs every 6 months....

Old 05-27-2009   #29
Ash_735

Fair enough, then why even come to this section if you hate the game and DLC soo much? Seems like you're here to troll and shout off about how much the 360 sucks.
Old 05-28-2009   #30
PS3_dude

PS3_dude will become famous soon enoughPS3_dude will become famous soon enoughPS3_dude will become famous soon enoughPS3_dude will become famous soon enoughPS3_dude will become famous soon enoughPS3_dude will become famous soon enough
Well i used to have the original Xbox.....Ohh boy. The God Damn Piece of S*** died on me 3 times in 4 days. Kept on showing some ''E71'' Error and i kept restarting it and restarting in the middle of the game. Dunno how the 360 is, but i wouldn't buy except for the DLC's. I am just afraid. it doesn't feel like a solid console. And 2 days ago my little sister spilled coca cola in my PS3 i sent it to a repair shop i got it today and it works, perfectly. I don't think Xbox was going to survive, except to chill its, overheating hardware. I am not acting fanboy, but i may be forced to buy a 360 and then i wil write a thread, on how i go with it.
PS3_dude is offline   Reply With Quote