Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto Mods > Grand Theft Auto IV Mods
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2009   #1
_Karma_
Girl Who Chases Dragons

_Karma_ is an unknown quantity at this point
Quick question about modding textures.

I've been doing a lot of retexturing (check out my Niko avatar) but I haven't figured out a way to preview how things look on the mesh without having to start the entire game every time. Takes a very long time to do so and I was hoping that someone could recommend a better way to get a prevew of the mesh and textures I'm working with without starting up the game.

Haven't had too much luck getting answers so any help someone can offer will be very much appreciated.
Thank you.
_Karma_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009   #2
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
The only thing I can think of is having to export the model and import into the new version of ZModeler (which you need to buy) and applying the textures again via ZModeler's tool. This is probably a lot of work just to get a preview, and you might be better off just starting the game. Use XLiveLess when testing out a mod because it'll make the game's load much faster.
Old 02-26-2009   #3
_Karma_
Girl Who Chases Dragons

Ah cool, thanks a lot for the advice.
I've been using XLive Wrapper but I still can't get any .asi scripted mods to run on the latest patch. I had the car spawner running no problem before the update. Think XLive will work for that too? Is there something else I need to run with XLiveless to run asi mods, or will that be sufficient? I mean, will I need to run asi loader or alice alongside XLiveless?
Just asking since I'll probably switch to that per your advice. Hopefully that will fix my mods not working after patching as well as allow me to view my textures a lot faster.

I really appreciate your advice. Thanks rappo.
Old 02-26-2009   #4
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
Which ASI mods are you trying to run? Please provide links and stuff
Old 02-27-2009   #5
_Karma_
Girl Who Chases Dragons

Sure thing,
I'm trying to run:
Car Spawner In-Game Menu
and
The Speedometer mod hosted lower down on this page.

I was using this car spawner and it worked awesome until I updated to the most recent patch.
Maybe that's why someone made a new one.
Older Car Spawner

Last of all, I was trying to get this mod (CharComponents Mod) running but can't seem to get a single one to work...which makes me think I must be missing something.

I think that's it...Thanks a lot for your help, rappo!

Last edited by _Karma_; 02-27-2009 at 12:39 AM..
Old 02-27-2009   #6
brew1
Newbie Member

brew1 is an unknown quantity at this point
I got the ingame car spawner to work with alex blades asi loader. but i would recommend going right to simple native trainer v2.4 because it has the same car spawner in it, as well as object spawner, speed, teliporting and more.
brew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009   #7
JC
PhD, MSc, BSc

JC will become famous soon enoughJC will become famous soon enoughJC will become famous soon enoughJC will become famous soon enoughJC will become famous soon enoughJC will become famous soon enoughJC will become famous soon enoughJC will become famous soon enoughJC will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by brew1 View Post
I got the ingame car spawner to work with alex blades asi loader. but i would recommend going right to simple native trainer v2.4 because it has the same car spawner in it, as well as object spawner, speed, teliporting and more.

I use that.
+rep btw good help.

If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything.
Malcolm X
JC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009   #8
_Karma_
Girl Who Chases Dragons

Doh, after all that I realized that I was missing FileCheck.asi (or whatever it's called). I knew it had to be something stupid and small because I'm definitely not a mod newb....I'm just a little bit flaky....
Thanks guys. Still hoping for a way to preview textures on models without starting up the game but it looks like there's no such thing at the moment.

Last edited by _Karma_; 03-02-2009 at 06:15 PM.. Reason: auto-merged double post