Old 03-29-2009   #1
Lander

Lander is on a distinguished roadLander is on a distinguished road
Problem with server

Hello everyone

I'm new on the forum, but not in the game.

Congratulations guys for build this client to play online one of my favourites games of all time. I know, I also play VC:MP and MTA, but this client is more flexible with the LUA script, this allow to make possible the impossible. And now, let's go to the problem.

I have the client and server, but when I host the server, this close without reason. In the server_log.txt doesn't say what's the error. This happend several times, when i put a command, when i shoot a player, etc.... I have the game in spanish language without mod (such ENBSeries, car mods, etc......)

I hope that you guys can fix this problem.

Thanks.

Last edited by Lander; 03-29-2009 at 08:33 PM..
Lander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009   #2
ReGeX
VCO Developer

ReGeX will become famous soon enoughReGeX will become famous soon enoughReGeX will become famous soon enoughReGeX will become famous soon enoughReGeX will become famous soon enoughReGeX will become famous soon enoughReGeX will become famous soon enoughReGeX will become famous soon enoughReGeX will become famous soon enough
Perhaps you could post your entire script?

.:: Visit Vice City Online's GTAGaming Page Today! ::.
ReGeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009   #3
Lander

Script???? I'm using the script that come with the server, without modifications. The Main.lua and the Extension_Vehicles.lua was hosted without modifications by me.
Old 03-29-2009   #4
ReGeX
VCO Developer

ReGeX will become famous soon enoughReGeX will become famous soon enoughReGeX will become famous soon enoughReGeX will become famous soon enoughReGeX will become famous soon enoughReGeX will become famous soon enoughReGeX will become famous soon enoughReGeX will become famous soon enoughReGeX will become famous soon enough
There is no reason why your server would crash. Perhaps it's behind a firewall and still blocked?

.:: Visit Vice City Online's GTAGaming Page Today! ::.
ReGeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009   #5
Lander

I have opened the port 4800 UDP to play with a friend, and the server closed. Also I desactivated the windows firewall, and nothing.

I have the game in spanish language, my PC in the Spanish language too, with net frameworks required to play VCO
Old 03-30-2009   #6
Mantis
Music=Life

Mantis is on a distinguished roadMantis is on a distinguished roadMantis is on a distinguished roadMantis is on a distinguished road
I think I know what your problem is. I was experiencing it when I first hosted my test server. It seems like there is a bug in the script. I've done extensive tests on it, and I've been looking at car placements, I'm not too sure the cause 100% but I'm thinking it's got something to do with vehicles or a function/callback. I'll post with a fix when I manage to solve it.
Mantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009   #7
[LCK]G0LdzEr0

[LCK]G0LdzEr0 is an unknown quantity at this point
I have this same problem with server...
[LCK]G0LdzEr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009   #8
Toiletduck

Toiletduck is an unknown quantity at this point
I solved this by removing all cars from my extension file.
I will write a new one soon but for now, it is working nicely.
Toiletduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009   #9
[LCK]G0LdzEr0

[LCK]G0LdzEr0 is an unknown quantity at this point
Code:
outputConsole("Creating vehicles and loading the extension...")
loadExtension("Extensions\\Extension_Vehicles.lua")
Bug is in this line (file: Main.lua). "\\" must be replaced by "/" and it will works fine
[LCK]G0LdzEr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009   #10
Lander

Quote:
Originally Posted by [LCK]G0LdzEr0 View Post
Code:
outputConsole("Creating vehicles and loading the extension...")
loadExtension("Extensions\\Extension_Vehicles.lua")
Bug is in this line (file: Main.lua). "\\" must be replaced by "/" and it will works fine
I've changed that, but the problem persist. Maybe the problem is the extension_vehicles.lua
Old 03-31-2009   #11
Raekwon
Newbie Member

Raekwon is an unknown quantity at this point
Hes having the same problem as me and I havnt gotten any replies, only difference is when it crashes on Linux it shows you why.

I think its obvious VC-O has serious memory allocation errors or needs to be compiled on other Linux distrobutions.

Edit: Fixed all of these issues with random crashing and memory allocation (glibc) errors on linux by only using loadExtension once.
everytime you use loadExtension() it gives every file the same ID and crashes the server at a random time.

Problem solved by switching to dofile() instead.

Last edited by Raekwon; 03-31-2009 at 09:22 PM..
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009   #12
Mantis
Music=Life

Mantis is on a distinguished roadMantis is on a distinguished roadMantis is on a distinguished roadMantis is on a distinguished road
There is an issue with the default main.lua file that I've found, it's more of a code error, but still can cause server shutdown.
Using /stats works on yourself, but when you try to use /stats [id] it closes down the server.
I'm not saying this is the main cause, but that is a problem that can cause your error.
Mantis is offline   Reply With Quote