Old 03-19-2009   #1
riniks92

riniks92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry GTA IV crashes while the game loads

I was playing GTA IV and I changed player's model using ''inGameTrainer130'' mod,
Then I saw an icon on map, you know, side mission icon.
And then I walked too close to it and it triggered the side mission.. while it was loading the game crashed.

Before that I saved the game with different player model

Now every time when I launch gta iv and after the intro, press start (or new game, can't remember), when that ''slide show'' and loading ends game crashes.

How can I fix this???
riniks92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009   #2
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
do a fresh reinstall of the game then, Mods/Trainers can and will mess up the game and cause it to crash if you are not careful, thats why its best to install them manually so you can put the original files back (that should have backed up) if something doesn't work.

i7 2600k @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333 | 4GB EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX | EVGA Z68 SLI
Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009   #3
riniks92

I already reinstalled it just before this. ( I didn't reinstalled the game just before this post, I mean today I already installed gta iv, then I made the game modable... and did that what I wrote in the first post )

I believe this can be solved without reinstalling the game! it takes a long time.
That trained/mod is very fun, so playing without wouldn't it be that fun.

Last edited by riniks92; 03-20-2009 at 01:11 AM..
Old 03-20-2009   #4
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
So you made a change to the models and then saved the game?

In this case if you can't revert the changes from outside the savegame I'd say you have a good chance of not regaining your corrupt save. GTAIV is a whole new breed, trainers before in the GTAIII era didn't really cause much to perm crash your save.
Old 03-20-2009   #5
riniks92

Yeah, I saved the game with niko withot niko's model, model was from one of the pedestrians.
And now every time, game loads it crashes.

Please help somehow, I want to play GTA IV!!!
Old 03-20-2009   #6
iKlipse

iKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond repute
Try deleting your save game, if that works then don't change your character model and save next time.

I'm guessing the game saved and recorded such data like:
Character_Model: 254 or N/A

It tried to load up the game with that certain model but didn't recognize it as a normal model causing the games executable to crash.

So try deleting your save and starting up a new game, if that doesn't work then uninstall your game and delete every file and folder in GTA IV's root file. Then make a fresh install.
I would recommend you stay away from trainers, they do tend to cause problems.
iKlipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009   #7
riniks92

Can you tell me have to delete my save game?
I have to open:
C:\Users\Rinalds\AppData\Local\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\savegames
and delete all what's in there?