Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV > The Lost and Damned
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2009   #1
zeeshan810
RockstarDB.com

zeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enough
Post Analyst: 2 million Lost and Damned, next GTA by Nov. '10 (Gamespot)

Wedbush Morgan's Michael Pachter expects first Grand Theft Auto IV DLC to go double-platinum by October 31; raises rating on Take-Two stock, believes new full game due during publisher's next fiscal year.

Last Friday, Microsoft triumphantly announced that Grant Theft Auto IV: The Lost and Damned had as "eclipsed first-day revenue for all previous downloadable content on Xbox Live." The software giant also played up the fact the Xbox 360-exclusive expansion--the first of two due this year--was the "highest reviewed downloadable content ever from Rockstar Games."

What Microsoft didn't do was offer any sales figures for The Lost and Damned, which won't be tracked by the retail-focused research firm the NPD Group. Today, Wedbush Morgan analyst Michael Pacther stepped into the breach, estimating that the $20 add-on has sold over 1 million units to date. The game-industry cognoscenti went on to predict that it will go on to sell over 2 million units by October 31, the end of Rockstar Games parent Take-Two Interactive's fiscal year.

Pachter went on to say that he considers Take-Two a "one hit wonder." Luckily, that one hit is the Grand Theft Auto series, which the analyst is confident will haul the publisher's stock out of Wall Street's basement. Initially valued at $26 a share in Electronic Arts' rejected buyout offer last year, Take-Two stock was trading under $6 as of press time--still almost four times as much as General Motors, and nearly six times as much as Citigroup.

Pachter, however, today upgraded his rating on Take-Two from "hold" to "buy", and set a target price of $10 for its stock. He pointed to Take-Two's recent signing of long-term contracts with Rockstar Games founders Dan and Sam Houser ensures a steady stream of top-quality GTA games for the foreseeable future. That's in addition to the all-new franchise the brothers are working on, possibly exclusively for the PlayStation 3.

"We acknowledge that this upgrade may appear early in light of the company’s cautious outlook for near break-even results in fiscal year 2009," wrote Pachter, before making a industry-rattling prediction. "However, we believe that the company’s share price fully reflects the cautious guidance, and disregards a potential GTA release in fiscal year 2010, as well as better performance in the future." (Emphasis added.)

Pachter went on to say it was a "reasonable expectation" for the next GTA to arrive sometime between November 1, 2009 and October 31, 2010. That means the next game in the series could hit anytime: Although installments in the series traditionally shipped during October, last year Grand Theft Auto IV launched in April following months of delays. He also believes that it's likely the next batch of GTAIV DLC will arrive after Take-Two's current fiscal year ends in October.

Next GTA by Nov 10' sorry but that not going to happen*

Source Gamespot:
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6205730.html

Last edited by zeeshan810; 03-06-2009 at 02:00 PM..
zeeshan810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009   #2
GTA4EVER
Newbie Member

GTA4EVER is an unknown quantity at this point
what do you think should be in the next gta?
GTA4EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009   #3
zeeshan810
RockstarDB.com

zeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enough
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA4EVER View Post
what do you think should be in the next gta?
Car Customization and Character Hairs,Tattoos and etc.. should be in the next GTA.
Old 03-06-2009   #4
Slevin
Newbie Member

Slevin is on a distinguished roadSlevin is on a distinguished road
That's some interesting news...

Hopefully they'll create some new, interesting missions for the next GTA. I dunno about you guys, but I think that a lot of the missions in the past GTA games, like SA and GTA 4, have been copies of other missions in Vice City and GTA 3.
Slevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009   #5
devil chevelle
guy with the worst punctuation

devil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enough
if they can keep it like gta 4 that woud be awesome yes some upgrades would be good but i cant think of anything right now that i would want in another gta game i just hope they stop the cycle of liberty city vice city and san andreas like i have been saying they need to do chicago theres so much potential in that city. also for the next dlc i think it will be released in either august - october

also i didnt quite understand what he meaned by a one hit wonder? the dlc wont sell good again? or gta 4 will go down hill? dont know ?

Last edited by devil chevelle; 03-06-2009 at 03:22 PM..
devil chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009   #6
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Patcher's a DICK, 9 out of 10 times anything he says is usually bullshit and turns out false and it annoys me that this prick gets paid to just do guess work when his guesses rarely happen.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009   #7
Jaytow

Jaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by devil chevelle View Post
if they can keep it like gta 4 that woud be awesome yes some upgrades would be good but i cant think of anything right now that i would want in another gta game i just hope they stop the cycle of liberty city vice city and san andreas like i have been saying they need to do chicago theres so much potential in that city. also for the next dlc i think it will be released in either august - october

also i didnt quite understand what he meaned by a one hit wonder? the dlc wont sell good again? or gta 4 will go down hill? dont know ?
He is saying that the GTA "series" is all take two have that is good.

I'm not commenting either way.
Jaytow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009   #8
GTA4EVER
Newbie Member

GTA4EVER is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by devil chevelle View Post

or we can have the next best thing. multiply locations! we could have liberty city vice city SA and maybe niko's hometown still in the middle of the war.
GTA4EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009   #9
Patrucci

Patrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud of
offtopic: Everytime I see the title I read. "Analist."

@topic: I don't care how long I have to wait, just I want a new city.
Patrucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009   #10
zeeshan810
RockstarDB.com

Patrucci WE ALL WANT A NEW CITY** YOUR NOT ALONE **

LOOKS like we have to wait and see which City did R* chose.