Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto Mods > Grand Theft Auto IV Mods
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2009   #1
wolf 001

wolf 001 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy whats the problem and how to fix it?????

i've got some trouble whit moding gta iv so can anybody tell me how to install the mods whit open iv i go to it but i dont understand what to do
please help
wolf 001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009   #2
behzad_sol
Unregistered User

behzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to behold
Please visit this link, if you had some problems again post it here
Old 06-08-2009   #3
wolf 001

Unhappy

oh i was there but i cant open spark iv and things like that only program whats working are open iv but i still dont understand what i have to copy from where to where and why i cant install bagic patcher or something like that i cant make my game moddable cause of that i cant get it why i dont get some error messages but there is some errors help please
Old 06-08-2009   #4
behzad_sol
Unregistered User

behzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to behold
What do you mean you can't install magic patcher?
Old 06-08-2009   #5
wolf 001

well i go to that magic file for install and whete writes:making magic backups of file complete press any key to continue
i press something and nothing going on later
Old 06-08-2009   #6
behzad_sol
Unregistered User

Oh, Please try installing this patcher

Edit: actualy to install magic patcher you must do this: Backup the existing pc\data\filelist.pak, then replace pc\data\filelist.pak with the file in the archive

Last edited by behzad_sol; 06-08-2009 at 12:06 PM..
behzad_sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009   #7
wolf 001

whats mean backup files and that files i dont have in my gta iv file i got just user music and videos in wich are some rendered and clips and btw you are great gamer and lifesaver thnx and continue explane me how to install modes and things

oh sorry i read it wrong that means i have to copy mod and replace it whit that pack???

Last edited by wolf 001; 06-08-2009 at 01:24 PM.. Reason: auto-merged double post
Old 06-08-2009   #8
behzad_sol
Unregistered User

in this directory which is same for you, "GTA-IV\Grand Theft Auto IV\pc\data", in "data" folder you should find a file named "filelist.pak", before doing anything make copy of it and paste somewhere else as backup and if the file isn't there in "data" folder, copy the "filelist.pak" from the magic patcher folder and paste it in "data".

about the mods, which mod you want to instal that you some problems with?
Old 06-08-2009   #9
wolf 001

well i dont now how to install mods???
do i have to copy it in this mgic patch???
just how to install mods and can i install trainers and skins whit that???
and when i do that backup is it installed???
sorry for much questions
Old 06-08-2009   #10
behzad_sol
Unregistered User

No, just do the thing I said in my last post to install the magic patcher

about mods, it depends on mod's type, like if it's a script or textures
Old 06-08-2009   #11
wolf 001

so i have to install some other program to install some mods but can i install trainers whit this vand i have to replace that pak whit mod??? i dont get it
Old 06-08-2009   #12
behzad_sol
Unregistered User

Install this ASI loader to get the trainer to work (instructions are in its read me)
Old 06-09-2009   #13
wolf 001

ok whait how can i install mod whit that magic patch???
i have to replace whatr whit what???

and what is gta iv main dir???

Last edited by wolf 001; 06-09-2009 at 05:43 AM.. Reason: auto-merged double post
Old 06-09-2009   #14
behzad_sol
Unregistered User

for installing mods you need magic patcher just once, only to allow modding of some game protected files. If you want to instal texture mods such as new skins or new clothes, you need SparkIV or OpenIV (every mod has a file named "read me" that explains you how to install them) but if you want to instal script mods, you must instal this ASI Loader to get the trainers/scripts to work

and gta-iv main dir means gta-iv main directory, where your game is installed (like this: E:\Games\GTA-IV\Grand Theft Auto IV)
Old 06-10-2009   #15
wolf 001

ok now i can mod game yes???
i have one trainer where read me file dont explane me how to install just commands i think it's simple mod and when you download it writes trainer v36
and can you explane me work in open iv please??

Last edited by wolf 001; 06-10-2009 at 08:30 AM..