Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2009   #1
kayanat
Newbie Member

kayanat is an unknown quantity at this point
GTA IV PC Demo

Where can I find GTA IV demo game for PC? I wanna download a demo version of the latest Grand Theft Auto 4 (GTA IV) game for Windows. Somewhere I got to read that its demo is not available from Rockstar. Is it true? If not, then please give me the website's address from where I will be able to download a functional demo of GTA 4.
Old 03-17-2009   #2
.:Mouldy Punk:.

.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of
Welcome to the forums and all that jazz. I recommend you read the rules otherwise you're going to get banned very quickly. On your first post you managed to do the following things wrong;
1. Posted in a thread that hadn't been posted in for over 2 weeks
2. Posted in a thread that had nothing to do with the topic you were asking about
3. Posted in the wrong forum

Don't do it again please. The staff here have better things to do with their time than act as common sense for people who seem to be lacking in it.

That aside, to your question:

There is no demo for GTA IV official or otherwise. Aside from getting the full game through illegal means, eg theft - which we won't discuss here (read the rules), you're going to have to buy the full game.

Hosted on ImgBin.Org | Happy Easter...ish
.:Mouldy Punk:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009   #3
GamerX5500

GamerX5500 is on a distinguished roadGamerX5500 is on a distinguished roadGamerX5500 is on a distinguished roadGamerX5500 is on a distinguished roadGamerX5500 is on a distinguished road
I don't believe you can get a GTA IV Demo. It would be possible to up it to a full version via hacks.
GamerX5500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009   #4
KING_EGYPT604
Newbie Member

KING_EGYPT604 is an unknown quantity at this point
i like playing gta soooooooooooooooooooo much
KING_EGYPT604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009   #5
kalifa

kalifa is on a distinguished roadkalifa is on a distinguished road
You should skip on gta4 unless you have PC hardware that doesn't exist yet (lame ass R* excuse) if you wanna play the game.
Steep hardware requirements killed the purchase for many people. Not to mention all that registration bullshit.
As for gta demos, no 3D gta has ever had a demo version available.
kalifa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009   #6
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerX5500 View Post
I don't believe you can get a GTA IV Demo. It would be possible to up it to a full version via hacks.
if they just left a small map section in it like "Bohan" then a demo would be possible. Hacks would be pointless if the other map sections weren't available.

i7 2600k @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333 | 4GB EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX | EVGA Z68 SLI
Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009   #7
Jakenz
Neg rep me please i need the most

Jakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalifa View Post
You should skip on gta4 unless you have PC hardware that doesn't exist yet (lame ass R* excuse) if you wanna play the game.
Steep hardware requirements killed the purchase for many people. Not to mention all that registration bullshit.

what about GTA 1? GTA 2??? they sure had demos
Gigabyte GA-965P-DQ6 Intel P965

-780 point(s) from 193 reps (59 positive, 121 negative, 13 neutral lol
Jakenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009   #8
De7erminist
http://7thzone.net

De7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
If you are a GTA fan to begin with, registrations wouldn't bother you. You would have had a Social Club account since the beginning of last year, and a GamerTag (you would have gotten an Xbox 360 to prepare for April 29th 2008 and the DLC). Otherwise, you wouldn't bother getting a game that you didn't like, would you? Your argument doesn't stand. Casual fans, you ask? They would've gotten it on the console - PC gamers aren't casual - you can't be casual if you spend money on new PC hardware every now and then, huh?

And no - Core 2 Duo CPUs and GeForce 8000 series work just fine. t's just that it slows to a crawl after extensive play, but it's just a matter of alt-tabbing out and getting a cup of coffee and return to the game - what's wrong?
De7erminist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009   #9
lillb
Casual User

lillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakenz View Post
what about GTA 1? GTA 2??? they sure had demos
he said no 3D GTA had a demo
1 and 2 were not 3D
Old 03-19-2009   #10
kalifa

"It slows down to a crawl after extensive play - so what's wrong?..."

Come on! You just answered your own question!

This game is buggy as hell! Rockstar should not rest until that game is running at 100% "Game was made for future hardware" - Gimme a break.
Old 03-19-2009   #11
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
the future hardware is here now, the Intel Core i7's can run the game really smoothly from benchmarks I have seen. The video card doesn't matter as much on this particular game because its mostly CPU intensive, and to be honest Buggy wise, I havn't had any serious bugs until the 1.0.2.0 patch came out which broke the Internet cafe, the original game release and 1.0.1.0 worked fine for me.

i7 2600k @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333 | 4GB EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX | EVGA Z68 SLI
Old 03-20-2009   #12
kalifa

So could an AMD Phenom II 3.0 ghz Quad-CPU run this game smoothly with a Radeon 4800 class video card?

Cuz if it can... I'm getting one right now!!!
Old 03-20-2009   #13
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Quote:
So could an AMD Phenom II 3.0 ghz Quad-CPU run this game smoothly with a Radeon 4800 class video card?

Cuz if it can... I'm getting one right now!!!
Easily, that would be a good setup.

Old 03-20-2009   #14
CB
"Your stupidity may be your one saving grace."

CB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
GTA III on the PS2 had a timed 10 minute demo. I remember this clearly.

CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009   #15
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels
Loyal Member

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite View Post
the future hardware is here now, the Intel Core i7's can run the game really smoothly from benchmarks I have seen. The video card doesn't matter as much on this particular game because its mostly CPU intensive, and to be honest Buggy wise, I havn't had any serious bugs until the 1.0.2.0 patch came out which broke the Internet cafe, the original game release and 1.0.1.0 worked fine for me.
The original game was less buggy for people, I can remember this, but so far I've had one crash (and that was probably due to mods), and one annoying glitch where car shadows wouldn't appear. And as of now I can max it out at 1400x900, albeit due to a little overclock of a Core 2 Duo, but I'd say that's a normal thing to do for PC gamers.

I like the description of casual gamers using consoles, you're not really casual if you upgrade your hardware at any given point. I mainly see the complainers about GTA IV PC being the type of people who buy retail computer packages and actually expect the latest hardware.

(Possibly the least directed post I've ever made.)